Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/header.php on line 202
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum - Single Secondary Character challenge - Powered by XMB
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Single Secondary Character challenge
Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 15-9-2008 at 10:09 AM
Single Secondary Character challenge

Thanks to all of you who took the time to vote in the Choose your Challenge poll - we have a clear winner and our next challenge is on!

Single Secondary Character challenge

Your mission is to create a video focused on a single secondary character from either of the SG series.

I've emailed Valika - who initially proposed this challenge - to determine the specifics, and the following characters ARE NOT included in this challenge:

SG1

Jack
Daniel
Sam
Teal'c
Jonas
Mitchell
Vala
Dr. Frasier

SGA

Sheppard
Ronon
Teyla
McKay
Weir
Ford
Dr. Beckett
Dr. Keller

All other characters are fair game =)

You have until Sunday 19th October @ midnight (GMT) - extended deadline to submit your video - so go vid and don't forget to spread the word =)

Please remeber to check the challenge rules/guidelines before entering the challenge - thank you.
Korat
Lieutenant

Mood: sleep deprived.

[*] posted on 15-9-2008 at 08:08 PM

Hmmm..... I've got one episode, ~20 songs, and WMM... To try to create something or not that is the question...
jemo Female
Lieutenant

Mood: squee!

[*] posted on 15-9-2008 at 08:21 PM

This challenge looks like fun. Alas, I have no vid bunnies for once! But I DO have about 20 school projects... *le sigh* You guys have fun with this and I promise to watch all the entries! ^_^

jemo in vidding; the-Bookworm-Princess in fanfiction; puckmarin on Youtube; and bookwormprinces on LiveJournal
cynicalshoes Female
Sergeant

[*] posted on 16-9-2008 at 07:06 AM

The character I have in mind doesn't have very much footage in the show, are we allowed to use clips of the actor or actress from other shows (assuming they can be blended together fairly seamlessly)?
svala
Lieutenant

Mood: Addicted to ULEAD VS10

[*] posted on 16-9-2008 at 12:28 PM

So, basicaly the video needs to be a character video for non of the usual suspects?

but can include other characters as well?

as in any other character vid that is around?

if so, I might have one :D

actually, I have a video which is focused on a secondary character in my draft folder for almost 2 years now.

Never got around to finish it, but always thought about getting it done, finaly.

And since almost half of it is done already, I might be able to make it in time *g*

But then, I think I just take the opportunity and get it done anyway, ha.
Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 16-9-2008 at 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cynicalshoes
The character I have in mind doesn't have very much footage in the show, are we allowed to use clips of the actor or actress from other shows (assuming they can be blended together fairly seamlessly)?

I've U2U'd Valika to ask her as she set the challenge =)
Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 16-9-2008 at 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by svala
So, basicaly the video needs to be a character video for non of the usual suspects?

but can include other characters as well?

as in any other character vid that is around?

if so, I might have one :D

actually, I have a video which is focused on a secondary character in my draft folder for almost 2 years now.

Never got around to finish it, but always thought about getting it done, finaly.

And since almost half of it is done already, I might be able to make it in time *g*

But then, I think I just take the opportunity and get it done anyway, ha.

Not sure what you mean when you say '...as in any other character vid that's around...', but if you do have one you've been working on, as long as it's not been previously released anywhere else (as per the challenge guidelines) then it's okay to be entered =)
svala
Lieutenant

Mood: Addicted to ULEAD VS10

[*] posted on 16-9-2008 at 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Muppet

Not sure what you mean when you say '...as in any other character vid that's around...', but if you do have one you've been working on, as long as it's not been previously released anywhere else (as per the challenge guidelines) then it's okay to be entered =)

oh dear, me and my most of the time crappy english.

Sorry.

I mean, when I do a character vid for Cam, it, of course (or at least for me) has other characters as well in it. Like Sam, Daniel or Teal`c.

But still it is a Cam focused vid.

Because, I might have a character vid focused on a secondary character, but there are Daniel, Jack aso in it, cause they are interacting with each other.

This is what I meant. If I`m still makig no sense at all, sorry, again.

And no, it wasn`t posted before, because I never got around to finish it.
Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 16-9-2008 at 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by svala
oh dear, me and my most of the time crappy english.

Sorry.

I mean, when I do a character vid for Cam, it, of course (or at least for me) has other characters as well in it. Like Sam, Daniel or Teal`c.

But still it is a Cam focused vid.

Because, I might have a character vid focused on a secondary character, but there are Daniel, Jack aso in it, cause they are interacting with each other.

This is what I meant. If I`m still makig no sense at all, sorry, again.

And no, it wasn`t posted before, because I never got around to finish it.

Don't apologise - I did kind of think that's what you meant but wanted to check =) Yeah, of course that's okay, so long as it's clear it is focused on one character and most of the clips/vid are about that character - you can't help but have other people in the vid, so that makes perfect sense =)
Valika Female
Lieutenant

Mood: better and better

[*] posted on 16-9-2008 at 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cynicalshoes

I think yes, it is allowed to use clips from other shows in that case, but not too many of them, please. The vid should contain Stargate clips basically.

"There is one thing that I do know is true. Mind is a powerful thing.
No matter who or what you believe in, sometimes belief itself makes
all the difference in the world you just don't give up.
Tell yourself whatever you have to, just believe you're gonna make it."

http://mywebgate.yolasite.com/resources/SGbanner.png
Stef Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 16-9-2008 at 09:57 PM

Yay, I'm glad this one got picked! I already have a song and topic in mind. Hopefully it'll work out and I'll be able to enter this challenge :) Can't wait to see what everyone else does...

-Stef

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/Ties-That-Bind/Banners/Daniel-Vala/Tags/Logo-Fall.jpg
perkin127 Female
Lieutenant

Mood: contented

[*] posted on 17-9-2008 at 12:29 AM

yay and ive got my comp sorted so i might be able to actually do this one!

Quote:
JACKSON: That's when it hit me - Sir Gawain.

MITCHELL: Wasn't he one of the Knights who says "Ni?
cynicalshoes Female
Sergeant

[*] posted on 17-9-2008 at 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Valika
I think yes, it is allowed to use clips from other shows in that case, but not too many of them, please. The vid should contain Stargate clips basically.

Thanks for the clarification (and the leeway :)). Now I'll have more than just sitting and talking shots to work with... looking forward to this one!
MythQueen Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 23-9-2008 at 04:35 AM

Are we allowed to do pairings (ie. Secondary character/main character) if the pairing is secondary to the vid and/or is 'motivation' for the secondary character? (I hope that makes sense...)
Valika Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 23-9-2008 at 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MythQueen
Are we allowed to do pairings (ie. Secondary character/main character) if the pairing is secondary to the vid and/or is 'motivation' for the secondary character? (I hope that makes sense...)

I prefer the original idea:
Your mission is to create a video focused on a single secondary character from either of the SG series.

There will be other characters in the vid naturally, but the stress should be on your chosen single one. This is what that challenge is about. As your vid is mainly about the secondary character, you're allowed to use any other ones with him/her.
I hope this helps.:)

Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 23-9-2008 at 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Valika
I prefer the original idea:

There will be other characters in the vid naturally, but the stress should be on your chosen single one. This is what that challenge is about. As your vid is mainly about the secondary character, you're allowed to use any other ones with him/her.
I hope this helps.:)

I agree - otherwise the focus could be lost from the secondary character, especailly if the pairing is with a main character - and then it just becomes a pairing vid instead of a character-focused vid.
MythQueen Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 23-9-2008 at 11:26 PM

Ok, thanks!
Budong Chow Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 24-9-2008 at 01:03 AM

Right so I finally have a song and a subject... I just hope I don't run out of scenes before I run out of song :| I really wish my muse wouldn't be so stingy with the alloted time she's given me to work with these past few days. I have quite a few projects I need to finish.

ChristianGateFan Female
Sergeant

Mood: Trying to write a story--always a story...

[*] posted on 5-10-2008 at 03:34 AM

Hi. I'm making a video for this challenge, but I've never entered a challenge for Kawoosh, and I'm still kinda confused about how to enter/submit the vid when its done. Do I do that here, or on the sub-board for this challenge in the vid announcement board? Is there a specific format for submitting when I do, or a specific type of upload place/site it has to come from or whatever? I've read everything on challenge guidelines I could find but I still don't get it...Sorry! And thanks. :)
Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 5-10-2008 at 09:12 AM

No problem at all - I'm sure it's confusing if you've not done it before =)

To submit your video, you have to post it on this sub-forum here:

http://www.kawoosh.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20

This is part of the Vid Announcements section, but seperated for challenge entries. You just click 'New Topic' in the right-hand corner, and post your vid - if you have any problems using the template just let me know and I'll help you out there.

As for hosting - all vidoes listed on Kawoosh! need to be listed either on a persons private webspace (i.e. their own website) or on one of the approved hosting sites listed here:

http://community.livejournal.com/the_kawoosher/25189.html

As this is your first time I'd recommend you just choose one from the second list which says 'Hosting Files' - a lot of people use 4Shared or FileFront from this list so I guess they're amongst the easiest to use =)

If you have any more questions, I'm more than happy to talk you through it in more detail, so please feel free to email me: muppet@kawoosh.co.uk

Good luck getting your challenge finished =)
jemo Female
Lieutenant

Mood: squee!

[*] posted on 6-10-2008 at 06:03 AM

Yay! We have a new vidder! *fireworks* Welcome to the forum, ChristianGateFan1!

jemo in vidding; the-Bookworm-Princess in fanfiction; puckmarin on Youtube; and bookwormprinces on LiveJournal
Valika Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 7-10-2008 at 07:51 AM

Welcome here, ChristianGateFan1! I'm excitedly looking forward to your entry for this challenge. Good luck!:)

ChristianGateFan Female
Sergeant

Mood: Trying to write a story--always a story...

[*] posted on 9-10-2008 at 02:08 AM

Thanks! Actually, I'm just ChristianGateFan. Some of you may know me on Gateworld or from my (sadly much unnoticed) website, lol. I'm on fanfiction.net, too, with ChristianGateFan in my name. I just ran into a few glitches when registering and ended up with a one on the end, lol.

Anyway, thanks! I'm glad to be here! I look forward to seeing ya'll's videos too!
afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

Mood: Coffee... need coffee!!

[*] posted on 11-10-2008 at 10:12 PM

Hey Everyone - how's it going with the challenge vids?? :)

I'm aware that the deadline for this challenge is on Monday Oct 14 - for some of us, that is Thanksgiving. If anyone requires the deadline pushed back to Tuesday instead, just let me know.

Happy vidding!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/after_thought_/MyBannercompletesmaller-1.jpg
Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 11-10-2008 at 10:48 PM

Welcome back afterThought =)

Valika and I have discussed pushing back the deadline a little and I've already asked at the other comms where I've been pimping/cross-posting too - I've heard back from a couple of people who are working on a vid and hoping to get finished and I've said if they need an extension then we might put it back a few days or a week or whatever, not sure yet. Anyway, that's where we're at right now. Valika and I talked about it a few days ago and we're going to make a decision once the weekend was over - see how many more still need time, but like I say, looks like it's only a couple. I'll double-check tomorrow.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top