Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: New...vid
Dragonfly
Captain

Mood: Lalala

[*] posted on 11-1-2005 at 06:25 AM
Daniel/Team

Okay...I'm kinda scared about this one. lol It can either be good...or suck major monkey bum! LOL

Either way, let me know...but please be kind. lol

I've been wanting to do this FOREVER, and I FINALLY got all the eps I needed. Woohoo!!

Silent Lucidity

Just scroll to the bottom.

I also couldn't decide whether to label it a team or daniel vid...I think it's more Daniel, but...I just went with Daniel/Team. lol ...and it's kinda episodic too.... hmmm

...okay...going now...can you tell I'm nervous?? LOL

*chews fingernails*

OH! Possible spoilers through Chimera
cherry brandy
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 11-1-2005 at 08:49 PM

mwaaaaa the link doesn't work woss goin on. You MUST get it fixed D and soon. This song is one of my faves - brihana (alpha site) has done a vid for this too have you seen it? No pressure or anything but its exellent. Anyway can't wait to see your version i'm sure it's lovely too :P
Dragonfly
Captain

[*] posted on 11-1-2005 at 09:03 PM

Sorry Cherry, I went to upload a different one with ONE different transition in it (I'm such a freak)...but I ENDED UP LOADING THE WRONG ONE!!! LOL ...So...this will be staying up for now. lol (It's only one transition)

anyhoo..it's ready when you are:P

Thanks!
Dragonfly
Captain

[*] posted on 13-1-2005 at 04:37 AM

Ooookay, I uploaded the ONE different transition version. LOL No worries about it changing again.;)
cherry brandy
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 13-1-2005 at 03:31 PM

Yes!Really loved this, thought it was bloody good. Firstly i really like the way you did the opening scene where it faded from sepia to colour - very effective.The scenes flow really well and just seem to melt into one another seemlessly and the 'aged film' look works well with the fast changing scenes during the 'gouldish voice' bit. The only thing i didn't like - and this is just a personal thing - was some of the funky transitions ie the spinny one and the shatter effect. I tend to avoid these as they just don't do it for me although they can work in kooky humourous vids. Personally I think they detract from this vid cos its so smooth and flowing but hey thats just me. Overall tho' great vid - sorry bit of an essay...
Dragonfly
Captain

[*] posted on 13-1-2005 at 04:34 PM

Thanks Cherry! The 'flippy' one was actually already taken out. lol I'm just going to leave the other one in though...it's grown on me. lol ...unless, ofcourse it's unanimous. (by anyone else that may watch this video)

....dangit!! ...I said I wasn't going to change it again! LOL ....*waits and sees*
Dragonfly
Captain

[*] posted on 17-1-2005 at 10:44 PM

Okay...it's going to stay the same...

Going once...
Dragonfly
Captain

[*] posted on 17-1-2005 at 10:44 PM

Going twice...
Dragonfly
Captain

[*] posted on 18-1-2005 at 05:47 PM

Gone...thrice!!! AND SOLD TO THE LITTLE LADY HOLDING A DANIEL DOLL IN THE BACK...

*stands on tippy toes*

Hey! hey! can I have that?!
Dragonfly
Captain

[*] posted on 18-1-2005 at 06:36 PM

I feel so lonely. LOL Hello? Hello? Hello? *echoes* I've talked to myself practically this whole topic! ...at least I had Cherry's lovely company. lol

*hands Cherry a cookie* psst *whispers* Make sure MM doesn't see it!:P
Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 18-1-2005 at 07:02 PM

Sorry Dragonfly, thought I'd already posted, but obviously not :(

I do try and download/watch/feedback on every vid posted, but now and then I slip up.....I think it's important we offer each other feedback ( positive and concrit) so we can learn and improve....pet peeve of mine, if monsie were here, she'd tell you! :D

Anyhow, off-topic! It's not a song I love (sorry) so needed to look past that at what you'd done in the vid. Saying that, though, the song did grow on me the more I watched it! The beginning builds up nicely, lovely selection of clips, particylarly love the one where they're getting in the lift and Jack smiles, fits so well. I also like how you added some different transitions not used often, yet they blended well in the parts that you used them. The part in the middle where there's lots of clips and transitions- well, at first it threw me and I didn't like it, but as the music built up it worked well and I could see why you'd done it. And again at the end the clips fitted very well with the lyrics and mood of the song.

It's one you've obviously worked hard on, and the more times you watch it the more you pick up, so well done you. :)
Dragonfly
Captain

[*] posted on 18-1-2005 at 10:35 PM

Aw! lol You hate that song!! *hugs* You didn't have to watch it. You could have just said...'You know Dragonfly...I really hate that song.' lol

But I REALLY appreciate the fact that you did! AND gave me feedback on it! (Did you do it for a cookie? lol;)) *hands over fresh plate of cookies*

I did work really hard on it, which is why I was so nervous about it. And it sucks that there's so much to it, that you can't appreciate it in the first round~~so it comes out lacking more than I fear. lol

I know the part you're talking about in the middle...and honestly it throws me off too...UNTIL the music builds up and it comes together and I go 'eh, okay, it can stay' lol

I thank you again, Muppet for the feedback!!:P
Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 18-1-2005 at 10:41 PM

No! I don't hate the song, it's just not one I'd chose to listen to - and in the beginning, when I first started watching vids about a year ago, I would just go for the songs I liked, and that played a huge part in my enjoyment of a vid.

But now, slowly knowing more about what goes into making a vid, if I come across a song I'm not keen on, I do my best to look past that, and see instead the effort that's gone into a vid. And I can really appreciate the work and effort that's gone into yours.

And it's a good vid, Dragonfly.........whether I like the song or not!
Dragonfly
Captain

[*] posted on 18-1-2005 at 11:08 PM

I used to do the same thing!! Actually...I still do sometimes...*blushes* It really is a hard habit to break!

Thanks Muppet!!!
Gater Female
Supreme Commander of the Kawooshers

Mood: busy, as usual

[*] posted on 19-1-2005 at 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Muppet

But now, slowly knowing more about what goes into making a vid, if I come across a song I'm not keen on, I do my best to look past that, and see instead the effort that's gone into a vid.

I know exactly what you mean!! This is why I often think that I'm not a great judge of good music videos.

Happy vidding!

(",) Gater

Kawoosh! Stargate Music Videos
http://kawoosh.co.uk

Gater on LJ
http://puddlejumping.co.uk

I don't read. I vid.

Have you read the forum guidelines?

Oath's suck. *rofl*
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
cherry brandy
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 19-1-2005 at 06:06 PM

*chews on 2 day old cookie* mmm thanks for the cookie D i only just found it but it was delicious. *burps raucously*
Dragonfly
Captain

[*] posted on 19-1-2005 at 06:30 PM

LOL put it in the microwave for a few secs...might soften it up. LOL
cherry brandy
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 19-1-2005 at 06:43 PM

LOL actually i just spread a bit of nutella on it and it was fine mmmmmmmmmm nutellaaaa...

Go To Top