Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/header.php on line 202
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum - The Ultimate Crossover Challenge - Powered by XMB
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  2  3
Author: Subject: The Ultimate Crossover Challenge
afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

Mood: Coffee... need coffee!!

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 08:57 PM
The Ultimate Crossover Challenge

Brought to you by Rae… resurfaced by Stargate_sg1_luver

The rules are simple but can you make it flow? We’re talking about crossovers – between Stargate (either SG-1 or Atlantis) with another show. I know what you’re thinking… “Can I cross SG-1 with Atlantis?” Ha – no! That’d be way too easy! :D We’re looking for Stargate with a non-Stargate. All you multi-fandom vidders – this one's for you!!

Now don’t be fooled – something like this takes SKILL! Do you have what it takes? We think you do, but we want to see it! You’ve got a precious whole month to work your magic. When you're done, announce your vid at any time in the Ultimate Crossover Challenge Thread.

Deadline is June 29, 2008 at midnight GMT. Go on - get vidding!! Feel free to spread the word that the next K! challenge is ON!! :)

**DEADLINE EXTENSION!! Ladies and gents - Deadline for this challenge is extended by ONE WEEK to JULY 6th**.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/after_thought_/MyBannercompletesmaller-1.jpg
jemo Female
Lieutenant

Mood: squee!

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 09:35 PM

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! *runs around the room hoopin' and hollerin'* *pauses to kiss afterThought's head* *resumes hoopin' and hollerin'*

edit: Just to clarify, we can do both SG-1 AND Atlantis just so long as we're also crossing over with another show, right?

jemo in vidding; the-Bookworm-Princess in fanfiction; puckmarin on Youtube; and bookwormprinces on LiveJournal
perkin127 Female
Lieutenant

Mood: contented

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 09:37 PM

whoo yay another challenge! sounds like its gonna be really interesting, cant wait to see what other shows people use

Quote:
JACKSON: That's when it hit me - Sir Gawain.

MITCHELL: Wasn't he one of the Knights who says "Ni?”
afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jemo
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! *runs around the room hoopin' and hollerin'* *pauses to kiss afterThought's head* *resumes hoopin' and hollerin'*

edit: Just to clarify, we can do both SG-1 AND Atlantis just so long as we're also crossing over with another show, right?

LOL - love the enthusiasm! Yep, that's right. Have fun!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/after_thought_/MyBannercompletesmaller-1.jpg
Nebulan Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 10:05 PM

noooo!! I really wanna do this one!! eek, I really need to get that new computer! :P

ok, so... clarification, does it have to be a seamless crossover, or can I crossover on anything? I wanna crossover with an animated something, so it wouldn't be very seamless :(

-§- My Fanart -§- My Vids
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/nebulan/new%20sg%20sigs/kawooshsig.jpg
reese
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 11:00 PM

Mmmmm. I'll have to think about this one. I don't know which show to use or which song. There's too many possibilities!
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

[*] posted on 1-6-2008 at 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nebulan
noooo!! I really wanna do this one!! eek, I really need to get that new computer! :P

ok, so... clarification, does it have to be a seamless crossover, or can I crossover on anything? I wanna crossover with an animated something, so it wouldn't be very seamless :(

You work your magic anyway you see fit. Some people will go for seamless, others may not. :)

Samus McAslan Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 2-6-2008 at 01:50 AM

Oooh, fun! I've never done a crossover vid before, but I've kinda always wanted to try. I'm a big, big fan of crossovers in general. Ah! I hope I can think of something good (and find the time to do it).

ETA: Yep, thought of one. It's kinda twisted, but if I can pull it off, it'll be cool. Hmm...now if only I can pull it off.
Valika Female
Lieutenant

Mood: better and better

[*] posted on 2-6-2008 at 08:20 AM

Oh, this will be interesting to see how many different shows can be crossed over with SG-1 and SGA. This should be a great fun.:) At this moment I don't know if I participate or not. I never made a single vid in other fandom, than SG. *thinking about seriously about possible shows*

"There is one thing that I do know is true. Mind is a powerful thing.
No matter who or what you believe in, sometimes belief itself makes
all the difference in the world you just don't give up.
Tell yourself whatever you have to, just believe you're gonna make it."

http://mywebgate.yolasite.com/resources/SGbanner.png
Lilibeth
Sergeant

[*] posted on 2-6-2008 at 01:39 PM

I think I'll make a crossover vid. I already have like five ideas in my mind, I just need time. :duh: And yeah... time and me... we're just not on good terms.:(
MythQueen Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 2-6-2008 at 02:48 PM

Yes! I've had an idea for a crossover for a while. Now all I have to do is find the right song. *Runs off to listen to music all the while cackling like a maniac*
kjcharmed
Airman

[*] posted on 2-6-2008 at 03:57 PM

What perfect timing, cos I've just finished one. Doctor who and Elizabeth Weir vid:
http://kjcharmed.livejournal.com/#kjcharmed31089
Helen
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 2-6-2008 at 07:34 PM

this one will be a challlenge!
Have no idea yet (well, I am in the middle of a forest, getting eaten by mosquitos adn whatnots, already sunburned shoulders and other creepy bugs that crawls around you and barely with an internet that works - not relly the best condition to start brainstorming ideas >.<. The results wil be really intersting to see :)
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
Budong Chow Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 3-6-2008 at 12:24 AM

This should be fun!!!! Question: Is there a limit to the amount of different shows you crossover into? The video I have in mind needs scenes from a bunch of different sources.. :) I look forward to everyone's work

Edit: Can we use movies to cross with?

afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

[*] posted on 3-6-2008 at 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Budong Chow
This should be fun!!!! Question: Is there a limit to the amount of different shows you crossover into? The video I have in mind needs scenes from a bunch of different sources.. :) I look forward to everyone's work

Edit: Can we use movies to cross with?

It all sounds good to me - go nuts! :) I don't see why movies shouldn't be fair game too (unless someone disagrees).

Nebulan Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 3-6-2008 at 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilibeth
I think I'll make a crossover vid. I already have like five ideas in my mind, I just need time. :duh: And yeah... time and me... we're just not on good terms.:(

Yeah, I'm already worried about time, lol! *bites nails, goes to newegg, registers, gets shopping cart, gets held up by whatever "openbox" is... puts off ordering the computer*

Samus McAslan Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 3-6-2008 at 10:55 AM

I just had to order a DVD season from amazon to make sure I have enough footage of the *other* show I'm using. Which makes this officially the most expensive challenge yet for me. ;)
Budong Chow Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 4-6-2008 at 12:52 AM

Thats dedication to your art Samus!!! I look forward to seeing it :)

afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

[*] posted on 4-6-2008 at 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Samus McAslan
I just had to order a DVD season from amazon to make sure I have enough footage of the *other* show I'm using. Which makes this officially the most expensive challenge yet for me. ;)

LOL, love that!

Stef Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 4-6-2008 at 05:02 AM

*loosens collar* Well...um...yeah...*cough* LOL. I have no idea where I would even begin to start with this challenge. I suppose I could always look and see what shows I have sitting on my HD already...or I might just sit this one out and watch other people sweat...er...have fun ;) Although I'm curious as to which other shows people will choose!

-Stef
starrylizard
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 5-6-2008 at 12:11 PM

Can I use more than one "other" show? I have an idea crossing SGA possibly with 2 other shows. Possibly throwing some SG1 in too. Any word on that? It's just a vague idea atm.

EDIT: Okay, I got a new idea so I'm only crossing one fandom, if I get around to it. But I'll leave the question up, cos it's still may be valid for others.

Life's too important to take seriously ~ Oscar Wilde
Nebulan Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 5-6-2008 at 01:06 PM

whooo!!! Newegg has approved my order! *bites nails* I guess I'll keep looking for a song while I wait for the new computer parts to arrive! actually, this laptop might be able to handle some music splicing... cuz I'm thinking mine will be a trailer for the ridiculously long crossover vid which I ALSO hope to finish in time :(

afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

[*] posted on 6-6-2008 at 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by starrylizard
Can I use more than one "other" show? I have an idea crossing SGA possibly with 2 other shows. Possibly throwing some SG1 in too. Any word on that? It's just a vague idea atm.

EDIT: Okay, I got a new idea so I'm only crossing one fandom, if I get around to it. But I'll leave the question up, cos it's still may be valid for others.

Yep, already answered - use as many other shows as you'd like. :)

starrylizard
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 6-6-2008 at 11:33 AM

Thanks aT, I was sure I read all the comments. I must be getting old and senile! :duh:

Life's too important to take seriously ~ Oscar Wilde
afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

[*] posted on 9-6-2008 at 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by starrylizard
Thanks aT, I was sure I read all the comments. I must be getting old and senile! :duh:

Ha, ha! :)

Pages:  1  2  3

Go To Top