Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/header.php on line 202
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum - 38 minutes in 38 seconds (SGA/episodic) - Powered by XMB
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: 38 minutes in 38 seconds (SGA/episodic)
starrylizard
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 8-4-2008 at 03:50 AM
38 minutes in 38 seconds (SGA/episodic)

Vid Title: 38 Minutes in 38 Seconds
Song Title: Assassin
Song Artist: Muse
Pairing/Character: Team/general
Category: Action, episode
Series: (SG-1/SGA) SGA
Summary: A 38 Minutes (1x04) episodic vid. All 38 Minutes of action in just 38 seconds. Here we GO!
Length: 0:38
Size: 10.5mb
Format: wmv
Link:
Live journal entry
4Shared
Arwen's server (right-click and dl)
Youtube (Pretty dodgy quality. Bad Youtube. Grr!)

Life's too important to take seriously ~ Oscar Wilde
plincessreia
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 8-4-2008 at 05:21 AM

Wow, that was amazing!! How did you edit it together to *fast*?! Must have been a RIGHT pain in the neck. Well done!

The music is so catchy and goes really well with the whole feel of the ep, the urgency of it. I love the way it gets quiet and you have Rodney say "We've got less than 30 minutes!"

Really really well done! :grins:
starrylizard
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 8-4-2008 at 05:26 AM

Yay! Thank you! I was afraid the music was too monotonous, so I'm glad it sounds all urgent. It was a pain in the behind to edit at that speed, but a happy one. I like a challenge. Glad you enjoyed it! :grins:

Valika Female
Lieutenant

Mood: better and better

[*] posted on 12-4-2008 at 04:24 PM

This was interesting as you really tried to put each and every important moment of this episode into a 38 sec vid. The result is incredible fast scenes nicely fit to the tight rhytm of the music. Nicely edited video, I liked it!:)

"There is one thing that I do know is true. Mind is a powerful thing.
No matter who or what you believe in, sometimes belief itself makes
all the difference in the world you just don't give up.
Tell yourself whatever you have to, just believe you're gonna make it."

http://mywebgate.yolasite.com/resources/SGbanner.png
starrylizard
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 12-4-2008 at 10:21 PM

Thanks so much, Valika! Glad it worked for you! :grins:

spacecadet Female
Lieutenant

Mood: Vacation makes me happy!

[*] posted on 16-4-2008 at 01:35 AM

Great Music Choice!
As per your usual this is very well done!
Love the constellations, titles, and Rodney's "we have 38 minutes people" was precious.
You are some vidder!
Thanks for sharing!

http://pics.livejournal.com/spacecadetrealm/pic/0000hhhg/s320x240
starrylizard
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 16-4-2008 at 01:38 AM

Thanks so much, Spacecadet! :$:$

afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

Mood: Coffee... need coffee!!

[*] posted on 19-4-2008 at 04:07 PM

Lol, I got dizzy watching the first :18 secs - I can only imagine what you went through editing that thing! :grins: Loved the break with Rodney announcing they have less than :38 mins left - bringing the point of the episode and of the challenge into the vid - nice touch! The whole thing felt very urgent which was fun! Nice job!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/after_thought_/MyBannercompletesmaller-1.jpg
starrylizard
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 20-4-2008 at 12:11 AM

Lol! Yeah, if you watch it too many times in a row, you get motion sick. :duh:
But I had great fun making it! Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for your comments After thought! :grins:

Helen
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 21-4-2008 at 08:16 PM

Whow, high packed pace and action. me like!
Must been a real pain matching clips with the music beat.

hehe, don't need to see whole of the episdoe now.. watching this video and you get the gist of it :P
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
starrylizard
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 22-4-2008 at 06:23 AM

I love beat-matching for small stretches. Wouldn't want to do it for an entire vid though. :P
I'm so glad you enjoyed it and that it covers the whole episode well for you!! Thanks! :grins:

Chayiana Female
Lieutenant

Mood: busy ;o)

[*] posted on 27-4-2008 at 03:36 PM

Wow, that really was a fast review of the ep! :o
It was just amazing! Excellent timing, great choice of clips and I loved the parts with the voice and sound overlays!
Well done!!!:grins:
starrylizard
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 27-4-2008 at 04:53 PM

Thanks so much Chayiana! :grins:

MythQueen Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 5-5-2008 at 06:15 PM

I loved the frantic pace of this vid. The quick switchs back and forward switchs from scene to scene gave a real sense of urgency. Great vid!
starrylizard
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 6-5-2008 at 12:37 AM

Thank you very much! I'm glad the frantic pacing worked. I've never done something quite so fast before! :D

jemo Female
Lieutenant

Mood: squee!

[*] posted on 11-5-2008 at 07:43 PM

Am I gonna get tomatoes thrown at me if I say that this vid gave me a headache? Your editing was amazing, it really was. I guess it was just too frantic for me. I'm gonna repeat what others have said and say that Rodney's audio really added to the theme of the vid(and the challenge). :D May I ask what the little white symbols were that popped up during the vid?

jemo in vidding; the-Bookworm-Princess in fanfiction; puckmarin on Youtube; and bookwormprinces on LiveJournal
starrylizard
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 12-5-2008 at 01:51 AM

I would never throw tomatoes at con crit. Actually it made me nauseous making it, but I did watch it a few billion times in a row. So I'd be surprised if someone didn't like it! ;) Glad the audio added a bit for you. The white symbols are Pegasus galaxy gate symbols/chevrons. I just thought they were fun! :)

Go To Top