Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/header.php on line 202
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum - - Powered by XMB
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Ősidők óta/ Since Ancient Times - SGA: Todd character vid - Foreign Language Challenge
Valika Female
Lieutenant

Mood: better and better

[*] posted on 24-5-2009 at 07:09 PM
Ősidők óta/ Since Ancient Times - SGA: Todd character vid - Foreign Language Challenge

Vid Title: Ősidők óta/ Since Ancient Times
Song Title: Ősidők/Ancient Times
Song Artist: New Times
Pairing/Character: Todd, a little Todd/Sheppard
Category: character
Series: SGA)
Length: 3:02 min
Size: 27.2 MB and 29.1 MB (with subtitles)
Format: zipped wmv
Direct link: download with lyrics separately
download with English subtitles
Streaming: without subtitles

This is my entry for the Foreign Language Challenge, a character vid about Todd, the Wraith and a little Sheppard additionally. There are 2 versions available: one in the original language with a separate text file with the lyrics in the zip file, the other one has English subtitles. You can choose what you prefer.:)

"There is one thing that I do know is true. Mind is a powerful thing.
No matter who or what you believe in, sometimes belief itself makes
all the difference in the world you just don't give up.
Tell yourself whatever you have to, just believe you're gonna make it."

http://mywebgate.yolasite.com/resources/SGbanner.png
Korat
Lieutenant

Mood: sleep deprived.

[*] posted on 25-5-2009 at 09:52 PM

yay ! a Todd vid... in hungarian none the less, how frilling awesome.

I really liked the general Idea of this vid, the character involved,and of course the music. The word matched so well with Todd, and the singing style as well.It was very well done, but I just don't know, I just couldn't get into it.

When I watched this vid, I felt disconnected from the music (especially
In the introduction from :18 - :55). it felt like it was taking place in some sort of soft edged dream world. I think in general this vid would have gone with a much rougher, edgier, modern, techno-based feel with tight clips edits soundly on the beat, and with the motions inside the clips hitting on the main musical clues. I think that the special effect that were used (the black flickery thing from ~:27 - ~:33 and again :38 - :44 were to few), and they stuck out from the vid which seemed to favour soft gentle fades...I found that the clips just didn't match the music, they didn't fall on the beats and just didn't seem to work for me, sorry. I also found that around the 1 minute range there were several musical clue that I though just begged to have some recognition in the clips, but the only one you acted on was at 1:05.

Overall I'm sure this is a great vid for an Hungarian speaker who can get wrapped up in the lyrics, but speaking as someone who can't even say hello or I love you in Hungarian (despite months of watching Megasztár on youtube.) I looked more at the technical aspect and how the vid seemed to work with the sound of the music. I really enjoyed the hungarian music, and the wraith aspect of the vid and those are both things I would love to see lots more of, I just can't seem to get into this vid. Sorry.

Valika Female
Lieutenant

Mood: better and better

[*] posted on 28-5-2009 at 07:30 PM

Wow, what a detailed feedback, thank you Korat! I really appreciate your constructive criticism, this is what a vidder can learn from. I think, it's pleasant, when I read nice words about my vid (and all vidders need this for sure), but a critique like yours is a precious one, it helps to see the weaknesses of my work, it can show me the ways of possible improvement as a vidder.

I like this music and I thought its lyrics would fit Todd so much and I'm afraid I didn't pay too much attention at musical clues and beats unfortunately. I also realized for now that the gentle fades were not the best choices for this special music and subject. I agree with you, that it's entirely different, when the lyrics sounds on your mother tongue. Even so I hardly meet a music vid made for a Hungarian song, it's weird. I made some and I'm willing to make more in the future.:)

Did you watched the Megasztár comptetion, really? When? WHich year? Who was your favourite singer? :D

I'll have time to watch all the entries at the weekend, I'll come back and give feedbacks.;)

"There is one thing that I do know is true. Mind is a powerful thing.
No matter who or what you believe in, sometimes belief itself makes
all the difference in the world you just don't give up.
Tell yourself whatever you have to, just believe you're gonna make it."

http://mywebgate.yolasite.com/resources/SGbanner.png
Tonttu
Sergeant

[*] posted on 21-6-2009 at 10:42 PM

Not using "hard" subs is a plus :)
The soft fades worked in the beginning but didn't quite fit later, maybe using faster fades or masked fades
Flickering to black around 0:27-0:33 and 0:37-0:43 was nice, although the SciFi logo was taking attention with the flickering, perhaps using a mask to keep the logo from flickering would work even better
I liked the music although it's not the kind of music I usually listen
Didn't read the lyrics so I have no idea what the song was about but it sounded nice and that's all that matters

Editing with
Hardware: Core 2 Quad Q9300, XFX Radeon HD4870 1GB XXX, 8GB DDR2, 4 internal and 3 external hard drives = 3TB storage space
Software
Linux: Linux Mint 9 Isadora x64, kdenlive, AviSynth via wine and avs2yuv, x264, mencoder, mkvtoolnix
Windows: Vista Ultimate x64, Sony Vegas, Debugmode FrameServer, AviSynth, x264, mkvtoolnix

Go To Top