Length: 3:38 min
Size: 37.6 MB
Format: WMV
Link: At My Livejournal

~Pip
nosferata
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 15-1-2009 at 12:58 PM

Amazing vid =) I so love the combination of Vala and the song - bottom line: "It's all about me" *hehe* and that fits vala! I especially like the beginning, with Vala's different gestures and facial expressions and the timing (see 0.17) is on the beat; not to forget that your choice of clips nails the lyrics (favourite here: Daniel speechless in 0.14)

About the effects: The speeding up during the chorus + your frequent usage of slowmotions was mostly well timed (in my humble opinion^^). I'm a fan of white blurrs and transitions, so you got me there *g* The colours were a little bit distracting in the end but I see your intention behind it ^^ The more I watch it the more I get used to them *hehe*

Bottom line: great vid! There aren't a lot of vids about Vala that show her self-centerdness as well as you do =)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mark-geddes/startrip/nossig.jpg

Always remember...

Life is not the amount of breaths you take-It's the moments that take your breath away.
dannysgirlsg1 Female
Sergeant

[*] posted on 16-1-2009 at 02:34 AM

It just hit me one night how much this song WAS a Vala song...and after that, my brabbits wouldn't leave me alone until I threw the vid together!

Yeah, I'm a stickler for timing and trying to get as on the beat as possible, so I work hard to be as close to the music/beat as I can. I'm happy this on pulls it off!

As far as the effects are concerned, I was having the nastiest time getting my WMM to cooperate while try to use the effects, so it's also good to know they came out relatively nice. I actually was kinda iffy about using the speeding up technique, but felt it was suited to song. The colors technique is one I've used a few times, so I never really notice that much anymore. I was more concerned about the speeding up/slow motion...so it's interesting to see that what I was worried about worked well, and what I never even thought about was distracting.

Thanks! Vala is a favorite character of mine, and I think it's fun to explore all sides of her - including her self-centered, 'all about me' side!

~Pip

Go To Top