Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  2  3  4
Author: Subject: Reporting Rippers
Rae Female
Lieutenant

Mood: Introspective

[*] posted on 29-12-2007 at 06:41 AM

Okay, I've been notified that my clips were in another youtube video. Thanks again for the heads up Uhsir. You rock and it's great to know that other vidders are keeping an eye out for these happenings. So, back to the clip theft. I really want to get worked up with righteous indignation, and I did for like two minutes. Then I watched the other vids for signs of recognizable markings or editing and found the most horrendous "editing" in all of fandom. Seriously, everyone should go view these monstrous creations just for the shock value. I've seen some bad videos. Hell, I've made some bad videos but nothing I've ever seen compares to this. All I can say is, OMG! And yeah, you might want to look for stolen clips. Don't look too hard though, the bad editing may be contagious. I'm off to wash the crap off of me.

BarushDepp

My clips are in this vid: BlahBlahBlah
They're the ones that say Rae. *headdesk*

"Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people." ~Spencer Johnson
Red Phoniex
Lieutenant

Mood: Sad, lonely, tired, hunger

[*] posted on 8-1-2008 at 01:43 AM

nightstrider25 has disabled comments on her user info page on youtube and you can't see whose favourited the vids anymore.

Your path maybe chosen but how you walk it is up to you.
Gater Female
Supreme Commander of the Kawooshers

Mood: busy, as usual

[*] posted on 8-1-2008 at 07:24 AM

I've sent messages to both tubg and BarushDepp explaining that clip theft is wrong yada yada and if they do not do something about it within a week or so, they'll be added to the black list.

I'm really sorry for not doing this sooner, I just haven't been around - really sorry!

Happy vidding!

(",) Gater

Kawoosh! Stargate Music Videos
http://kawoosh.co.uk

Gater on LJ
http://puddlejumping.co.uk

I don't read. I vid.

Have you read the forum guidelines?

Oath's suck. *rofl*
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
Gater Female

[*] posted on 13-1-2008 at 09:40 AM

Update

Barush Depp has commented on the Sam/Jack video and I replied - I want to wait for another response (if any) before taking further action.

Tubg appears to not have read my message yet and hasn't done anything about the videos. I'm going to add them to the blacklist.

Looking into ComBatKittie at the mo'...

Edit: ComBatKittie was resolved already - yay!

Happy vidding!

(",) Gater

Gater on LJ

I don't read. I vid.

Oath's suck. *rofl*
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
Chayiana Female
Lieutenant

Mood: busy ;o)

[*] posted on 24-1-2008 at 10:44 PM

Hi @ all,

maybe I'll need your help. I just found the most shameless ripper ever, I guess.

This Jackekob posted a vid on youtube which is in fully length my Rodney-vid for the "same song challenge" (gravity of love). He (or she) changed the music and guess what? He took the music of my Liberatio-vid instead, including the voice parts of Dr. Weir I put in it. And at the end he (or she) erased my name and put "made by sari" in.

Isn't that cheeky or what? I can't believe it!!! :mad:

I sent him a message but if he won't react I need your help. I can stand a lot of things but this is far too much!!

This is the link:

Tribute to Dr.Meredith Rodney McKay
spacecadet Female
Lieutenant

Mood: Vacation makes me happy!

[*] posted on 25-1-2008 at 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chayiana
Hi @ all,

maybe I'll need your help. I just found the most shameless ripper ever, I guess.

This Jackekob posted a vid on youtube which is in fully length my Rodney-vid for the "same song challenge" (gravity of love). He (or she) changed the music and guess what? He took the music of my Liberatio-vid instead, including the voice parts of Dr. Weir I put in it. And at the end he (or she) erased my name and put "made by sari" in.

Isn't that cheeky or what? I can't believe it!!! :mad:

I sent him a message but if he won't react I need your help. I can stand a lot of things but this is far too much!!

This is the link:

Tribute to Dr.Meredith Rodney McKay

Not that I didn't believe you, but I decided to watch both vids streamed side by side, and just could not believe that someone would do what this Jerk did....
What an absolute looser!
Most vid thieves don't go to the trouble of redoing front and back titles....
I am really pissed off with this guy!
I am also curious how you guys find these thieves on YouTube...
There are just vast amounts of videos over there that I am not sure that I would ever know if anyone stole any of my stuff, not that they would, lol....
I did see a vid over there one day that I swear had one of my clips from my "Memories" vid, but how could I prove a clip with no watermark, lol...
It was slowed down and B/W just like mine exact length too, but...
Oh well, sign me up to get this nut job...
I am on board!

http://pics.livejournal.com/spacecadetrealm/pic/0000hhhg/s320x240
tearful eye
Lieutenant

Mood: grklmbwgfsklmgwrl.

[*] posted on 25-1-2008 at 10:39 PM

hmm, rippers make me http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/tearful-eye/smilies/boilinganger.gif

you probably already all know this, but there's this quite new LJ comm, dontstealvideos, which i think is prety good stuff.
Chayiana Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 28-1-2008 at 08:59 PM

@tearful eye
Thanks for link ... it's bookmarked!^^
For the next time ... because this time it seems as if this jerk became reasonable ... he removed the vid from youtube. But don't believe that I get an apology or anything else ... nothing.

But thank you very much for your support anyway!!:)
Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 29-1-2008 at 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chayiana
@tearful eye
Thanks for link ... it's bookmarked!^^
For the next time ... because this time it seems as if this jerk became reasonable ... he removed the vid from youtube. But don't believe that I get an apology or anything else ... nothing.

But thank you very much for your support anyway!!:)

There was a post about this site HERE which has a little more information, as well as a post on The Kawoosher which gives a little more information about that site and the site it was developed from.
susu
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 7-2-2008 at 04:12 PM

I've just been notified by a friend that someone has uploaded one of my vids and claimed it as their own. It has my water mark on for gods sake: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWnPPTzBdkU&feature=user
He's taken the credits off the end replaced it with his own. I've left a message asking them to take it down. He calls himself Lonsdale Jnr. I know this has happened to others - well established vidders with fabulous videos behind them, but I never thought little old me would be a victim. No one's safe it appears.

Update: kjscififan just contacted me. Two of her vids have also been uploaded by this chap. He has disabled comments and ratings on her vids so he obviously knows. What can we do about it?
Gater Female

[*] posted on 7-2-2008 at 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by susuWhat can we do about it?

We hound the sucker! =P

I'm going to send them a message, explaining what they're doing is wrong, and let them know that we know what they're up to - basically put pressure on them.

I tell them about the blacklist we have and say they will be added to it for everyone to see.

I did this with Chayiana's ripper and while they didn't reply or seem to acknowledge any of my messages, they did remove the video. At least that was something.

Others respond apologetically, while others can get hostile.

Either way, you've done the right thing by posting about it here. Hopefully enough Kawooshers'll poke this lying turd and they'll think twice before messing with us. =)

Happy vidding!

(",) Gater

Gater on LJ

I don't read. I vid.

Oath's suck. *rofl*
susu
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 7-2-2008 at 09:59 PM

Quote:

Either way, you've done the right thing by posting about it here. Hopefully enough Kawooshers'll poke this lying turd and they'll think twice before messing with us. =)

Ha! Don't mess with us Kawooshers bozo!
susu
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 8-2-2008 at 11:10 AM

Good news - Lonsdalejnr took the videos down, both mine and Kay's. He was very polite - insisted though that he had edited them in part himself (not), and apologised for any offence. Thank you for all the help Kawooshers. A happy ending for this one.
Gater Female

[*] posted on 8-2-2008 at 03:24 PM

Yeah, he sent me a message saying he'll take them down! =) And yes, quite polite too!

He said that he didn't upload them to take credit but because he liked them and it was a quick way to show his friends when he's away from his own computer and can't access his favourites/bookmarks. Which I think is an interesting point, but don't get me wrong, he still should've asked permission and only uploaded them if he was granted that permission.

Aw yay, I do like happy endings!

Happy vidding!

(",) Gater

Gater on LJ

I don't read. I vid.

Oath's suck. *rofl*
Stef Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 21-7-2008 at 05:37 AM

*sigh* I just found the third instance of someone ripping off one of my videos (it's almost always the same one!). Glad this thread and everyone here is working hard to stop this kind of thing :) I don't really know videos well enough to tell what segments are from what\, but if I see any I'll be sure to let whoever is the victim know...cause I know from first hand experience how much this kind of thing sucks (I think I even had someone remake my video....using my clips/edits....to the same song...but out of order).

-Stef

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/Ties-That-Bind/Banners/Daniel-Vala/Tags/Logo-Fall.jpg
Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 21-7-2008 at 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stef
*sigh* I just found the third instance of someone ripping off one of my videos
-Stef

Is it the same person as before - someone who is already blacklisted - or is this a new person we need to check out?
Helen
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 21-7-2008 at 01:55 PM

Might as well mention "TheGateKeeperdude" on youtube aka Resurection0/Gaterocker who uploaded mine and Chayianas videos. He hasn't uploaded any more for a few months though, but you never know. Been keeping an eye out for a few months now.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGateKeeperdude
Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 21-7-2008 at 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Helen
Might as well mention "TheGateKeeperdude" on youtube aka Resurection0/Gaterocker who uploaded mine and Chayianas videos. He hasn't uploaded any more for a few months though, but you never know. Been keeping an eye out for a few months now.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGateKeeperdude

So that's the new name he's chosen to use - but he hasn't ripped off anyone else lately?

I'll check the link when I get home - thanks Helen =)
Helen
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 22-7-2008 at 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Muppet
So that's the new name he's chosen to use - but he hasn't ripped off anyone else lately?

well, he has a 3rd video up there aswell, but it seems he made it himself.. but wouldn't be surprised if he took it as his own also.
Budong Chow Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 24-7-2008 at 01:14 AM

not only did this person steal four of my videos as hers she stole my name http://youtube.com/user/BudongChowBC this is really pissing me off... that isn't me and I don't have a youtube account can someone please help me spread the word?

The person goes by BudongChowBC on youTube :mad:

Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 24-7-2008 at 06:28 AM

I'll check this link out when I get home from work - so they stole your name and your videos?
Chayiana Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 24-7-2008 at 06:58 AM

@Budong Chow
OMG! I think I really have to apologize, because I was wondering why "you" answered The GateKeeperdude with my vid the way "you" did. :o Now I know it wasn't you ... sorry!

Honestly, I still can't believe it how anybody can do this. This is just pathetic!!! Are you sure that this is the same person as The GateKeeperdude? Or just two friends?

I guess it won't take long before we are all gonna be blocked by him/her. It was the same with this "The GateKeeperdude"/Resurection0/whatever. He deleted all my comments and blocked me from sending any messages. What else can we do? It's really starting to piss me off :mad:
perkin127 Female
Lieutenant

Mood: contented

[*] posted on 24-7-2008 at 09:53 AM

i am sooo annoyed that they stole your whole identity! esp as i had subscribed *blush* people like that are evil!

Quote:
JACKSON: That's when it hit me - Sir Gawain.

MITCHELL: Wasn't he one of the Knights who says "Ni?
Budong Chow Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 24-7-2008 at 10:30 AM

Thats what bothers me more then the videos, he took my name and made other people, like Chayiana think it was me. I just hate that all these people were lied to and I hate that he ignored others simply because he didn't know the answer to their questions since he/she didn't make the video themselves.

Sorry Chayiana, I'm not sure what they said as far as the comment went but I'm sorry this liar hurt and offended you. This just kinda sucks. I'm starting to think that it can't be a coincident that the two are friends and that the only favorite TheGateKepper has on his site is one on BudongChowBC's and vice versa. We are probably dealing with the same person. Which is just sad.

Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 24-7-2008 at 10:33 AM

Just to remind people of this thread I posted a while ago:

Stopping plagiarism

... hopefully it might be of help/interest to some of you who are dealing with the problem of people stealing your vids and passing them off as their own.

And also of this thread here on http://stat.livejournal.com/img/community.gif The Kawoosher:

Reporting rippers thread

... where you can also report rippers for the Kawoosh! blacklist.

I'll be checking out this BudongChowBC when I get home and the likelihood - as you say - that it's actually just another pseudonym used by TheGateKeeper.
 Pages:  1  2  3  4

Go To Top