Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/header.php on line 202
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum - 80's Music Challenge - Powered by XMB
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: 80's Music Challenge
afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

Mood: Coffee... need coffee!!

[*] posted on 24-11-2008 at 07:43 AM
80's Music Challenge

Brought to you by Budong Chow

We're taking a trip back in time - can you digg it? :P

Yes, Stargate Fans - the 80's Challenge is ON!! Oh yeah, feel that nostalgia! The challenge is simple: make a vid using a song from the 80's. It could be from pop hits, movies from the 80's - whatever. It's just got to be 80's 'old school'.

As usual, you may use footage from Stargate SG-1 or Atlantis.

You can post your entries in the 80's Music Challenge thread at any time.

Deadline for this challenge is December 21, 2008 at midnight GMT.

Feel free to spread the word that the challenge is on! :)

Just a reminder for any newbies to our lovely challenges:

CHALLENGE RULES/GUIDELINES

1. Only one entry per participant per challenge. (unless the individual challenge indicates otherwise)

2. No editing/tweaking of the entry once it has been submitted to the challenge thread.

3. Original entries only for each challenge - previously made/re-edited vids cannot be entered and will not be allowed.

4. You must use an approved hosting link for your vid to be eligible.
http://community.livejournal.com/the_kawoosher/25189.html

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/after_thought_/MyBannercompletesmaller-1.jpg
starrylizard
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 24-11-2008 at 10:12 AM

OMG! *hides* I've already vidded "Can't Touch This," "Thriller" and "Ghostbusters" (and that's just the SGA vids) and you tempt me again! Nooooooo!

Life's too important to take seriously ~ Oscar Wilde
Rae Female
Lieutenant

Mood: Introspective

[*] posted on 26-11-2008 at 08:02 AM

I know I've said this many times before, but I think I'm going to do this one. =)

"Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people." ~Spencer Johnson
UhSir Female
Captain

Mood: Pretty good, thank you!

[*] posted on 26-11-2008 at 06:24 PM

I've got a few ideas on this so I'll try my hardest to get one done for this.

If anyone is in need of tunes, I have the CDs "Pure 80's" and "More Pure 80's" and "Pure 80's Rocks" and a couple dozen mp3s. I will gladly share. Send me a U2U if interested.

++++++++++++++++++
Vidding since December 2005.

Hardware: ASUS G73SW-A1, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M (4095 MB, DirectX 11, Shader Model 5), Dual 500 GB internal hard drives.

Software: Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows Movie Maker 6, DVD Shrink, Windows Media Encoder 9, Freemake Video Converter, Audacity.
afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

[*] posted on 26-11-2008 at 07:15 PM

Mwahhaahhaaaa! *evil laugh*

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/after_thought_/MyBannercompletesmaller-1.jpg
Korat
Lieutenant

Mood: sleep deprived.

[*] posted on 26-11-2008 at 08:02 PM

okay so I really shouldn't try to do this challenge I don't have enough time, but for some stupid reason or another I will probably crank out a mediocre to almost-okay effort.

But the real reason I'm here posting is to second Uhsir's offer of songs for grabs. I mentioned 80 wanting to get my hands on some 80's music to my host father and mentioned that he had a few. He then proceeded to show a whole closet full of 80's CDs to which I now have unlimited access. I haven't had time to look at every CD, but from a quick glance I seem to have everyone who was a major player in the 80's plus a couple dozen French bands. I haven't done a count but I believe there is upwards of couple hundred CD's in that closet, and most of them are from the late 70's/80's period. So yeah if anyone needs a song I could go looking.

UhSir Female
Captain

[*] posted on 30-11-2008 at 04:41 AM

If anyone is still waffling about doing this challenge here is a list of songs that might help you to decide.

80s music is perfect for Stargate!!! Like, Omigod! Totally!!! :D:D:D:cool:

++++++++++++++++++

Hardware: ASUS G73SW-A1, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M (4095 MB, DirectX 11, Shader Model 5), Dual 500 GB internal hard drives.

Software: Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows Movie Maker 6, DVD Shrink, Windows Media Encoder 9, Freemake Video Converter, Audacity.
dannysgirlsg1 Female
Sergeant

[*] posted on 7-12-2008 at 03:14 AM

*waves* hello...

I've lurked over here occassionally, but I never joined until now (I don't know why really...). It was actually here that I found the necessary information to start my vidding, so I really love this forum! XD

And after seeing there was an 80s Challenge going on, how could I NOT take part... I mean, come on...it's 80s music!

But as a newbie here, I wanted to find out the proper way to post my vids and all that fun stuff... I read a few other topics and think I have the general idea, but I want to be completely sure before I go ahead and do anything!
Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 7-12-2008 at 10:32 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum =)

If you're just posting a general vid then it goes in the vid announcements section here:

http://www.kawoosh.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5

... and if you're posting a vid for the challenge, it goes in this section here:

http://www.kawoosh.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20

All you do both times is click 'new topic' on the top right-hand side. The only other thing you need to remember is to use the vid announcement template, which you'll see at the top of the page once you've clicked 'new topic' - you just copy and paste this and then fill in your own details =)

http://www.kawoosh.co.uk/forum/post.php?action=newthread&fid=20

Let us know if you need any more help =)
dannysgirlsg1 Female
Sergeant

[*] posted on 10-12-2008 at 01:51 AM

Yay! Thanks! XD

~Pip
Valika Female
Lieutenant

Mood: better and better

[*] posted on 13-12-2008 at 09:03 PM

Welcome here, dannysgirlsg1! I'm looking forward your entry for this challenge.;)
I wasn't sure if I would have enough time to finish a vid for this challenge, because Christmas is coming and I'm busy with holiday preparations besides my regular activities, as anyone else. Unfortunately I've lost my job some days ago, so I'll definitely have time to finish it. Hopefully I'll be able to find a new job in January the soonest. I do not think it could be possible this year.:(

"There is one thing that I do know is true. Mind is a powerful thing.
No matter who or what you believe in, sometimes belief itself makes
all the difference in the world you just don't give up.
Tell yourself whatever you have to, just believe you're gonna make it."

http://mywebgate.yolasite.com/resources/SGbanner.png
Nebulan Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 15-12-2008 at 03:28 AM

oooh nooo! That is NOT a good way to suddenly have a lot of free time! Good luck finding a job! I'd look for one for you here but I doubt you could afford to come all the way here (US) if you're unemployed :(

Whether I participate in this one depends on how much I get done of one of my other fandoms ones (one of the first non-stargate vid I've worked on in YEARS!) and... if I want to risk loosing my collections file to put that vid on hold to work on something for this one, lol!

afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

[*] posted on 15-12-2008 at 06:53 AM

LOL - Nebulan!! Love the avatar! :D

perkin127 Female
Lieutenant

Mood: contented

[*] posted on 15-12-2008 at 11:19 PM

oooo i might have to have me a go on this one :)

Quote:
JACKSON: That's when it hit me - Sir Gawain.

MITCHELL: Wasn't he one of the Knights who says "Ni?
afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

[*] posted on 16-12-2008 at 12:37 AM

Yay, perkin!! There's still time. Get clipping!

perkin127 Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 16-12-2008 at 04:10 AM

well ive got a song and ive started, i just hope i can get it done :)

Quote:

perkin127 Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 16-12-2008 at 09:57 PM

ok i did it woo! just hope you guys like it :)

Quote:

dannysgirlsg1 Female
Sergeant

[*] posted on 17-12-2008 at 04:32 AM

i got mine knocked out over a week ago, but just now got some free time to post it... *bites lip* I hope everyone enjoys it! (being my first video posted here and all!)

~Pip
Valika Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 19-12-2008 at 02:56 PM

@Nebulan: I'm sure I'll find a new job sooner or later, but actually it's not a good situation right now.
But my entry for this challenge is already posted.;)

afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

[*] posted on 21-12-2008 at 04:33 AM

Tick tock, Kawooshers! Time's almost up. One more day!!

UhSir Female
Captain

[*] posted on 22-12-2008 at 07:13 AM

:( *huge sigh*

Not much of a turnout on this. Could the horrible U.S. weather be a factor?

++++++++++++++++++

afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

[*] posted on 22-12-2008 at 09:50 AM

Whoops! Where does the time go - challenge closed. Voting post will be up soon. :)

Valika Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 26-12-2008 at 04:28 PM

Not a great number of entries for this challenge. *sigh* Maybe everyone is busy in the holiday season.
Happy holidays, Kawooshers!:)

Go To Top