Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/header.php on line 202
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum - Video Game Music Challenge - Powered by XMB
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Video Game Music Challenge
afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

Mood: Coffee... need coffee!!

[*] posted on 6-2-2008 at 08:08 PM
Video Game Music Challenge

Brought to you by Samus McAslan, Heavily pimped by Dr-Fumbles-McStupid

Alright gamers - dust off your nintendo controllers. You've waited long enough and finally it is here - the Video Game Music Challenge!! The rules are simple - create a Stargate vid (SGA or SG-1) using any version of music from any kind of video/computer game.

Don't know where to find the music? Here are some suggestions.

http://gh.ffshrine.org/
http://noproblo.dayjo.org/ZeldaSounds/
http://bluelaguna.net/pages/selectmp3.php
http://profile.imeem.com/347KhcY/music/ (Generously uploaded by Dr-Fumbles-McStupid)

You can post your entries in the Video Game Music Challenge thread at any time.
Deadline for this challenge is March 8, 2008 at midnight GMT.

Feel free to spread the word that the challenge is on!!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/after_thought_/MyBannercompletesmaller-1.jpg
ZiMarquise Female
Lieutenant

Mood: another wonderful day in the land of OZ

[*] posted on 6-2-2008 at 11:46 PM

Woot! I'm excited for this challenge!

Korat
Lieutenant

Mood: sleep deprived.

[*] posted on 7-2-2008 at 01:04 AM

Sound like fun!
I have just the song, the only question is will I have enough time.
I'm walking the line being a full time student in different 2 schools, and part time in another.
Hopefully I can evade homework long enough to create something with out negatively affecting my grade.
To bad the challenge ends before spring break.
Aruna7
Lieutenant

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 7-2-2008 at 02:31 PM

After having said several challenges in a row that I wanted to take part, I now almost don't dare to say I'll try, cause I'm afraid I won't have enough time again.... But I have songs, loads of...... *sigh* Time will tell!!

Good luck to everyone btw!

Multifandom Vidder & Shipper

avatar by Phlourish Icons and banner by Adry

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c68/Aruna7/banner_by_adry_small.jpg

Beyond Hope, my site or My LiveJournal
starrylizard
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 10-2-2008 at 04:41 AM

Great idea! I think you may have just kicked me out of my Supernatural phase. Just started a vid for this. :grins:

Life's too important to take seriously ~ Oscar Wilde
Korat
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 10-2-2008 at 04:50 AM

I have a question, are remixes allowed?

I have a real cool vid idea, but a remix that I found fits it so much better than the original.
Helen
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 11-2-2008 at 08:32 PM

just to clarify - it has to be *game* music? - real music with artists that has songs in the game doesn't count?
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
Dr-Fumbles-McStupid
Lieutenant

Mood: CRAZY

[*] posted on 12-2-2008 at 01:59 AM

First of all would something from Final fantasy seven Advent children be acceptable?

Also I don't have all my music uploaded onto imeem so for anyone who is interested I have every single Zelda soundtrack including the Techno remixes and the orchestrated versions. I also have Kingdom Hearts I, II and Final mix, Final fantasy 7, 8, 12, and Advent children, and all the halo soundtracksand Katamari Damacy and We <3 Katamari. just PM me if you want anything.

Marshall Jack Carter: Let's not shoot the crazy end-of-the-world machine just yet.
Gater Female
Supreme Commander of the Kawooshers

Mood: busy, as usual

[*] posted on 12-2-2008 at 11:07 PM

I'm pretty sure remixes are allowed, and I think it does have to be "game" music, rather than a song that was featured in a video game. For example, "99 Luftballons" by Lena was in GTA Vice City but I don't think you could use that as it was released as a pop song rather than made for the game... I could be wrong about this though, but I thought I should jump in here and give my opinion.

I'm not sure about Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - that's a film, isn't it? (Correct me if I'm wrong!!!)

I think we should stick to actual video/computer games. Otherwise we'd start using music from the Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat movies. Or the Super Mario cartoons. Ah, they were great! =D

Happy vidding!

(",) Gater

Kawoosh! Stargate Music Videos
http://kawoosh.co.uk

Gater on LJ
http://puddlejumping.co.uk

I don't read. I vid.

Have you read the forum guidelines?

Oath's suck. *rofl*
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
Dr-Fumbles-McStupid
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 13-2-2008 at 01:40 AM

it is a film but the song was remade from the FF VII videogame me thinkies, and what about medlies? i would also like to use a Legend of Zelda medly, is that acceptable?

Marshall Jack Carter: Let's not shoot the crazy end-of-the-world machine just yet.
Gater Female
Supreme Commander of the Kawooshers

Mood: busy, as usual

[*] posted on 13-2-2008 at 05:11 PM

but the song was remade from the FF VII videogame me thinkies

If that's the case then I guess it'd be like a remixed version, which is acceptable... as for a medley... well, to me that's like a remixed version too... um... what does everyone else think?

Happy vidding!

(",) Gater

Kawoosh! Stargate Music Videos
http://kawoosh.co.uk

Gater on LJ
http://puddlejumping.co.uk

I don't read. I vid.

Have you read the forum guidelines?

Oath's suck. *rofl*
ZiMarquise Female
Lieutenant

Mood: another wonderful day in the land of OZ

[*] posted on 14-2-2008 at 02:47 AM

I think as long as it's from a videogame, previously released or not, it should be allowed. Even if it was featured in the TV commercial.

afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

[*] posted on 15-2-2008 at 08:14 PM

I agree - as long as it's from a videogame, remixes included, it's ok.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/after_thought_/MyBannercompletesmaller-1.jpg
Amarra
Airman

[*] posted on 15-2-2008 at 11:51 PM

I'd have a question too; As I understood the using of music featured in trailers is allowed, however how much similarity between trailer and musicvideo is allowed? I don't want to use any game footage, but the resemblence between trailer and clip is close anyway... since I sort of got a project going that's pretty close to a musicvid version of a game trailer.
Samus McAslan Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 16-2-2008 at 11:33 PM

Am I the one that's supposed to be answering questions?

Um, to clarify...
- Medleys are fine
- Music must have originated in a video game
- Remixes are fine
- The actual style/subject of the vid is completely open (well, Stargate, obviously ;))

I hope that clarifies...
Korat
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 17-2-2008 at 04:15 PM

Yay I'm done!

Now to let it finish rendering and get to work on time!
((looks at pretty sunrise))
Who ever thought that grocery stores had to be open this early should be shot.

I'm so happy, I got my entry and English essay both done this weekend.

((runs to work))
susu
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 18-2-2008 at 11:16 AM

No matter how much I try I just cant figure this one. I'm not a gamer and all the music sounds so strange to me. Happy vidding to everyone else tho.
afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

[*] posted on 19-2-2008 at 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Korat
Who ever thought that grocery stores had to be open this early should be shot.

Ditto, lol! :)

Budong Chow Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 20-2-2008 at 02:51 AM

I'm just about finished with mine, just waiting for it to write... I hope it's ok, not my most confident work and it certainly was a challenge. I don't even know how many times I came close to just trashing it but I resisted the urge. Kudos to Samus McAslan for coming up with this one, it was probably one of the most challenging that I have done in a long time.

*breaths sigh of relief at it being over*

Might I suggest the next challenge not be so challenging.. haha :)

afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

[*] posted on 23-2-2008 at 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Budong Chow
Might I suggest the next challenge not be so challenging.. haha :)

LOL, I'll see what I can do! ;)

random
Sergeant

Mood: Happy:)

[*] posted on 25-2-2008 at 12:05 PM

I have a song i wanna use but can i use the full version for the show or do i have to use the ingame music version from the game. they are the same but the show version is longer and sounds clarity wise better
Korat
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 26-2-2008 at 04:46 PM

Heyo, I'm leaving for a kinda indefinite period, two weeks or more, so I'm going to miss the rest of this challenge. My computer's blocker is being overzealous and blocking half of kawoosh!, including the vid announcement and socialising threads, so I can't post replies to the feedback on my vid... I can't even see them. Hopefully when I get back I can use my home computer, because I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone else has to offer, and what people think of my vid.

I think I get back before the voting ends.... if so I watch and vote if not well I can catch them later.
afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

[*] posted on 27-2-2008 at 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by random
I have a song i wanna use but can i use the full version for the show or do i have to use the ingame music version from the game. they are the same but the show version is longer and sounds clarity wise better

You can use the full version. :)

ElizabethSH Female
Lieutenant

Mood: Lot of snow = me very crazy happy! :D

[*] posted on 27-2-2008 at 11:25 PM

Who wants my song ...

I am pretty sure I won't be able do to this one ... so anyone wants my song and idea?

I thought that the song could be used for mainly a Wraiths or Darts and spaceships vid or both (you see it the way you want)... so anyone's interested?
Also you should know that I can only provide an .wmv version of the song ... because I can't find it anywhere else. And if you need clips or advise ... I can help with that also.

I can even remix it for you if you think it is too long or too repetitive.

http://elizabethsh.iquebec.com/images/banweir.gif
Image made by Helia SH.

"Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn ho to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen."
- John Steinbeck

http://elizabethsh.livejournal.com
Dr-Fumbles-McStupid
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 6-3-2008 at 12:19 AM

;_; I was so looking forward to doing this one! I had just finished up my chuck video and was moving on to starting this one but then I got sick!!! I am just feeling well enough to sit at the computer and I am leaving to go visit my sister on friday! I saw everyone else's videos and was amazed! Good luck everyone! I will finish up my video later for everyone to see! Oh well there are alwayse other contests!

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top