Category: Humour/Team
Series: (SG-1/SGA) SGA
Length: 4:22 min
Size: 54,3 MB
Format: *wmv
Link: Download here

*contains spoilers up to 4x18 (The Kindred I)!!!*

Hi guys,

long time not seen ... ;) unfortunately RL is way too busy at the moment, but I managed to finish another vid. It's about Lorne who really wants to be a rockstar like all the other guys. I guess it turned out a wee bit ironical, even naughty, you might say, but hopefully it does fit with the song! :P

Have fun!!!:grins:
Budong Chow Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 22-2-2008 at 12:27 AM

*Claps excitedly* I loved it. I thought the use of Lorne as the story teller was brilliant. Poor Lorne, no one thinks about him, its nice to see him staring in a music video!!! I thought the scene choices were amazing and I loved the use of the Wraith as the deep speaking voice.

I have to admit when I first saw the song you decided on I was skeptical. I was very happy with the outcome of the video. You did an amazing job and I look forward to watching more of yours. Thank you for all your hard work with this one.

sg11985
Airman

[*] posted on 22-2-2008 at 12:30 AM

Hey Chayiana,
I've U2U'd you my thoughts on this one already.
Just wanted to re-iterate how great I think this vid is.
I've never seen such quality!!! Timing, clips, transitions, song, all perfect from where I was sitting!
:grins:
Jem

jemo Female
Lieutenant

Mood: squee!

[*] posted on 22-2-2008 at 01:50 AM

HOLY FREAKING CRAP! ^_^ Honestly though, I first saw this on my LJ friends page(you cross-posted to atlantis_vids), and I was like "haha...odd choice..." and was about to scroll down and skip it. Then I saw that it was yours, and I was like "okay, fine. I have to check it out now." And I am SO glad I did. I laughed my butt off for most of it. I promise I'll come back this weekend and leave detailed feedback. ^_^

jemo in vidding; the-Bookworm-Princess in fanfiction; puckmarin on Youtube; and bookwormprinces on LiveJournal
susu
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 22-2-2008 at 10:09 AM

darn girl, I've just started a new vid - called rockstar, using the same song. should'a been a bit quicker! Just downloading yours now.
susu
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 22-2-2008 at 10:53 AM

very very nice. I like the sepia tones and the wraith clips which seem to match the speech so well. Lovely job as usual.
svala
Lieutenant

Mood: Addicted to ULEAD VS10

[*] posted on 22-2-2008 at 05:59 PM

ohhh, this is an awesome video.
Looks as if you didn `t make any changes with this version, huh??

Because, I think it was more than perfect from start.

I love your short clips inbetween, matching the sound, I love the colour changes, I LOVE the scenes you picked for parts of the lyrics, like the one with the "name change" aso, these had me laughing out loud.

Great idea for this song, I wouldn `t have been able to do this one at all. I thought about using, but couldn `t figure out how to do it in a descent way. Thank God I didn `t use it, your vid is perfection for this song !!!!

I hope you get the DVD file to work.

(did you find my note about burning ???)

And , as far as I see this one, you have a chance, knowing what they played so far. And what didn `t get played. But, you never know what might happen.

*hugs tight, runs to watch vid again*
Chayiana Female
Lieutenant

Mood: busy ;o)

[*] posted on 22-2-2008 at 08:29 PM

Hi,

first of all ... thank you very much for the lovely feedback. I really appreciate it because this was kind of a test run!^^
This vid will be my entry for the videocontest for the Creation Con in Vancouver this year in April. I hope the jury there will like it as well as you ... that would be wonderful!:love:

@Budong Chow
So, you were skeptical? ^^ I totally understand you.:P I guess this isn't a common stargate song, but I'm really glad you loved it. As for the wraith as the deep voice, that was a long time thinking of which chara would fit the best. But in the end it could be only Todd!

@sg11985
You already get an U2U! :grins: But anyway, thanks so much for your thoughts on this!:$

@jemo
You also thought that the song was an odd choice? ^^ I'm more than happy I could change your mind. I really look forward to your detailed feedback ...
<--- curiosity in person!!:P

@susu
Oops, I'm sorry. I think that's kind of a stupid coincidence.
I've to say that I was thinking of this song for a vid for months and months and months, but I never knew who would be the best chara as for the story teller, who would the one who wished to be a rockstar? Then I met Kavan in London at Peg 3 and conducted a really nice interview with him ... and then I knew it!!! :grins: It could only be him.
But I'm really glad you liked it anyway! Thanks. :)

@svala
Yup, I get your message concerning the burning, I already answered you there ... ^^ and I kinda knew it that it won't be that easy, but anyway, I'll make it ... anyhow ... ;)
And like I said it would be great if I have a chance with it *bounces excitedly*
And yes, I made a few changes ... e.g. the *oops* wasn't there before such as the McKay/Beckett kiss!^^ ... oh, and the Sheppard/Weir kiss as well ... ;)
Thank you soooooo much for your great feedback! *blushes*
*big hug* see you soon!
Valika Female
Lieutenant

Mood: better and better

[*] posted on 22-2-2008 at 10:46 PM

Oh, I enjoyed this vid SOO much, this is awesome, even though I don't like this music very much. You did a fantastic job with this vid, congrat! (I'll never be able to do such a good one, Ok I'll try.:))
A friend of mine is a big Lorne fan, I'll definitely tell her about your vid, she'll be happy to watch this.

"There is one thing that I do know is true. Mind is a powerful thing.
No matter who or what you believe in, sometimes belief itself makes
all the difference in the world you just don't give up.
Tell yourself whatever you have to, just believe you're gonna make it."

http://mywebgate.yolasite.com/resources/SGbanner.png
jemo Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 23-2-2008 at 05:15 AM

I know it's not quite the weekend, but I have some free time now. ^_^

Commenting as I watch, as usual, so it may sound a bit disconnecte. ^_^

I love your opening scene of Lorne. That is probably my favorite Lorne moment ever. He's all barefoot and vulnerable. *huggles him*

O.M.G. Your first two bits with Todd are PERFECT! I can't believe how well the lip syncing worked! Seriously, on my first watch-through, my jaw dropped. ^_^

I was honestly grinning in amusement for the whole vid, but John in his "Tower" chambers for "black jet with a bedroom in it" made me giggle.

"Cut my hair" - YES! When he came into the scene in that episode, my first thought was, "Whoa. Lorne got a haircut!" *giggles*

"and change my name" - Dude...is he wearing...eyeliner? :D

Hehehe! Sam's a playboy bunny!

Dude, I really love that you chose Lucius for Elvis. That's so great. ^_^ No tassles!

The "bodyguards" beating up people was also a really nice clip choice.

OMG. Rodney's boxers for "dress my ass..." *giggles* genuis!

Teyla, a centerfold? However did you draw that parallel? *winks*

omg,omg. I think probably laughed the hardest at this bit with Zelenka for "evil smile"!!!

Your idea for "lip sync 'em every night" was also very ingenious, with Lorne mimicking Shep. :D

Hehe. I love the montage of pretty blonde chicks for the final "playboy bunny" lyric. ^_^

second "evil smile" - HOLY CRAP EVIL!SHEP IS SO HOT

*cough* moving on...

Actually, it's the end. lol. Fantastic vid, but I wouldn't have expected any less from you. ^_^ I hope you do well at the con!

jemo in vidding; the-Bookworm-Princess in fanfiction; puckmarin on Youtube; and bookwormprinces on LiveJournal
Chayiana Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 27-2-2008 at 09:21 AM

oh, jemo ... :o that's what I'd call a detailed feedback ... WOW!! Thanks so much! It's kinda funny to see what people especially liked (or not ^^)
Quote:
Originally posted by jemo
O.M.G. Your first two bits with Todd are PERFECT! I can't believe how well the lip syncing worked! Seriously, on my first watch-through, my jaw dropped. ^_^
Honestly, the lip syncing was a little pain in the neck, but it was also real fun to do it. And I'm really glad it worked out! :grins:
Quote:
"Cut my hair" - YES! When he came into the scene in that episode, my first thought was, "Whoa. Lorne got a haircut!" *giggles*
Oh yeah, that's what I was thinking! God thanks ... after that horrible hair of him in "the long goodbye" he really needed a hair cut, didn't he? :P
Quote:
Teyla, a centerfold? However did you draw that parallel? *winks*
I guess i came up with Teyla because she was the only one who actually bought something in SGA at all ... ;)
Quote:
Your idea for "lip sync 'em every night" was also very ingenious, with Lorne mimicking Shep. :D
I'm so glad you mentioned that, because this was really the most difficult line in the whole vid for me. I swear this line was black until the very last moment, when I finally got this idea.
Quote:
second "evil smile" - HOLY CRAP EVIL!SHEP IS SO HOT
Oh yeah, he really is!!!:love:
Quote:
I hope you do well at the con!
I sent the vid yesterday, so, Fingers crossed! :grins: And I tell you what ... burning that vid was really the hard part. The guys at CREATION want it as a real DVD (I never made a DVD before) and they want it in NTSC format as well ... hey I'm european! No NTSC here at all! ^^ But I finally managed to burn that DVD as they wish. Now I've to wait 'til the con ... I hate waiting!!:duh: But I'll tell you how it ended up, I promise! :)

Thanks again for your great feedback!
ZiMarquise Female
Lieutenant

Mood: another wonderful day in the land of OZ

[*] posted on 28-2-2008 at 05:46 PM
::grins::

Omg this is awesome. You should do freaking awesome at the con. Lorne is a rockstar. Well at least in my book! :love:

You have earned a spot in my coveted GoGear, which currently has 1 GB left on it. I love this song, and I love Sheppard and Lorne so it was a hit with me.

The wraith is awesome. I was watching it in class (had headphones on) and I'm sure everyone was wondering why I was grinning from ear to ear. Lol.

Marky G
Lieutenant

Mood: For Scotland!

[*] posted on 28-2-2008 at 06:05 PM

Best video I've seen for a long time. I listened to this song this morning for the first time and I loved it, noticed your vid today and it ties in great.

Excellent work.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
jemo Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 29-2-2008 at 05:36 AM

Quote:
oh, jemo ... :o that's what I'd call a detailed feedback ... WOW!! Thanks so much!

Well, it's the kind I myself love to get, so it's the kind I try to leave for others. ^_^

perkin127 Female
Lieutenant

Mood: contented

[*] posted on 20-3-2008 at 12:40 AM

Oh my god this is so awsome, and i love lorne!!!!
Chayiana Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 19-4-2008 at 10:00 AM

@ZiMarquise
Hey, shouldn't you listen to the teacher instead of watching vids? :P But anyway, thanks so much for your FB. I'm really honored it gets a spot on your GoGear! :D

@Marky G and perkin127
Thank you both so much! I'm happy you liked it.

So, and as for the con in Vancouver, I guess, I've to tell you that my vid really has won.
I was freaking out when they called it out and so nervous when I had to get on stage to receive my award for it and had to announce it for myself. But I guess, the best thing of all was that Kavan liked it, too!! He's such a cutie!!! :love:

Although I was a little bit embarrassed when he asked about who made it. I had to stand up in the audience and he looked at me and said "Hey, I know you!" *ups* I would have never thought that he'll remember me from London this year, but he did! *still bounces excitedly* And then he pleaded me to cut out the "Bazooka"-scene ... he said it's so embarrassing for an Air Force major to miss the target, a black mark in his character's history! :D

And it seemed as if this really bothered him, because every 5 minutes in his panel he came back to the bazooka! :P It was so funny!

Maybe I'll think about cutting out the scene, if I've got the chance to show him the vid again ... maybe ... ^^
Valika Female
Lieutenant

Mood: better and better

[*] posted on 27-4-2008 at 03:56 PM

Hey, Chayiana, congrat for winning! The con had to be great fun for sure, especially you had the chance to speak with Kavan. *envy a little*;)

"There is one thing that I do know is true. Mind is a powerful thing.
No matter who or what you believe in, sometimes belief itself makes
all the difference in the world you just don't give up.
Tell yourself whatever you have to, just believe you're gonna make it."

http://mywebgate.yolasite.com/resources/SGbanner.png
superhero in disguise
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 13-12-2008 at 12:48 AM

First of all let me just say how much I love this vid I think it's great. I actually meant to comment on it before now but one thing after another kept side tracking me.

What finally got me in gear was that fact that I came across this vid on youtube but the poster's name is not the one you use here and I was wondering if you had an account there or had maybe allowed this person to post your vid, because if not then you should know that this person has posted not only this vid but a few others that I'm positive are yours as well.

Link to vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbuINa3jGxo

Link to profile page: http://www.youtube.com/user/JulesVids

Oglethorpe: We have successfully traveled eons across both space and time, through the Fargate......... to get FREE CABLE!
Emory: I think it's a st- Star...gate....
Oglethorpe: It's the Fargate! "F"! It's different from that movie that I've never seen, so how would I copy it?
Emory: Chill, man. It's allright, let's just turn it on!
Oglethorpe: I just want to make sure that we are clear it's the Fargate! "Goes far", get it? And there it is no way it came from that movie, or that syndicated series based on the movie!
Emory: But.... it sure was a good movie.....
Oglethorpe: Yeah, yes it was...
'Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Universal Remonster'
--------------------------------------------------------
Artwork Music Videos
Chayiana Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 17-1-2009 at 10:43 AM

I'm so sorry. I completely missed your post. :|

First of all: Thanks! :)

And secondly, don't worry about that yt channel, it's my own channel!;) They suspended my original channel quite some time ago, so I set up a new one back in May 2007.

As for the "Rockstar" vid, I had to delete it anyway, because yt is muting an awful lot of vids at the moment because of the music we're using. My "savin' me" vid is gone as well ... without music there's no reason to keep them, isn't it? :|

But thanks a lot for your concern. :)
superhero in disguise
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 17-1-2009 at 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chayiana
I'm so sorry. I completely missed your post. :|

First of all: Thanks! :)

And secondly, don't worry about that yt channel, it's my own channel!;) They suspended my original channel quite some time ago, so I set up a new one back in May 2007.

As for the "Rockstar" vid, I had to delete it anyway, because yt is muting an awful lot of vids at the moment because of the music we're using. My "savin' me" vid is gone as well ... without music there's no reason to keep them, isn't it? :|

But thanks a lot for your concern. :)

Kay that's good (not the getting your channel deleted or losing the audio, but that we don't have to worry about another vid thief). I just wanted to be sure first before I started make accusations. I had someone not too long ago try to accuse me of stealing one of my own vids on YT and it felt like a punch in the gut cuz I know I would never do that:( ( you can read how that went down here if you're interested but don't have to).

And yes YT certainly has a bug up its butt lately. So far I've been lucky and haven't lost any audio since they started muting audio (or at least haven't received any notice about it if I have). One thing I've noticed that seems to be helping is if on vids that get deleted or the audio muted is to re-upload them with a 20-30 second intro using audio and images you know YT won't object to (they conveniently give you a whole list of audio in the little audio swap thing they have). I've had to put one on a few vids that got taken down and they haven't been touched by YT since (knock on wood).

Oglethorpe: We have successfully traveled eons across both space and time, through the Fargate......... to get FREE CABLE!
Emory: I think it's a st- Star...gate....
Oglethorpe: It's the Fargate! "F"! It's different from that movie that I've never seen, so how would I copy it?
Emory: Chill, man. It's allright, let's just turn it on!
Oglethorpe: I just want to make sure that we are clear it's the Fargate! "Goes far", get it? And there it is no way it came from that movie, or that syndicated series based on the movie!
Emory: But.... it sure was a good movie.....
Oglethorpe: Yeah, yes it was...
'Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Universal Remonster'
--------------------------------------------------------
Artwork Music Videos
Jedi
Airman

[*] posted on 29-3-2009 at 11:38 PM

Your vid was a big hit back at Novembers 08 Stargate con in Cherry Hill, NJ

Lt. Colonel John Sheppard for President

Go To Top