Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/header.php on line 202
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum - Christmas Challenge - Powered by XMB
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Christmas Challenge
afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

Mood: Coffee... need coffee!!

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 01:47 AM
Christmas Challenge

Brought to you by Korat

Well, 'tis the season! Yes folks, the Christmas Challenge is here! Now there's only one requirement - you've got to use a Christmas song - how you interpret it is up to you! Get creative! :D

As always, your footage can be from Stargate SG-1 or Atlantis and your videos can be announced at any time in the Christmas Challenge thread in the Vid Announcements section.

Deadline is January 6, 2008 at midnight (GMT)

Good Luck!! Feel free to spread the word that the challenge is on!

EDIT: In efforts to make sure that all vids, including challenge vids are archivable, we would like to make sure that all entries are uploaded to one of the approved hosting sites:

http://community.livejournal.com/the_kawoosher/25189.html

So please avoid any streaming sites. If you have any difficulties, feel free to contact me and I'll help you set up what you need.

aT

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/after_thought_/MyBannercompletesmaller-1.jpg
Aruna7
Lieutenant

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 04:51 AM

Nice idea!!!! As usual, I'm going to say I have ideas, but with all the papers and vids I have left to do for family and friends, I don't promise anything. :)

Multifandom Vidder & Shipper

avatar by Phlourish Icons and banner by Adry

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c68/Aruna7/banner_by_adry_small.jpg

Beyond Hope, my site or My LiveJournal
Samus McAslan Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 02:38 PM

Well, this is a challenge. I have no idea what I'd go for, although as I don't have that many Christmas songs on CD, I guess that narrows my options. In such cases, that's probably a good thing.
Korat
Lieutenant

Mood: sleep deprived.

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 02:50 PM

Sweet! and it spans the Christmas break, I will try my best to complete a vid.
*crosses fingers and hopes no big projects are assigned at school*
Helen
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 04:23 PM

Nice timing, last day of school today and I welcome the christmas break with open arms!
hm. to find a song and some inspiration...
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
dkwilliams
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 04:29 PM

Cool! I'm trying to finish up my Secret Santa stories, but next week I know I'll be bored and I'm taking off from work till after the 1st, so I'll have plenty of time. And I already have the song to vid to!

http://diana.slashcity.com/images/sgavid1.jpg
UhSir Female
Captain

Mood: Pretty good, thank you!

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 06:07 PM

Oh so good that the deadline goes past Christmas and the New Year. I have time off of work and I should be able to get this done. I have the song picked out but it's already got me wondering how will I ever do this? I actually have another song idea now but I think I'll stick with my first idea since this is a challenge!

++++++++++++++++++
Vidding since December 2005.

Hardware: ASUS G73SW-A1, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M (4095 MB, DirectX 11, Shader Model 5), Dual 500 GB internal hard drives.

Software: Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows Movie Maker 6, DVD Shrink, Windows Media Encoder 9, Freemake Video Converter, Audacity.
Stargate_sg1_luver
Major

Mood: Dude, Wait... What?

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 07:08 PM

Hmm, I think I'll give this a go. I have a good (and funny) idea, I think.

LJ = Vita_Candeo
Editer name = Equus
Website = Eternal-Afterglow
Fanfiction = Kodiak's Sweet Breath
http://www.eternal-afterglow.net/gallery/albums/Banners/tori_banner.jpg
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
Dr-Fumbles-McStupid
Lieutenant

Mood: CRAZY

biggrin.gif posted on 12-12-2007 at 08:38 PM

I hoped that this one would be picked next! I have an awesome idea for a crack/humor vid! I would be making it right now but my computer with pinnacle and all my episodes on it is down!!!!!! Hopefullly it will be up before the end of the day because I'm ready and raring to go! By the way congratulations to all the winners of the previous challange! =^~^=

Marshall Jack Carter: Let's not shoot the crazy end-of-the-world machine just yet.
ElizabethSH Female
Lieutenant

Mood: Lot of snow = me very crazy happy! :D

[*] posted on 13-12-2007 at 02:51 AM

If RL, Santas Claus, and Christmas time are nice with me, I know what song I am going to use :$ *Can't stop smilling just thinking about it!*
:$ <= this is truly the expression on my face!!!

EDIT: Before I start considering another song ... can we use a soundtrack of a Christmas movie ??

EDIT2: Forget it ... I just found out that the song I was interresting in was in the soundtrack of the Christmas movie, yes, but is also considered a christmas song, so no matter if we could or not, this song can be in!

http://elizabethsh.iquebec.com/images/banweir.gif
Image made by Helia SH.

"Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn ho to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen."
- John Steinbeck

http://elizabethsh.livejournal.com
spacecadet Female
Lieutenant

Mood: Vacation makes me happy!

[*] posted on 13-12-2007 at 03:22 AM

Well, I too am smiling at this one, because I have the perfect song for my boys and the idea has been hatched...
Now the problem is time.....
I am actually half way through a past lives AU vid and may actually have it up for viewing in a week or so, Yay me, so I could see putting in some short time here and there and perhaps working on this challenge...
Yeah, I think that I may just be able to do this, in between working, moving, and reformatting my entire website, lol....
It may just be a Christmas Miracle!
MythQueen Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 13-12-2007 at 05:20 AM

Awesome! I can't wait to see these vids. Quick question; Could we rewrite a christmas song to fit Stargate? (Frosty the Snowman = Ronon the Gunman)
Dr-Fumbles-McStupid
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 14-12-2007 at 01:50 AM

Just wanted to let you all know that I have all of the classic christmas movie songs like silver and gold, the misfits, chris cringle, frosty rhe snowman etc, and would be happy to share. XD I will be uploading them onto my imeem acount herehttp://profile.imeem.com/347KhcY/playlists/ under a playlist entited x-mas so take a look and tell me if you would like any of them. (They arn't uploaded yet it will take an hour or two)

Marshall Jack Carter: Let's not shoot the crazy end-of-the-world machine just yet.
afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

[*] posted on 14-12-2007 at 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MythQueen
Awesome! I can't wait to see these vids. Quick question; Could we rewrite a christmas song to fit Stargate? (Frosty the Snowman = Ronon the Gunman)

Interesting question - I'll get back to you on that one. Do you mean you'd actually sing it yourself?

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/after_thought_/MyBannercompletesmaller-1.jpg
Melanie
Captain

[*] posted on 14-12-2007 at 08:36 AM

i don't know any christmas song lol well juste one actually...and i can't imagine anything with stargate on it...

wish you good luck everyone, i hope the next challenge will be ok for me ;)

jemo Female
Lieutenant

Mood: squee!

[*] posted on 14-12-2007 at 03:03 PM

Wheeeeeee! I've already started on mine. ^_^

jemo in vidding; the-Bookworm-Princess in fanfiction; puckmarin on Youtube; and bookwormprinces on LiveJournal
MythQueen Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 15-12-2007 at 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by afterThought
Quote:

Interesting question - I'll get back to you on that one. Do you mean you'd actually sing it yourself?

That was the idea, rewrite the song and if I couldn't convince someone else to sing it, sing it myself. However, I've scrapped that idea for one that less embarassing!:grins:
Dr-Fumbles-McStupid
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 15-12-2007 at 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jemo
Wheeeeeee! I've already started on mine. ^_^

me too, I should be finished by wednesday at the latest! XD I'm really excited about this contest. also imeem isn' letting me upload my songs so here is a list of the songs.
Frosty the snowman
Rudolph the red nosed reighndeer
put one foot infront of the other
Responsibility (First toy maker to the king)
Responsibility reprise (Law maker)
Santa clause is coming to town
Silver and gold
Missfits
Isle of missfit toys
Holly jolly christmas
Jingle, jingle, jingle (Chris Cringle)
Little drummer boy

just U2U me if you want a song =^~^=

ElizabethSH Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 15-12-2007 at 01:14 AM

ARGGGHHH ... I am REALLY far from being even near done!

It is a lot more difficult then I thought !!! There is no snow in ATLANTIS!!! (except for that tiny winy little shot of Sheppard handing a little icy snow in Defiant One). As there are no snowman, christmas tree, santa claus, elf nor happy kids in pyjamas! It is much more of a challenge then what I thought! But worry no more ... I love challenges and I haven't give up just yet! ;)

See yah all on January 6th 23:59 GMT with that vid (because there is absolutely no chance I am going to get it done before that ... but you all knew that, didn't you? it is just part of my charming self! :$)

Image made by Helia SH.

"Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn ho to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen."
- John Steinbeck

TortieKitten
Airman

[*] posted on 15-12-2007 at 01:55 AM

What about songs that are not "classic" christmas songs, but are about christmas and are sometimes very humorous? are those allowed??? :)
afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

[*] posted on 15-12-2007 at 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TortieKitten
What about songs that are not "classic" christmas songs, but are about christmas and are sometimes very humorous? are those allowed??? :)

Sure, go for it. :)

afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

[*] posted on 15-12-2007 at 06:05 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by afterThought
Quote:

That was the idea, rewrite the song and if I couldn't convince someone else to sing it, sing it myself. However, I've scrapped that idea for one that less embarassing!:grins:
Ha, ha - ok.

Beach Chick Female
Sergeant

[*] posted on 16-12-2007 at 02:46 AM

Okay...I thought I'd ask this before I post my entry. I'm not sure if this has been covered already, but I made a video like 17 days ago not knowing we were going to have a Christmas video challenge next. Anyways...I was wondering if I could use it for this Christmas challenge? Please...it says there are no requirements, so it should be okay, right? :D
-Chicky
ElizabethSH Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 16-12-2007 at 03:26 AM

I think the general rule concerning this is : not post a vid already submitted to Kawoosh! to participate to a challenge, isn't it?

So if you haven't put it online already, it should be okay, right?

Image made by Helia SH.

- John Steinbeck

Beach Chick Female
Sergeant

[*] posted on 16-12-2007 at 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ElizabethSH
I think the general rule concerning this is : not post a vid already submitted to Kawoosh! to participate to a challenge, isn't it?

So if you haven't put it online already, it should be okay, right?

I haven't put it on kawoosh yet, and it's a Christmas video. I just finished it before the challenge started. I'll probably put it up. I just thought I'd ask so I didn't get disqualified or anything because I had it done before.
-Chicky
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top