Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/header.php on line 202
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum - Meridian-Full of Grace (SG1) - Powered by XMB
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Meridian-Full of Grace (SG1)
nosferata
Lieutenant

cool.gif posted on 29-2-2008 at 10:55 PM
Meridian-Full of Grace (SG1)

Hey there =)

I have been working on this for quite a long time, and I am more than happy to post my latest vid =)

Meridian – Full of Grace

I know there are quite a lot videos on the net which deal with the episode meridian. So why watch this one?

GOOOD Question and here you go ;)

I was particularly inspired by a song called “Full of grace” being popular for its appearance in the final episode of Buffy season 2. It is a very hearty song, dealing with loss and friendship. Since the moment I saw Meridian, I have always wanted to make a vid to Daniel and especially the way each of his friends copes with his death. This video is based on several POVs including Daniel seeing his friends suffer. As the lyrics are very important, I copied them into this post for you ;) The line which inspired me the most and still makes me a little depressed when I listen to the song is “Its just that we stayed, too long In the same old sickly skin” – it just reminds me of this great and unforgettable episode ;) I had to include some non-meridian scenes as they matched so perfectly with the lyrics ;) But this is really supposed to be an episode based vid =)

Ehm…and you need the divx player to view this vid ;) http://www.divx.com It is absolutely free and legal =)

Title: Meridian- Full of Grace
Song: Full of Grace
Artist: Sarah McLachlan
Category: Team/Daniel
Format: Divx
File size: 29.9 MB (normal version) 43 (bigger version)
Length: 3.57
Download link: normal version (right click)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/13/1506849/Meridian%20%28small%29%20.divx

Bigger version (right click)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/13/1506849/Meridian%20good%20quality.divx

Ok, I hope you enjoy =)

Lyrics:

The winter here’s cold, and bitter
It’s chilled us to the bone
We haven’t seen the sun for weeks
To long too far from home
I feel just like I’m sinking
And I claw for solid ground
I’m pulled down by the undertow
I never thought I could feel so low
Oh darkness I feel like letting go
If all of the strength and all of the courage
Come and lift me from this place
I know I could love you much better than this
Full of grace
Full of grace
My love
So it’s better this way, I said
Having seen this place before
Where everything we said and did
Hurts us all the more
Its just that we stayed, too long
In the same old sickly skin
I’m pulled down by the undertow
I never thought I could feel so low
Oh darkness I feel like letting go
If all of the strength
And all of the courage
Come and lift me from this place
I know I could love you much better than this
Full of grace
Full of grace
My love

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mark-geddes/startrip/nossig.jpg

Always remember...

Life is not the amount of breaths you take-It's the moments that take your breath away.
Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 29-2-2008 at 11:17 PM

Hey =)

I've listed it as an episode (Meridian) vid - and also just to say if/when you put it up on your site (which isn't loading for me btw - is it down?) let me know and I'll add that link too =)
nosferata
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 29-2-2008 at 11:32 PM

hey muppet =) Thanks a lot, I'd really appricate if you could add a direct link to the search engine ^^ ehm..the page shouldn't be down...lemme check it...nope, it'S perfectly working here. It is http://www.startrip.de.vu that I gave u as an address, was it? =) I may have changed the adress since I first opened the page:$

Always remember...

Life is not the amount of breaths you take-It's the moments that take your breath away.
Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 29-2-2008 at 11:36 PM

Hmmm, it does seem to be working again now =)

I'd really appricate if you could add a direct link to the search engine

I've put the link as the direct link you've listed above, but when you have a site link let me know and I'll add that too.
nosferata
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 29-2-2008 at 11:55 PM

ah, sorry ;) didn't get that *hehe* Just too late for me =) Of course I'll let u know asap ^^ *i'd better hit the pillow now ^^*

Always remember...

Budong Chow Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 2-3-2008 at 02:35 PM

I loved it.... *wipes tears from eyes* It was a perfect song choice, I've always loved that song. I thought it was a good touch to put all scenes from past episodes in black and white to show they were in the past. I also like how you added sound clips. Sometimes its overdone and ruins the flow of the video but I feel that your perfect placement and choice of clips enhanced the video and made it that much sadder to watch. If you were going for tears you got it. But in all seriousness. This was a fantastic video. I was beautifully done and I look forward to more. Maybe next time happy :)

nosferata
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 2-3-2008 at 03:30 PM

@Budong Chow: Thank you so much for taking the time to comment *blushes*.

I'm really happy (if that's the right word in this context ;) ) how this video turned out - I was simply in the mood for a tragic video *hehe* Good to know that the voice overs did not ruin the flow of the video. I was really careful not to overdo the effect as I feared the lyrics of that brilliant song might get lost on the way.

Glad you liked the black and white effect as well- it's one of my favourites as it clearly distinguishes present events from the past =) I'm trying new effects as well but they're simply not as effective as black & white^^

Thanks again for your nice word =) Yea, I was going for tears and I usually don't like to make people cry but this time I got the result I wanted ;) *hands over a handkerchief* I promise to go for a lighter topic next time ^^

Always remember...

EDR_Emz
Major

Mood: busy bee

[*] posted on 2-3-2008 at 04:08 PM

lovely song, goes so well with this episode.

loved the voice overs through out the video, nice touch and different to actually seeing them 'say' the words.
The few we saw the characters say the words i think we needed to see, like Janet near the end.

also liked the black and white clips, nice idea to make them like this and makes them, sort of, sepearte from the rest. Which in a way it is, as it's in the past.

liked the slowing down of some of the clips,
the ending was great with Jack, and the inserts of Danny in B&W with the team.

I just liked the video overall, not the easiest of episodes to vid to as there's been alot done, you want it to be original and all that comptetion, but u have done really well here, i loved it :)

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/3653/30114.png
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/edr/Banners/lovedbymanycopy.jpg
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
nosferata
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 2-3-2008 at 08:36 PM

@EDR_Emz: I know ther's a lot competition on the web, so thank you for choosing mine to comment on =) I really appreciate your opinion. Choosing the voice overs was, like I said, a very tough task- you shouldn't have too many of them, but having too few kills the feeling of the story you want to tell. But Janet's was probably the first one that I had decided upon- like u said: It's so different when you actually here them say the words!

Besides the black &white, slowing down some of the clips was essential to me- again, the actors did a great job in my opinion. My favourite part is Sam's expression seeing Daniel suffer after she'S failed to help him - it seems so real and yet, it's just for show. Seeing Amanda acting in such a way inspired me to slow down the scene for you =)

Thanks for your comments *blushes* so much praise for my tiny vid, :$

Always remember...

ppatoc Male
Lieutenant

Mood: That's an huge question...

[*] posted on 26-3-2008 at 08:23 PM

Emotionally affecting clip, it's not my fav style clip usually but i appreciated this one and the lyrics are in the right moment with picture.

Music it's correct but i'm not very fan.
nosferata
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 26-3-2008 at 10:42 PM

hehe, thanks for posting a review in return, but I would have commented on your video even without your return feedback ;)

I know, you seem more the action video type of guy, so thanks very much for watching ;)

Always remember...

susu
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 27-3-2008 at 12:53 PM

I thought this was going to be a drippy shippy when I first heard the music but its actually quite touching. makes me want to go and rewatch all my old seasons of SG-1. I love the voiceovers (skillfully done by the way) and the b/w flashbacks. I thoroughly enjoyed it, well done.
nosferata
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 27-3-2008 at 03:07 PM

thanks susu ;) Yea, I now the music may sound shippy, but I really tried to avoid this kinda feeling throughout the video =) I'm happy (if that's the right word to use) that it touched u in some way ;) SG1 rules, u should definitely have a look at the old episodes again* *hehe*
Thanks for taing the time to review ;) I appreciated it very much =)

Always remember...

Go To Top