Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/header.php on line 202
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum - New Action Video - Powered by XMB
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: New Action Video
Gater Female
Supreme Commander of the Kawooshers

Mood: busy, as usual

[*] posted on 23-1-2005 at 11:46 PM
New Action Video

"Prestissimo - 1st Movement"
http://shortty.co.uk/stargatesg-1/videos/Prestissimo1stMovement.wmv

It's 1:36 minutes long and just under 6Mb.

I'm not completely happy with it, but I thought I should put it up anyway. I'm aware that the credits at the end are a bit blurry (Pinnacle being weird) and there's definitely a section where the timing's off and it really annoys me (Pinnacle being slow and not co-operating).

I plan to do an action video like this for each of the seasons and call them "Prestissimo - 2nd Movement", "... - 3rd Movement", etc. Each video contains at least one clip from every episode in that season, and the episodes used are in chronological order. I thought this was a good idea, but the outcome wasn't as great as I thought it would be... ah well, I'll stick to my plans and will some day have a whole piece of "Prestissimo" works.

Feedback greatly appreciated as I am probably going to re-edit this when I have the time.

Thanks!

Happy vidding!

(",) Gater

Kawoosh! Stargate Music Videos
http://kawoosh.co.uk

Gater on LJ
http://puddlejumping.co.uk

I don't read. I vid.

Have you read the forum guidelines?

Oath's suck. *rofl*
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 24-1-2005 at 07:56 AM

Action vids aren't really my thing (as you know!), but as I said a couple of days ago (somewhere, can't remember where) in order to give each other feedback we sometimes need to watch/listen to stuff that isn't what we'd normally chose - and already I'm off with the rambling!

So at first I'm a little distracted by all the action! But I guess that's cos I'm not used to watching them. You can generally see that it's chronological, which is good, and a clever thing to have pulled off - you know, being able to see that when it's so fast-moving.

I liked the consistency of the 'slide-across' transition (see, picking up the tech terms!) - I think if you'd used too many different transitions it would have been really distracting, with so much action, but you didn't, and that was nice.

I loved how well the clips fitted with the slowed down bit - sweet!

And towards the end, I thought the guns firing clips really matched the music well.

I shall look forward to the next few parts.
Gater Female

biggrin.gif posted on 24-1-2005 at 10:43 AM

:D

Thank you, Muppet!

*does a happy dance*

Quote:
Originally posted by Muppet
in order to give each other feedback we sometimes need to watch/listen to stuff that isn't what we'd normally chose

You're right... hmmm... where are those Sam/Jack shippy vids. ;)

Happy vidding!

(",) Gater

Gater on LJ

I don't read. I vid.

Oath's suck. *rofl*
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
Gater Female

[*] posted on 25-1-2005 at 11:19 AM

Just wanted to say that I have re-uploaded this video at a slightly better quality and the credits at the end aren't very blurred. The actual video editing hasn't been altered yet, though.

http://shortty.co.uk/stargatesg-1/videos/Prestissimo1stMovement.wmv

(It's now 8.05Mb).

Happy vidding!

(",) Gater

Gater on LJ

I don't read. I vid.

Oath's suck. *rofl*
Dragonfly
Captain

Mood: Lalala

[*] posted on 25-1-2005 at 04:38 PM

OH! I really liked that! Too cool!! Can't wait for the next!!!
Gater Female

thumbup.gif posted on 25-1-2005 at 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragonfly
OH! I really liked that! Too cool!! Can't wait for the next!!!

Ah yay!!! Thank you! :D

Happy vidding!

(",) Gater

Gater on LJ

I don't read. I vid.

Oath's suck. *rofl*
Marky G
Lieutenant

Mood: For Scotland!

[*] posted on 26-1-2005 at 10:52 AM

Sorry to say that I did not like it at all. The music was terrible. Clips were fine although sometimes its good to mix up the order in which they appear and not have it going in accordance with the show.

Sorry Gater my first thumbs down. :(

cherry brandy
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 2-2-2005 at 05:55 PM

hrumph. The link is deaded. Are you editing it again Gater?
SNY
Lieutenant

Mood: Happy ^^

[*] posted on 3-2-2005 at 01:54 AM

Hey! I can't download the vid! Says "file not found"

:(

SNY

"Aprendamos a so?ar, quiz?s as? encontremos la verdad"

~~~ ^^ SNY's art ^^ EL Trastero ^^ ~~~

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/SNY/banner_snyart.gif
Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 3-2-2005 at 08:13 AM

Gater has a new address for her vids, which may be why some of you can't find/download it:

Gater's Vids!

Try the above link and you should have better luck - unless she is tinkering with it and has taken it down!
Gater Female

[*] posted on 3-2-2005 at 09:21 AM

Argh... I forgot, I moved it! :P Please try again, guys.

Thanks Muppet!!!

If you want a direct link, it's:

http://gater.shortty.co.uk/videos/Prestissimo1stMovement.wmv

Happy vidding!

(",) Gater

Gater on LJ

I don't read. I vid.

Oath's suck. *rofl*
Gater Female

[*] posted on 3-2-2005 at 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marky G
Sorry to say that I did not like it at all. The music was terrible. Clips were fine although sometimes its good to mix up the order in which they appear and not have it going in accordance with the show.

Sorry Gater my first thumbs down. :(

Aaw really! :( *sniffle* Was it mainly the music, or just the whole thing in general?

Happy vidding!

(",) Gater

Gater on LJ

I don't read. I vid.

Oath's suck. *rofl*
Marky G
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 3-2-2005 at 09:54 AM

music I'm afraid. :(

Gater Female

[*] posted on 3-2-2005 at 10:50 AM

Oh, okay... I'm sorry you didn't like it. But I'm very glad that you said something about it! I love feedback, good or bad!

And I do know what you mean about mixing up the clips but I intentionally used clips in chronological order... while I made it, I did think of mixing them up instead, but... well, maybe it wasn't such a good idea after all... ah, you learn!

:)

Happy vidding!

(",) Gater

Gater on LJ

I don't read. I vid.

Oath's suck. *rofl*
Marky G
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 4-2-2005 at 07:28 PM

Dont get me wrong it was a nice vid. Just not my cup of tea. :P

cherry brandy
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 4-2-2005 at 11:15 PM

i thought this was excellent. I think its really hard to do fast moving action pieces keeping them in time with the music and making them look cool. Quite like the idea of keeping it chronological tho' i think mixing it up would work well too. Liked the ending - really dramatic and works as a great trailer for season1. Only thing i didnt like was the transitions. Personally I would lose them completely or maybe try an outward moving transition rather than a sideways slide.
Gater Female

[*] posted on 4-2-2005 at 11:59 PM

Thanks for checking it out, cherry brandy!

I do want to keep the transitions in, as it acts like a division or separator for each episode, but yeah, I'll try an outward moving one...

...when my laptop gets fixed! :(

Loads more feedback is appreciated! And I'll definitely take note of all the stuff that's been said when I re-edit this video.

Happy vidding!

(",) Gater

Gater on LJ

I don't read. I vid.

Oath's suck. *rofl*
SNY
Lieutenant

Mood: Happy ^^

[*] posted on 6-2-2005 at 10:04 PM

A wonderful vid! I like the music, the scenes and the transitions. The scenes don't fit with the music sometimes, but I can see the hard work behind this vid!

Keep up the good work!

SNY ;)

"Aprendamos a so?ar, quiz?s as? encontremos la verdad"

~~~ ^^ SNY's art ^^ EL Trastero ^^ ~~~

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/SNY/banner_snyart.gif
Gater Female

[*] posted on 8-2-2005 at 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SNY
A wonderful vid! I like the music, the scenes and the transitions. The scenes don't fit with the music sometimes, but I can see the hard work behind this vid!

Keep up the good work!

SNY ;)

*does a very happy dance*

Wow, thank you! :D

*bows down to the vid-master that is SNY*

Hehehe.

Happy vidding!

(",) Gater

Gater on LJ

I don't read. I vid.

Oath's suck. *rofl*
Indiana
Sergeant

[*] posted on 8-2-2005 at 01:00 PM

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the music. A bit too fast paced for Stargate IMO. I always see SG is an adventure story and somehow this music doesn't git in maybe. It seemed to go a hundred miles an hour and I kept thinking when will it end? Although, only because it was going so fast I was thinking, edn soon? No? not because I wanted to it end just becausse I always expected it to end. It seemed to be going no where. Was good editing though, although I wasn't much of a fan of the wipes, but thats just personal opinion.

http://www.stargatesg-1.net/rand/talk.jpg http://img155.exs.cx/img155/9646/flyingtheflag2bd.jpg
"I think we're gonna need a bigger boat" - Major Sheppard

Gater Female

[*] posted on 8-2-2005 at 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Indiana
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the music. A bit too fast paced for Stargate IMO. I always see SG is an adventure story and somehow this music doesn't git in maybe. It seemed to go a hundred miles an hour and I kept thinking when will it end? Although, only because it was going so fast I was thinking, edn soon? No? not because I wanted to it end just becausse I always expected it to end. It seemed to be going no where. Was good editing though, although I wasn't much of a fan of the wipes, but thats just personal opinion.

I may to agree with your "too fast" opinion. I love action videos and I seem to have this theory that to do a good action video, you need a really fast song. I have found out with other videos I'm working that it's not really the case... so... yeah.

Aaw, sorry you didn't enjoy it - things can only get better, I hope! :D

Go To Top