Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/header.php on line 202
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum - New Vid: Season Four Trailer - Powered by XMB
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: New Vid: Season Four Trailer
Indiana
Sergeant

cool.gif posted on 27-12-2004 at 10:40 PM
Season Four Trailer

Hey there,

1st post here by me. I'm not sure if you accept this as a music vid or not because it was made as a trailer rather than a music video. Featuring dialogue and sound effects.

I'll supply the link at the bottom, but just some notes first. Captured the footage from VHS, which explains the bad quality. However, I had to capture footage, without the sound. For dialouge I used MP3's I downloaded from Phillips Screen capture archive and synced all the dialogue up with the clips.

Was made on Windows based format with Adobe Premiere just as season four had finished so this is about 4 years old. Season five had not aired.

My fave bit happens to be the bit where we see Sam looking at a Sun in a breifing. She says, "This is the sun that Vorash is orbiting" <cut to closeup of Jacob who says> "We wanna blow it up" <Cut to shot of the sun blowing up>. Why was I pleased with this cut? Because when the season five opener, Enemies aired they used the same cut for their "previously on" as I had done. Now, not saying they copied me. They couldn't have, because this was locked in my PC, but it went to show me I was doing not bad as an editor. I had made this cut before the season five premier aired so I wasn't copying them.

All the Sound FX in this trailer also had to be added in sperately as I couldnt capture sound. The noise of the sun blowing up was the sound effect of the pyramid blowing up in the Stargate movie and Ra's screaming voice. I think it fits well. I used other Sound effects to add to some other visuals such as wooshing noises, random replicator sounds, explosions, staff weapon fire etc.

As far as telling an overall story of the season it doesn't do much, but I think it's a good wee bunch of clips.

The music used in this trailer is "Escape" by Craig Armstrong, which is from the Plunkett and MacCleane soundtrack. This music was also used in the trailers for The Patriot and The Musketeer.

The file is just over 3mb in size and the trailer clocks in at 1 minute and 20 seconds. The format is Quicktime:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/

The url to the file is:
http://www.stargatesg-1.net/foghorn_films/sg1_season4_trailer_large.mov

Enjoy! :)

-Colin Smith
StargateSG-1.NET and Foghorn Films
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
Marky G
Lieutenant

Mood: For Scotland!

[*] posted on 28-12-2004 at 12:57 PM

Very Nice indeed. It makes a nice change from some of the normal music vids you get out there. The only major thing I can say that bothered me a little was the quality but as you've already explained the reason for this I wont say anymore about it. Sound was well added and had I not already seen season 4 I would definatly be looking forward to watching it after seeing that.

The only advice I can offer is that if you want to continue making music vids (which I think definately should) You should buy the DVD's, which I think are only ?24.99 per season box set at the moment, and use DVD Decrytor to get what you need. You will also be able to get the audio from the episode at a high quality too.

That aside though, I loved the video and I look forward to seeing many more.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 28-12-2004 at 02:28 PM

Well, it's certainly a trailer vid in the truest sense of the word, and considering the limitations you listed, I think you did well! I actually didn't think the quality was all that bad for VHS and you've matched up the sound well. Do you have any other vids you've made?

And welcome to the forum, Indiana :)
Indiana
Sergeant

[*] posted on 29-12-2004 at 12:53 AM

I have a few more videos actually. I do have the DVDs now, but don't yet have the ability/eqipment anymore to make music videos yet. I am saving up for an eMac with FInal Cut Pro so I can make movies as well as some more SG videos.

The trailer I made up above was made back in 2000 so I didnt have a DVD player and the season 4 dvds were'nt out yet I think.

I've got two more videos, which are actually just TV spots for two episodes...."Shades of Grey" and "Holiday". I shall upload these ones when I can. They are only 30 seconds long because I really only wanted to make TV spots that could be put online so it's more of an advert for someone who hasn't seen it rather than a tribute to an episode. I actually prefer the idea of making trailers and TV spots to music videos, but I do have a few music vid ideas I'd like to try out soon. I've also got a few ideas for alternative opening titles for Stargate.

Marky G - I see your from Scotland too! I've noticed a lot of Scots like a Beckett avatar :)

http://www.stargatesg-1.net/rand/talk.jpg http://img155.exs.cx/img155/9646/flyingtheflag2bd.jpg
"I think we're gonna need a bigger boat" - Major Sheppard

Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 29-12-2004 at 11:41 AM

Quote:

I've also got a few ideas for alternative opening titles for Stargate.

Then maybe you'd like to check out the challenge we did on the old forum some time back:

Title Credits Challenge
Marky G
Lieutenant

Mood: For Scotland!

[*] posted on 29-12-2004 at 12:19 PM

Beckett is not a very good example of a Scottish person at all. Hes a whiney wee nag but hes scottish, so I support him.

Long live Beckett!

Indiana
Sergeant

[*] posted on 29-12-2004 at 10:08 PM

The scots are always naggers. nagging about something. it's either too cold..or too hot. Someobdys driving on the road to fast, or too slow....but mostly its the weather! :D

Muppet - I'll look into them challenges. Are they still open?

And did some maths yesterday I may be up and running with my edit suite in about two months if I save my pennies well ;)

http://www.stargatesg-1.net/rand/talk.jpg http://img155.exs.cx/img155/9646/flyingtheflag2bd.jpg

Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 29-12-2004 at 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Indiana

Muppet - I'll look into them challenges. Are they still open?

No, it finished a while back, just thought you might like to take a look as you mentioned alternative title openings for Stargate - which this sort of was!
SNY
Lieutenant

Mood: Happy ^^

[*] posted on 30-12-2004 at 12:25 AM

Hey! It's a good trailer!

And I love the music, it's the same track that I used for one of my music vids (Fate) ;)

SNY :D

"Aprendamos a so?ar, quiz?s as? encontremos la verdad"

~~~ ^^ SNY's art ^^ EL Trastero ^^ ~~~

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/SNY/banner_snyart.gif
cherry brandy
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 30-12-2004 at 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Indiana
The scots are always naggers. nagging about something. it's either too cold..or too hot. Someobdys driving on the road to fast, or too slow....but mostly its the weather! :D

that sounds alot like my boyfriend and he's not scottish.
Really liked the trailer btw thought it was cool and groovy.
Indiana
Sergeant

[*] posted on 1-1-2005 at 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SNY
Hey! It's a good trailer!

And I love the music, it's the same track that I used for one of my music vids (Fate) ;)

SNY :D

Took a look at it, wasn't what I was thinking. I would be completely re-imagining the opening titles rather than use existing clips. I've got a couple ideas, but I don't want to give them away until I've done it.

Oh, I once did something with the opening titles, but it was just a lay over of atlernate music. it was just the opening titles with the Stargate trance music instead of the normal one:
http://www.stargatesg-1.net/multimedia/video/crazy_credits_trance_1.zip
The file is zipped, but it's quicktime.

Go To Top