Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/header.php on line 202
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum - Disney Challenge - A Girl Worth Fighting For - humour - Powered by XMB
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Disney Challenge - A Girl Worth Fighting For - humour
jemo Female
Lieutenant

Mood: squee!

[*] posted on 31-10-2007 at 09:30 PM
Disney Challenge - A Girl Worth Fighting For - humour

Vid Title: A Girl Worth Fighting For
Song Title: A Girl Worth Fighting For
Song Artist: Disney's Mulan
Category: definitely Humour. and it's centered on The Guys and Teyla. but maybe Teyla should go under character? I will leave the mods to sort it out. ^_^
Series: SGA
Length/Size/Format: 2.22/16.7 MB's/wmv (do let me know if this is confusing, mods, but I hate how long vertically it makes the post if I list them all separately. ^_^)
Link: here on my website

summary:When I heard the voices, nearly half the vid popped into my head, and it truly did vid itself except for a few places that I had to think about. I've had part of this sitting around for a while, waiting for the challenge to start, and that's why I was able to get it done so quickly. ^_^ It mainly focuses on the guys and Teyla. I'm happy with all of it except the ending. For those of you who don't know the song/haven't seen the movie, the song cuts off abruptly, as the characters come upon a destroyed village and immediately stop singing. I sort of tried to convey the same feeling, but don't know how well it worked. Oh, well. ^_^
*contains clips that may be construed as spoilery as far as cast changes up to First Strike.* "man in armor" idea provided by Plincess Reia

Enjoy! And remember, feedback is love! ^_^

jemo in vidding; the-Bookworm-Princess in fanfiction; puckmarin on Youtube; and bookwormprinces on LiveJournal
Gater Female
Supreme Commander of the Kawooshers

Mood: busy, as usual

[*] posted on 1-11-2007 at 10:12 AM

*rofl* aah funny!!!

You did really well matching characters to the voices in the song. I totally loved Shep's "hey" and Ronon's "marvel at my strength" hehehe! And Rodney's "I couldn't care less" clip was perfect! There were loads of clips like that you chose, which really fit the line of the song.

Really liked Teyla's line "a girl who has a brain..." and cut to Rodney *lol* and the Woolsey line? I loved how then Ronon made fun of him and you've got the team laughing along with him!

I'm glad you explained why the music cut of suddenly because I don't know the song or movie. I think maybe to ease it off its abruptness you could've added dialogue from a clip at the end? I'm not sure though, it's just an idea.

Overall, great video! You did a good job. =)

Happy vidding!

(",) Gater

Kawoosh! Stargate Music Videos
http://kawoosh.co.uk

Gater on LJ
http://puddlejumping.co.uk

I don't read. I vid.

Have you read the forum guidelines?

Oath's suck. *rofl*
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
plincessreia
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 1-11-2007 at 02:35 PM

O. M. G. I love this vid!

Again, you matched the characters so *perfectly*!! And you found amazing clips. I never would have remembered Rodney rubbing his feet. ;)

My favorite part is probably still the "nah" :D

Really really well done. :grins:
jemo Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 1-11-2007 at 05:06 PM

Thank you both!

@Gater - Thank you so much! Hearing this song and the characters' voices and then getting the idea was actually what made me suggest the Disney challenge in the first place; I thought it would be hilarious to see how many different voices people could match to our Stargate peoples. I'm glad you liked my clip choices, I'm quite proud of the ones you mentioned. ^_^ The Woolsey one was definitely my favorite part, because Chi Ful sounds exactly like Woolsey. *giggles*
As for the ending... I actually tried a lot of different things. Since the line was "A girl worth fighting--" the idea popped into my head to show something bad happening to one of the ladies, and so I tried using the clip from First Strike **spoiler** where Elizabeth got blasted. But that didn't work. Then I tried the exploding DHD clip like I have now, but with a fade to black rather than just ending. But I didn't like that either. I finally just went with the thought process: Hmm...if our guys are singing this, what would happen to make them stop suddenly? An exploding DHD! ^_^

@plincessreia - Rodney rubbing his feet was actually one of those first clips that popped into my head. ^_^ And I'm very glad you like the "nah"; it was actually a last-minute addition. ^_^

jemo in vidding; the-Bookworm-Princess in fanfiction; puckmarin on Youtube; and bookwormprinces on LiveJournal
dkwilliams
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 1-11-2007 at 06:35 PM

That was so funny! I loved all the bits, all the voices you matched up (Woolsey was hysterical). Loved the "nah!" part especially, it made me laugh out loud. Well done!

http://diana.slashcity.com/images/sgavid1.jpg
nosferata
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 2-11-2007 at 10:56 AM

MUlan, Mulan ^^ Gotta feedback right away *G*

Good song choice! I was thinking of it, too when this challenge was announced and if I had done "a happy smiling battle vid" I would surely have gone for this song!

The thing I like most about this vid is that the lyrics REALLY match the scenes you show! I ESPECIALLY ADORE the "uh" in 1.34 :D :D :D and the "nah" in 1.41 :$ Must have taken you ages to find those scenes!

As I know the movie it was not hard to understand the end of your video. You did a pretty good job there!It matches the DIsney Movie perfectly!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mark-geddes/startrip/nossig.jpg

Always remember...

Life is not the amount of breaths you take-It's the moments that take your breath away.
jemo Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 13-11-2007 at 03:32 AM

Whoops! Somehow I didn't see your comment, nosferata! :P I'm glad you liked the song choice. When I heard the voices, I was like, "This is it." :D I'm also glad you got the ending! Thanks for the FB. ^_^

Dr-Fumbles-McStupid
Lieutenant

Mood: CRAZY

[*] posted on 14-11-2007 at 04:10 PM

I realy love what you did with your video! You matched the characters up really welwith the voices. I especialy liked the look on Teyla's face whn she was talking about her ideal girl! Good luck with the challange!

Marshall Jack Carter: Let's not shoot the crazy end-of-the-world machine just yet.
jemo Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 14-11-2007 at 06:17 PM

Thank you! Hehe. If you're referring to Teyla's "uhh" look, I'm quite fond of that scene, too. ^_^

Samus McAslan Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 18-11-2007 at 11:13 AM

Love it! It's just perfect all around. Really, I could point out all the parts I liked specifically, but I'd be talking about the whole vid. Just...love it.

jemo Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 19-11-2007 at 04:25 AM

Hehe. "I love the whole thing" is always good to hear, Samus. Thanks for commenting. ^_^

dark_orion
Sergeant

[*] posted on 22-11-2007 at 11:24 PM

Oh, Rodney massaging his "aching feet" just made me giggle there.

I loved the matching of the Atlantis guys to the ones in the movie--John the pilot wanting a girl with eyes like stars, Ronon and his brute strength (*purr*) and Rodney thinking about food.

That Rodney clip from Duet at 1:11 just makes me laugh so hard, and John in his dress blues for man in armor is just so, so brilliant.

And just like everyone else, I'm sure, I really enjoyed the clips you choice for Teyla's part at 1:34 and Rodney's subsequent "Nah!"

And oh, God, the Woolsey part! *dies*

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
Nebulan Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 23-11-2007 at 08:27 PM

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I love it!! So cute, I loved it, the Ronon/Melina moments I think were the most touching, and I LOVED woosley for "I've got a girl back home..." that's awesome! I also love the love you gave the minor girls, including Dr. Biro, that's awesome! such sweet fun, loved it :D

jemo Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 24-11-2007 at 03:10 AM

Thank you both for your feedback! :D

Quote:
and John in his dress blues for man in armor is just so, so brilliant.

Because she sees fit to give thanks to me everytime she vids, I must say again that this was actually Plincess Reia's idea. ^_^

Quote:
And oh, God, the Woolsey part! *dies*

Muahaha! This was all me. ^_^ I had a couple people mention while the vid was still in the making that I should have used Carson for this bit. I see where they were coming from, with the clip of Carson and his mother from "Rising", but Chi Fu sounds exactly like Woolsey, so I just had to do it. ^_^

Quote:
I also love the love you gave the minor girls, including Dr. Biro, that's awesome!

I had actually planned on using clips of Elizabeth for every "girl worth fighting for", but then I thought it would be better to share the spotlight. ^_^

Melanie
Captain

[*] posted on 27-11-2007 at 11:26 AM

i think it was an original idea ! i didn't know the song, but it was perfectly chose for matching the clips :)
Especially the voice of Ronon lol Godd job !

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
jemo Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 28-11-2007 at 06:15 AM

Thanks, Melanie! Hehe. The voice of Ronon is my favorite voice in the song, too. ^_^

ElizabethSH Female
Lieutenant

Mood: Lot of snow = me very crazy happy! :D

[*] posted on 3-12-2007 at 11:58 PM

Nice! It was funny to see John with that small voice, and I liked every expressions you put on 'nah' and 'uhh' and everytime the voice you matched to John was speaking ... really well assembled and very funny to watch! I like it very much!:P

http://elizabethsh.iquebec.com/images/banweir.gif
Image made by Helia SH.

"Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn ho to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen."
- John Steinbeck

http://elizabethsh.livejournal.com
jemo Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 6-12-2007 at 03:41 AM

Hehehe! Thanks, ElizabethSH. I'm really happy with how all the voices fit the characters, and I think John and Ronon turned out the best. ^_^

UhSir Female
Captain

Mood: Pretty good, thank you!

[*] posted on 9-12-2007 at 11:40 PM

I love your intro. The lip syncing is wonderful, wow! Very consistent with matching characters to singers and your choices are truly adorable. The ending is rather abrupt. Is that how the song ends? Sort of feels like something is missing.

++++++++++++++++++
Vidding since December 2005.

Hardware: ASUS G73SW-A1, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M (4095 MB, DirectX 11, Shader Model 5), Dual 500 GB internal hard drives.

Software: Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows Movie Maker 6, DVD Shrink, Windows Media Encoder 9, Freemake Video Converter, Audacity.
jemo Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 10-12-2007 at 04:00 AM

Thanks for the FB, UhSir. Yeah, the ending is abrupt. That's how the song ends because the soldiers come upon a destroyed village and stop singing.

Go To Top