Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/header.php on line 202
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum - Movie Trailer Redo Challenge!! - Powered by XMB
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Movie Trailer Redo Challenge!!
afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

Mood: Coffee... need coffee!!

[*] posted on 26-1-2009 at 06:46 AM
Movie Trailer Redo Challenge!!

Brought to you by Stef

We watch 'em all the time! Sometimes they're even better than the movie itself. Yes folks, it's Trailer time!

Your mission is to take the audio from a movie trailer of your choice and edit it with Stargate (Atlantis or SG-1) footage. As Stef has pointed out, to make it good, you will have to pay attention to the pacing, mood, and structure of the original trailer. How crafty are you to make all those elements work with completely different footage? We want to see!! :)

Don't know where to get your trailer soundtrack? There's a whole slew of them on Apple Movie Trailers or IMDb- take your pick!

A List of well done examples (if you're unsure about what the challenge entails)
Blade Trailer with Angel footage.
Pride & Prejudice Trailer with Harry Potter footage

You can post your entries in the Movie Trailer Redo Challenge thread at any time.

Deadline for this challenge is March 1, 2009 at midnight GMT.

Feel free to spread the word that the challenge is on! :)

Just a reminder for any newbies to our lovely challenges:

CHALLENGE RULES/GUIDELINES

1. Only one entry per participant per challenge. (unless the individual challenge indicates otherwise)

2. No editing/tweaking of the entry once it has been submitted to the challenge thread.

3. Original entries only for each challenge - previously made/re-edited vids cannot be entered and will not be allowed.

4. You must use an approved hosting link for your vid to be eligible.
http://community.livejournal.com/the_kawoosher/25189.html

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/after_thought_/MyBannercompletesmaller-1.jpg
UhSir Female
Captain

Mood: Pretty good, thank you!

[*] posted on 26-1-2009 at 07:26 AM

I'm not sure I completely understand. We use the audio from a trailer, including any actual movie dialog it may contain? :|

++++++++++++++++++
Vidding since December 2005.

Hardware: ASUS G73SW-A1, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M (4095 MB, DirectX 11, Shader Model 5), Dual 500 GB internal hard drives.

Software: Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows Movie Maker 6, DVD Shrink, Windows Media Encoder 9, Freemake Video Converter, Audacity.
Stef Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 26-1-2009 at 08:09 AM

The idea for this challenge actually came from this music video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYR8uQjTpaM

I think that gives you a good idea of what this challenge is all about. The person took the audio from one trailer ('300') and used clips from another movie ('Team America: World Police') to illustrate them.

Really, the idea behind this challenge is to recreate an existing trailer with SG-1 or SGA content. So if you want to take say the trailer for 'Fellowship of the Ring' you would have to mold your SG-1 or SGA tale around the idea that the trailer for that film presents (the 'fellowship' could be SG-1, Gandalf could be Hammond, Frodo could be Daniel, Sauron could be Apophis, and so on).

I know this may sound hard, and I'm sure it has the potential to be...but I also think it has the potential to be a lot of fun! I mean, surely there's been a story or film that you would have loved to have seen done Stargate-style. Now's your chance to make it so!

Nebulan had also suggested this idea (her example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sge5pUSJIRY), so perhaps she'd like to answer some questions or clarify? :)

-Stef

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/Ties-That-Bind/Banners/Daniel-Vala/Tags/Logo-Fall.jpg
starrylizard
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 26-1-2009 at 09:37 AM

Do you have any leads for places with movie trailers we can watch?

Life's too important to take seriously ~ Oscar Wilde
Korat
Lieutenant

Mood: sleep deprived.

[*] posted on 26-1-2009 at 12:18 PM

I have a kinda random question

Why was this challenge chosen over the foriegn language challenge? The discussion topic for this challenge has a grand total of 5 reponses while the foriegn language thread has over 50! I just don't understand the logic behind the selection of the chalenges (if in fact there is any).

That being said. I won't be doing this challenge because, well, I don't feel like doing a English vid at this point in my life. Heck I don't know if I'll ever feel up to English agian, I've lost my ability to see beyond the surface of the music. It just doesn't make anysense anymore. I hate watching vids that only take into account the most superficial litteral meaning of the lyrics, so now I am waiting for the foriegn language challenge. Till then.

UhSir Female
Captain

[*] posted on 26-1-2009 at 12:19 PM

Stef, Thanks, as I was thinking then. And a good amount of time to get it done too cuz I've got a lot of ripping ahead.

starrylizard, I went to IMDb Now Playing and went through using the "Previous Week" link at the bottom until I found a trailer.

++++++++++++++++++

Hardware: ASUS G73SW-A1, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M (4095 MB, DirectX 11, Shader Model 5), Dual 500 GB internal hard drives.

Software: Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows Movie Maker 6, DVD Shrink, Windows Media Encoder 9, Freemake Video Converter, Audacity.
starrylizard
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 26-1-2009 at 12:33 PM

Thanks for the link UhSir. :)

afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

[*] posted on 26-1-2009 at 12:47 PM

@ Korat - I can tell you why I didn't pick the Foreign Language challenge this round, even though I was going to. Basically because the forum's (including challenges and votes) has been kinda slow. Because this is a more challenging challenge that I know people have a passion about I want to make sure it gets the attention it deserves. I didn't think that following a low entry challenge with another challenging challenge would increase participation.

But that being said, if there are five or more members that would like to do the Foreign Language Challenge instead of this one, I have no problems with changing it. :) Overall, I just don't want people disappointed by challenge turnout - I want everyone to have fun.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/after_thought_/MyBannercompletesmaller-1.jpg
UhSir Female
Captain

[*] posted on 26-1-2009 at 01:16 PM

Korat, What if you do this challenge using a trailer in a non-English language?

afterThought, I'll admit I too was disappointed that the Foreign Language challenge didn't happen but I completely agree with your reasoning so I'm not sad about it anymore. I have been eager to do it but I want lots of vidders there with me too, so I'm okay with waiting. Thanks for managing this stuff with such a level head. I'm not asking to switch the challenge, but it is okay with me if you do. I'm interested in doing this one now too.

++++++++++++++++++

Valika Female
Lieutenant

Mood: better and better

[*] posted on 26-1-2009 at 01:26 PM

I agree with UhSir regarding the challenges entirely.

I have a question besides. May I use only the music of a trailer? I mean not exactly the whole trailer with the voices speaking something about the movie. Only the music itself. And this could be a possibility for Korat, too.;)

"There is one thing that I do know is true. Mind is a powerful thing.
No matter who or what you believe in, sometimes belief itself makes
all the difference in the world you just don't give up.
Tell yourself whatever you have to, just believe you're gonna make it."

http://mywebgate.yolasite.com/resources/SGbanner.png
afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

[*] posted on 26-1-2009 at 01:48 PM

Sorry Valika - I think having the voices in there is part of the challenge, otherwise it's just like a musical. Think, girl, think! :D There's so much tongue in cheek, twisting of words out there that you can do with the dialogue.

I'm going to post an example of one I remember from years ago that I thought was well done to give people an idea.

starrylizard
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 26-1-2009 at 01:49 PM

I'm sure you guys could choose a trailer for a foreign film and chuck in some subtitles. :grins:

afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

[*] posted on 26-1-2009 at 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by starrylizard
I'm sure you guys could choose a trailer for a foreign film and chuck in some subtitles. :grins:

lol, best of both worlds - I love it! :)

Valika Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 26-1-2009 at 02:29 PM

OK, I'll look around. I have no idea at this time, but this will be a lot of fun, I'm sure. *looking around after different movie trailers*:)

Nebulan Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 26-1-2009 at 03:04 PM

woooooh! yay! My vote is for the movie trailer redo :D I dunno what subject/trailer I'll do... and I haven't done many real trailers... but I think it would be loads of fun :D unfortunately I don't have internet at home right now (moved and new apartment has bad wiring, grrrr) so it'll be awhile before I have a chance to watch a bunch of trailers.

Sgt.Siler
Sergeant

[*] posted on 26-1-2009 at 10:45 PM

OOoo! I think this challenge was calling me through some voodoo magic or something. I haven't visited the forums here in quite some time, but something kept telling me to visit.

Now here is my favorite thing to do. Trailers. I made a trailer once after TPTB took the music and credits from the beginning of season 9 SG-1. It's here: http://sgtsiler.com/SilersWrench.html

My hobby is to find the music in movie trailers so ask away and I will try to find. :cool:

afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

[*] posted on 26-1-2009 at 11:09 PM

Woohoo - welcome back Sgt. Siler!! :) *waves voodoo hex bag* lol

Sgt.Siler
Sergeant

[*] posted on 26-1-2009 at 11:14 PM

Thanks afterThought! :D Things have been pretty hectic for me so I needed to just chill out and do something fun. When I need to do that, Kawoosh! is where I go. :D

And I came back to this thread to mention my other favorite website to help peeps out. http://www.adtunes.com/forums Use the search button there to find what you're looking for over there. It's extremely helpful! :cool:

dannysgirlsg1 Female
Sergeant

[*] posted on 26-1-2009 at 11:25 PM

Oh wow, I love this idea! I have so many favorite movie trailers that would be fun to put an SG-1 spin on!

~Pip
Stef Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 27-1-2009 at 06:05 AM

In regards to the switch - I personally love the idea of this challenge. While I was surprised to see it pop up I'm glad for it :) I've personally never planned on participating in the Foreign Language Challenge for the sheer fact that I don't know a second language...and I don't feel comfortable basing my video on someone else's interpretation of the lyrics (a translation) and I can't discard them entirely and just focus on the music :P So I'm happy with this selection, and would love to keep it!

UhSir mentioned a good spot for trailers, another one might be Apple Trailers, Coming Soon.net, or Trailer Addict.

-Stef

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/Ties-That-Bind/Banners/Daniel-Vala/Tags/Logo-Fall.jpg
starrylizard
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 27-1-2009 at 07:24 AM

Oooh someone should do Back to the Future!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yosuvf7Unmg :D

Stef Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 27-1-2009 at 07:59 AM

Ha! That would be funny! That's why I love the idea of this challenge, it offers a lot of potential for humor :P

-Stef

perkin127 Female
Lieutenant

Mood: contented

[*] posted on 27-1-2009 at 08:17 PM

ooo im going to give this one a go, ive never made one of these before!

Quote:
JACKSON: That's when it hit me - Sir Gawain.

MITCHELL: Wasn't he one of the Knights who says "Ni?
Valika Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 28-1-2009 at 06:56 PM

One more question, sorry. Is it allowed to use something from the original trailer, I mean e. g. the title with original letters or a graphic, or should be everything, totally from Stargate?

UhSir Female
Captain

[*] posted on 28-1-2009 at 10:20 PM

Good question Valika! I was planning on using that stuff but if it's not okay then I won't. :duh:

++++++++++++++++++

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top