Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/header.php on line 202
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum - Wormhole Challenge - Powered by XMB
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  2  3
Author: Subject: Wormhole Challenge
afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

Mood: Coffee... need coffee!!

starhit.gif posted on 31-3-2008 at 12:54 AM
Wormhole Challenge

Brought to you by Korat, tweaked by ZiMarquise

The challenge is simple but is it really that easy? In the true spirit of Stargate, we bring you the Wormhole Challenge! It is your mission to create a vid that is EXACTLY :38 seconds long! Now we're not talking :37 or :39 seconds - nope! :38 seconds and your wormhole MUST disengage! And that includes credits!

As usual, you may use footage from Stargate SG-1 or Atlantis. Your theme is completely up to you!

You can post your entries in the Wormhole Challenge thread at any time.

Deadline for this challenge is April 27, 2008 at midnight GMT.

EDIT: TWO-DAY EXTENSION! (",)

Feel free to spread the word that the challenge is on!!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/after_thought_/MyBannercompletesmaller-1.jpg
Budong Chow Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 31-3-2008 at 02:06 AM

*claps excitedly* This should be fun!!! I look forward to everyones videos :)

0Min Female
Airman

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 31-3-2008 at 09:09 AM

Yay! I'll definitely participate in this challenge, it really sounds like fun! :grins:
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
Shenon Female
Lieutenant

Mood: busy as always

[*] posted on 31-3-2008 at 09:44 AM

Sorry for the question, but exactly what means that "your wormhole MUST disengage!"? I this part isn't very clear for me...
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
Budong Chow Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 31-3-2008 at 10:54 AM

@Shenon - You have to end your video at 38 seconds. It can't be any longer or shorter than that.

Shenon Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 31-3-2008 at 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Budong Chow
@Shenon - You have to end your video at 38 seconds. It can't be any longer or shorter than that.

Thanks very much. I thought that it must be 38 sec AND that it should be included when the wormhole disengage. :$ :D
*feels herself stupid*
Valika Female
Lieutenant

Mood: better and better

[*] posted on 31-3-2008 at 03:14 PM

I'll participate in this challenge with pleasure, this will be a great fun and a real challenge!
Let's do it! *thinking hard*

"There is one thing that I do know is true. Mind is a powerful thing.
No matter who or what you believe in, sometimes belief itself makes
all the difference in the world you just don't give up.
Tell yourself whatever you have to, just believe you're gonna make it."

http://mywebgate.yolasite.com/resources/SGbanner.png
Shenon Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 31-3-2008 at 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Valika
I'll participate in this challenge with pleasure, this will be a great fun and a real challenge!
Let's do it! *thinking hard*

I already have an idea, but I don'k now wether I could make it...:/
toranoko Female
Sergeant

[*] posted on 31-3-2008 at 08:52 PM

I have a vague idea of what I want to do... but I have yet to come up with the song... :|

But, yay! Looking forward to this.
Gater Female
Supreme Commander of the Kawooshers

Mood: busy, as usual

[*] posted on 31-3-2008 at 10:38 PM

Right. That's it. I'm not doing any work 'til I chug out a vid for this! =D 38 seconds, how hard could it be?

*silence*

Okay, no one break anything while I be negligent and vid for a while...

Happy vidding!

(",) Gater

Kawoosh! Stargate Music Videos
http://kawoosh.co.uk

Gater on LJ
http://puddlejumping.co.uk

I don't read. I vid.

Have you read the forum guidelines?

Oath's suck. *rofl*
ZiMarquise Female
Lieutenant

Mood: another wonderful day in the land of OZ

[*] posted on 31-3-2008 at 10:41 PM

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm DEFINATELY IN!!

Korat
Lieutenant

Mood: sleep deprived.

[*] posted on 31-3-2008 at 11:25 PM

*looks at dates*

*winces*

It's doubtful if I can make this challenge... and I was really looking forward to it.

Hopefully, hopefully I'll be able to work something out.

afterThought, I've sent you a U2U...
afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

[*] posted on 1-4-2008 at 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Korat
*looks at dates*

*winces*

It's doubtful if I can make this challenge... and I was really looking forward to it.

Hopefully, hopefully I'll be able to work something out.

afterThought, I've sent you a U2U...

It's all good, Korat - just remind me. :)

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/after_thought_/MyBannercompletesmaller-1.jpg
starrylizard
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 1-4-2008 at 10:56 AM

That is an awesome idea!! Yay! I'll have to have a think once I am home and have my computer to play with. Hmmm *thinky face* :)

Life's too important to take seriously ~ Oscar Wilde
ppatoc Male
Lieutenant

Mood: That's an huge question...

[*] posted on 1-4-2008 at 10:57 AM

I'm almost done he he !!!

It will be my first challenge on Kawoosh :grins:
Helen
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 1-4-2008 at 02:42 PM

woot, this should be fun.. and I should have time for it aswell!

two ideas so far.. and two pieces of music.. also hinking of a third one... hm.. how to choose..
afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

[*] posted on 1-4-2008 at 08:12 PM

Hee - glad to hear the ideas are flowing!

Budong Chow Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 1-4-2008 at 08:48 PM

Would it be ok to make the video using the clips from the Ark of Truth? I'm still trying to find a story, I've got the song, which is a first for me, normally I have the idea then looking for a songs the hard part.

Stef Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 1-4-2008 at 09:48 PM

:| I don't know how you guys are finding songs you can use for under 40 seconds...I can't seem to get anything to work, instrumental or otherwise. *sigh* Looks like I'll be sitting this one out as well. Still, I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with :)

-Stef
Budong Chow Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 1-4-2008 at 09:51 PM

@ Stef - When I find something I could use I cut it down to make it work... I think I finally picked a song so if you want I can send you the other one that I had and decided not to use, it's instrumental very epic sounding, just let me know. Its a great song I just couldn't think of a video for it. :)

Stef Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 1-4-2008 at 10:21 PM

Quote:
@ Stef - When I find something I could use I cut it down to make it work... I think I finally picked a song so if you want I can send you the other one that I had and decided not to use, it's instrumental very epic sounding, just let me know. Its a great song I just couldn't think of a video for it. :)

Sure. I've been doing that with a lot of instrumentals I've found, but I just can't make them come together in a way that would make a vid...rather than a section of a vid, you know what I mean? But if you have any music you're not using, I'd love to have a listen!!

-Stef
Budong Chow Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 1-4-2008 at 10:45 PM

Ok, I sent you a U2U with the details.... I hope it works for you!! :)

perkin127 Female
Lieutenant

Mood: contented

[*] posted on 1-4-2008 at 10:51 PM

I got mine from a really lone prog metal song, you could try dragonforce or manowar etc
afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

[*] posted on 2-4-2008 at 12:03 AM

Quote:
Would it be ok to make the video using the clips from the Ark of Truth? I'm still trying to find a story, I've got the song, which is a first for me, normally I have the idea then looking for a songs the hard part.

My only concern with using Ark of Truth clips is that I think a lot of people haven't seen it yet since it just came out. Spoilerphobes might pass on watching your vid because it'll contain spoilers. I don't see why you can't use it but if you do, make sure you clearly indicate spoiler warnings in your post. :)

Beach Chick Female
Sergeant

[*] posted on 2-4-2008 at 08:53 AM

I've finally found a song, and I'm almost done with my vid. :) *does happy dance* I had to cut it down too, but it works, so that's all that matters. :)

Awesome challenge. I really like the idea of doing a short video.
-Chicky
 Pages:  1  2  3

Go To Top