Humour Challenge - Take Me or Leave Me

Vid Title: Take Me or Leave Me
Song Title: Take Me or Leave Me
Song Artist: Idina Menzel and Tracie Thoms
Pairing/Character: McKay/Sheppard
Category: humour
Length/Size/Format 4.09/15.8 MB/.wmv
Link: on my website

disclaimer thingy: Well, since this was made for the Humour Challenge, I don't really mean it to be serious. It is a John/Rodney vid but since I'm not much into slash, it's really for fun. (I mean no disrepect to any slashers; y'all are entitled to your preferences).

vidder's note: For those of you who have never seen the movie "Rent", this song is between two lesbian lovers. When I heard it, I thought it would be hilarious to do a male slash vid to it, and I just couldn't resist trying it out on John and Rodney. I hope the POV isn't too hard to follow. The woman who sings for the longer first part of the song(Idina/"Maureen") is supposed to be John, and the woman with the slightly lower voice(Tracie/"Joanne") is supposed to be Rodney. I hope y'all enjoy!

jemo in vidding; the-Bookworm-Princess in fanfiction; puckmarin on Youtube; and bookwormprinces on LiveJournal
plincessreia
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 10-8-2007 at 12:11 AM

I love this vid. So. Much.

It's funny! It's sexy! It's angsty! It's pretty! It's all of these things and much much more! For only-- er, I mean, I love it lots and lots and lots.

My favorite part is hard to choose. The dialog at the beginning is bloomin' hilarious. The "I choose you" line where John grabs Rodney's vest makes me giggle. The running away to do questionable things toward the end is really funny. I just love the whole thing!!

I haven't seen Rent but I didn't find the POV too hard to follow. You did well with that. :)
susu
Lieutenant

smile.gif posted on 10-8-2007 at 09:24 AM

Take me baby! I love this vid, you have some great clips. Well done.
jemo Female
Lieutenant

Mood: squee!

[*] posted on 10-8-2007 at 07:35 PM

Thank you both! ^_^ I can just see John jumping up on the table and belting this out to Rodney. *giggles*

jemo in vidding; the-Bookworm-Princess in fanfiction; puckmarin on Youtube; and bookwormprinces on LiveJournal
jemo Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 16-8-2007 at 04:48 AM

Well, I don't know if it was because of this vid or not, but all my bandwidth got used up. So I've provided a secondary link on my webpage. People, PLEASE right-click and "save as". Thank you.

Stargate_sg1_luver
Major

Mood: Dude, Wait... What?

[*] posted on 16-8-2007 at 08:43 PM

first of all:

I <3 RENT

Secondly:

I had to watch is twice because I put it on the out loud speakers and blasted it, some my mom sister and I were all singing really loudly/badly

Thirdly (is that a word?):

Well done. In a few spots you seemed to have gotten Shep and Rodney for the wrong parts, but only once or twice . Well done other then that, good job!

LJ = Vita_Candeo
Editer name = Equus
Website = Eternal-Afterglow
Fanfiction = Kodiak's Sweet Breath
http://www.eternal-afterglow.net/gallery/albums/Banners/tori_banner.jpg
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
dkwilliams
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 16-8-2007 at 09:05 PM

I love this vid! It was so funny, I could just see them exchanging the dialog and the parts you assigned to them were perfect. The clips were great, the cutting was marvelous, and it was just so funny and hot in a way. I watched it about 4 times in a row.

http://diana.slashcity.com/images/sgavid1.jpg
jemo Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 17-8-2007 at 05:00 AM

stargate_sg1_luver, I'm glad you liked it. So sorry you couldn't get yours in.

dkwilliams, thank you! It amuses me that you called it "hot in a way". *giggles* And four times? Oh, you make me so happy! *blushes*

UhSir Female
Captain

Mood: Pretty good, thank you!

[*] posted on 18-8-2007 at 04:12 AM

Very funny matching up the clips; body movements, expressions. :D
Great job with the "lip-syncing"
Some of the spots were kind of slow or confusing but maybe I just don't understand them?
My favorite spot is ~3:00 where McKay is pinching the air. ROFL!

++++++++++++++++++
Vidding since December 2005.

Hardware: ASUS G73SW-A1, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M (4095 MB, DirectX 11, Shader Model 5), Dual 500 GB internal hard drives.

Software: Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows Movie Maker 6, DVD Shrink, Windows Media Encoder 9, Freemake Video Converter, Audacity.
Ktbean
Sergeant

[*] posted on 19-8-2007 at 06:20 AM

I love the dialog in the front. Women in rubber...huh.. I now need to see rent. I like how you matched up the guys with the voices. Rodney really fits the second part.
jemo Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 20-8-2007 at 05:40 AM

UhSir, thanks! I had a great time matching up the expressions with the lyrics. Sorry if a few places were confusing; I know it all made sense in my head. ^_^

Ktbean, heck yes women in rubber. You must see Rent. It's a fairly decent movie, and the music is amazing. And, yes, Rodney is totally Joanne. Control freak, sometimes snobbish, over-attentive, a geek...it doesn't get much more Rodney than that. :D

Shenon Female
Lieutenant

Mood: busy as always

[*] posted on 21-8-2007 at 10:23 AM

lol! I was happy that I could understand almost the whole lyrics (without looking for it) so I very enjoyed it. The clips what u chose was so excellent, I loved them. (for example when there is something like "I hate mess".., and the "leave me2 parts...etc.)
A great video form u, again. :)
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
ElizabethSH Female
Lieutenant

Mood: Lot of snow = me very crazy happy! :D

[*] posted on 25-8-2007 at 05:09 PM

I liked it even though I am not a big John/Rodney pairing fan. Clips and music were well chosen and well matched. I really appreciate the intro (before the music starts) it really fits in. Well done!

http://elizabethsh.iquebec.com/images/banweir.gif
Image made by Helia SH.

"Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn ho to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen."
- John Steinbeck

http://elizabethsh.livejournal.com
jemo Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 28-8-2007 at 09:30 PM

Shenon, I'm glad that you could mostly understand the lyrics, and thanks for the feedback.

ElizabethSH, I'm not a big John/Rodney fan either, but when the idea came to me... ^_^ I'm glad you liked the intro! I think it's probably my favorite part, too. "I didn't stay at the kink club last night because YOU wanted to go home." :D

Samus McAslan Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 29-8-2007 at 11:22 AM

Heehee...very nice. Very well matched. Can't believe it took me until now to get around to watching it.

Gater Female
Supreme Commander of the Kawooshers

Mood: busy, as usual

[*] posted on 1-9-2007 at 10:32 PM

I loved this vid. A LOT. And that's coming from a McShep slasher. =) I personally prefer humour McShep vids to serious ones... serious ones are almost shippy... and shippy... *pulls a face* ...anyway! Back to your vid!

You chose such perfect clips and scenes to match the music and lyrics. Facial expressions, hand gestures, the works. It was very well edited and very well done, I was very impressed! Grinned all the way through!

Congrats!!!

Happy vidding!

(",) Gater

Kawoosh! Stargate Music Videos
http://kawoosh.co.uk

Gater on LJ
http://puddlejumping.co.uk

I don't read. I vid.

Have you read the forum guidelines?

Oath's suck. *rofl*
jemo Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 2-9-2007 at 09:11 PM

Thank you both! I really tried to match everything really well, because I knew it could be done. I knew all the gestures and expressions were there; I just had to rewatch several eps to find them. ^_^

My mom watches all my vids, 'cause she loves the show, and I'd had this vid bunny for a while but couldn't think of an excuse to make it. When the humor challenge came around, though, I was like, "YES! EXCUSE!" She still thought it shameful, but she'll get over it. ^_^

Go To Top