Song Artist: Queen
Pairing/Character: Dr. Elizabeth Weir
Category: Action, Episode "The Real World"
Series: SGA
Length: :56
Size: 4.64 MB
Format: WMV
Link: Direct Link

Made for Challenge #1: Scared to Death on fanvidchallenge and kinda in response to ElizabethSH 's post here

Just wondering, does it show I've been home sick since Thursday? I've had more spare time in the last week than the rest of the year combined. I should call in sick more often.
ElizabethSH Female
Lieutenant

Mood: Lot of snow = me very crazy happy! :D

[*] posted on 21-10-2007 at 10:51 PM

My god that was ... special!

I definitetly (?) think it is really funny! Lyrics seem to fit in a ... (don't have another word) funny way!

Nothing bugged me in the edition part and you've got the element of surprise (wasn't expecting it at all, The Real World to that song and with that -found another word- amazing perspective, no, really, you got me there!)

I liked it, especially the "let him go", "let me go", "we won't let you go" part. Nice selection of clips!

EDIT: I'll add something ... I think it is cool that with the song it kind of have a funny tone and a sarcastic-kind-of tone that makes it darker and if you turn the music off, you could feel that the vid isn't happy or, at least, funny. Which makes it very special and cool!

http://elizabethsh.iquebec.com/images/banweir.gif
Image made by Helia SH.

"Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn ho to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen."
- John Steinbeck

http://elizabethsh.livejournal.com
Korat
Lieutenant

Mood: sleep deprived.

[*] posted on 22-10-2007 at 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ElizabethSH
My god that was ... special!

Thank you... I Think.

Re watching the vid I can see what you mean by it being 'funny', I didn't think about that in the making. I was kinda going for serious/scary, but I guess funny also applies a little bit. The song choice is a testament to how my brain works when I'm sick, strange things start to happen. I have spare time....beware......
Gater Female
Supreme Commander of the Kawooshers

Mood: busy, as usual

[*] posted on 2-11-2007 at 01:15 AM

*rofl*

Sorry... I just read that it wasn't meant to be funny, but I thought it was! Not in a humorous way as such, just a... yeah, sarcastic, I'll go with ElizabethSH. It really made me grin as soon as the piano started playing because I knew you'd do the "silhouetto of a man"!

I loved the "no, we will not let you go" bits, it was really well done!

My only personal pedantic nitpick. I wish it didn't fade out at the end. I think I'd prefer it if it finished on the last "no!" and *bam* cut *cue credits* by fading it out, I thought it just lost its sharpness and wit.

Happy vidding!

(",) Gater

Kawoosh! Stargate Music Videos
http://kawoosh.co.uk

Gater on LJ
http://puddlejumping.co.uk

I don't read. I vid.

Have you read the forum guidelines?

Oath's suck. *rofl*
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
MythQueen Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 16-11-2007 at 12:19 AM

That was dark! It had an air of panic to it (I'm not sure how else to describe it) that the quick, bouncy music added to in a wierd way. The sequence with the 'let me go we will not let you go' really showed Elizabeth's desperation to escape. Very intense with Elizabeth's confusion I think.
Korat
Lieutenant

Mood: sleep deprived.

[*] posted on 16-11-2007 at 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gater
*rofl*

Sorry... I just read that it wasn't meant to be funny, but I thought it was!

Re-watching this awake and not sick, I think I have to agree with you. I can't even remember making/posting this, so was really suprised to see it. It was like watching it for the first time.
Now that I'm finally better (5 weeks later...gah) looking at this agian I can see several areas that are not very strong, the ending like you mention was one. On the other hand, there is elements in this vid where I go... What, why can't I think of that when I'm alive?

Quote:
Originally posted by MythQueen
That was dark! It had an air of panic to it (I'm not sure how else to describe it) that the quick, bouncy music added to in a wierd way.

I agree completely, Bouncy music + Dark vid = Strangeness

Go To Top