Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Country Challenge - Backwards
jemo Female
Lieutenant

Mood: squee!

[*] posted on 19-6-2007 at 09:08 PM
Country Challenge - Backwards

Well, I was having WMM issues like you wouldn't believe and afterThought said I could have a wee bit longer. Madam Challenge Manager, I thank you so much for your generous offer! I finally managed to get the dang program to save my dang vid and here it is! Good luck, everybody! ^_^

Vid Title: Backwards
Song Title: Backwards
Song Artist: Rascal Flatts
Category: Team and Humor, I suppose
Series: just SG-1 this time
Length/Size/Format: 3.42/14 MB/wmv
Link: here on my website

When I first heard this song and heard the line "You get your best friend Jack back", I thought of "200", but since I was already in the middle of, like, four vids, I put the idea on the shelf. When this challenge came around, however, I was like "Oh, yeah. Let's do it." ^_^ Now, there are a few lines that I will admit I could not for the life of me find a footage match for (mainly the "washing machine" and the "mower"). Oh, well; I'm still happy with it. I hope y'all enjoy! ^_^

jemo in vidding; the-Bookworm-Princess in fanfiction; puckmarin on Youtube; and bookwormprinces on LiveJournal
Helen
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 21-6-2007 at 11:26 PM

tehe, this one was funny :D
lots of nice scenes that fitted with the music, aswell with playing some scenes bacwards.

must been a fun video to do :)
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
jemo Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 21-6-2007 at 11:49 PM

Thanks, Helen! I'm glad you were amused. It was a fun video to do, but the backwards scenes were a pain in the rear end, cause WMM doesn't actually have a "backwards" effect. I've decided that my next vid is going to be uber simple. ^_^

jemo in vidding; the-Bookworm-Princess in fanfiction; puckmarin on Youtube; and bookwormprinces on LiveJournal
yokiem
Sergeant

[*] posted on 22-6-2007 at 02:17 AM

This vid was fantastic!!! I loved the lyrics and you matched them up so well. Your editing was really great, especially the reversed ones! Really funny vid!
tearful eye
Lieutenant

Mood: grklmbwgfsklmgwrl.

[*] posted on 22-6-2007 at 05:55 PM

very nice! lol. also loved the backwards clips, fits perfectly with the lyrics.
& you're right: 'get your best friend jack back' = perfect. & i love this clip from '200'
jemo Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 22-6-2007 at 08:15 PM

Thanks, yokiem and tearful eye! Y'all's comments made me happy. ^_^ tearful, that "200" clip is my favorite part, too. :D

Nebulan Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 24-6-2007 at 11:58 PM

Bwhahaha!! I think my favorite parts was "you get your first and second wife back" with teal'c, I dunno why :P just grand :D

jemo Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 25-6-2007 at 04:29 AM

Thanks, Nebluan. Heeeeee! Yes! That line was fun. It was one of those clip choices that just came to mind as I listened. I didn't have to ponder on it too long. ^_^

Shenon Female
Lieutenant

Mood: busy as always

[*] posted on 28-6-2007 at 08:11 PM

What an amazing editing! And how cool ideas! I really really loved what u done in this video! Congrats to it! I will watch it many times (and show off to my friends, hehe) Good luck in the challenge!
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
jemo Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 29-6-2007 at 02:40 AM

*blushes* Thank you so much, Shenon! ^_^

Korat
Lieutenant

Mood: sleep deprived.

[*] posted on 29-6-2007 at 06:25 PM

I love this Vid. You said this was done with WMM, I'm amazed, how on earth do you do it? I can never get WMM to work for more than 30 seconds.

I love the opening shot of Jack and his yo-yo. The next few clips are a little to lyric based for my taste, but there's not much that could be done for that, I enjoyed the clips you chose. The Daniel Sitting down scene at 0.13 was well done, congratulations.

The backwards effect! I really like it. Question though, your on WMM right, how did you make it go backwards? I know of one way, to take a picture of every single frame then piece them together in reverse order. If you used that method, I commend your immense patience.

The fast part that begins at 0.43 is incredibly well done the clips match well with the lyrics, I really like the scene at 0.46, hilarious. For the most part the timing in this section is good, though the in the section form 0.53-4 I find the timing was just a smidgen off.

At 1:01 there that backwards effect again, this one doesn't look as good as the last one, but is just as effective.

1:11-1:14 is so funny,then again at 1:23-1:25. these section made me crack up, great clip choices.

Through the next fast section I really liked some of the clip choices, especially placing the Gate as the Washing machine, very amusing. Though I would have put a MALP as the mower, just because that what my Grandmas mower looks like.

Impeccable timing at 1:56-7 Daniel punches Vala right in time with the music, and again at2:02-3, I like how Sam flies through the gate to the long note on the Violin, amazing.

I didn't really like the scene an 2:18 with the words on the screen, because of the mild language. There's not much you could have done about that though. The rapid sequence that follows that is quite well done, good job.

The scene at 2:28 with Teal'c, hilarious. Well, that hair funny anyways but great choice. I also liked the rest of the fast sequence afterwards.

I thought the song could have ended at the Vala scene at 2:59-3:09, the rest of the song feels, well pointless.

I liked seeing Sam blowing bubbles at 3:20, I really like that clip. then right afterwards Cam doing his shooting fingers thing right on time with the music, well done.

All in all. this is a really good video edit, and I love the song. I do have one question though, at the end it says that the vid is dedicated to your mother, why is that?
jemo Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 30-6-2007 at 05:49 AM

Thank you so much for your constructive feedback, Korat. I'm not at all opposed to "I really liked this vid; this was my favorite part...", but when you make suggestions or tell me what you didn't like, it helps for next time. ^_^

Quote:
Originally posted by Korat
You said this was done with WMM, I'm amazed, how on earth do you do it? I can never get WMM to work for more than 30 seconds.

You don't even want to know the misery I went through trying to get it to work. It went fine like it normally does until I got back from camp the Saturday morning before the deadline. And then I had like...5 clips to place in the vid, two of them being backward effects. And the dang thing would. not. save. Anyways, two days later, I was able to make it work, and afterThought was gracious enough to accept it late.

Quote:
The backwards effect! I really like it. Question though, your on WMM right, how did you make it go backwards? I know of one way, to take a picture of every single frame then piece them together in reverse order. If you used that method, I commend your immense patience.

omgosh, that is I did it. NEVER. AGAIN. I'd done a really short reverse in a vid before, and it only took like...maybe 15 pictures. This vid had a grand, whopping total of five-hundred something. *dies* But I'm happy with it, and that's all that matters. Though, I don't know why the Vala jumping on Teal'c one you mentioned went wonky on me. Something was wrong with the pictures, I guess.

Quote:

Through the next fast section I really liked some of the clip choices, especially placing the Gate as the Washing machine, very amusing. Though I would have put a MALP as the mower, just because that what my Grandmas mower looks like.

Dude! I love that idea! That was one of my last minute clips that I was just like, "omgosh, I am SO exhuated from camp, what should I pick? Hmm...how about a guard?"

Quote:

I thought the song could have ended at the Vala scene at 2:59-3:09, the rest of the song feels, well pointless.

Yeah, when I'm listening to the song, I normally skip to the next one at that point, b/c the long outro bugs me. But I didn't really know how to trim it off and fade it out for the vid, so I just left it in. *shrugs*

Quote:
I do have one question though, at the end it says that the vid is dedicated to your mother, why is that?

lol. She really, really likes this song, and I figured she'd love the vid(omg, everytime I come home from someplace, she's watching it...), and my mom is really awesome. So, I just thought I'd dedicate it to her. ^_^

UhSir Female
Captain

Mood: Pretty good, thank you!

[*] posted on 5-7-2007 at 02:14 AM

ROFLMAO!
Good stuff: Everything.
Not-so-good stuff: Nothing.
This video is fantastic. I love everything about it. You did a great job with it, all around.
I'm so glad you were able to get this entered.

++++++++++++++++++
Vidding since December 2005.

Hardware: ASUS G73SW-A1, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M (4095 MB, DirectX 11, Shader Model 5), Dual 500 GB internal hard drives.

Software: Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows Movie Maker 6, DVD Shrink, Windows Media Encoder 9, Freemake Video Converter, Audacity.
Chayiana Female
Lieutenant

Mood: busy ;o)

[*] posted on 5-7-2007 at 08:21 PM

This was really, really great! Wow!
A firework of well fitting clips!! And your timing was amazing!!

I totally loved it!!!:D
PansyChubb
Sergeant

[*] posted on 6-7-2007 at 02:01 AM
GREAT!

I loved this vid, and I'm not even that in to SG-1! (I'm an Atlantis fan.)

I thought it was so great that I'm going to watch it again and give feedback as it comes to me:

" . . . Tennessee" - in the desert - haha!

" . . . hard times . . . tear stains . . ." - oh, poor Daniel - great clip choice

"best friend Jack back" - perfect clip choice

". . . Harley" - teeheehee, spaceships

Nice job with the reverse-motion clips - good bookending

"nerves back . . ." - haven't seen that episode, but great clip choice

"washing machine" - I think the Stargate was a perfect choice for that lyric! quite funny

"back when you don't know her" - hahaha, Vala . . .

"absurd" - I always love Jack's "WACKO!" clip

The start of the fiddle music with Felger shooting in a circle - hilarious

CRAP - nicely done

"pretty little thing" - nice clip choice with Sam all done up

"sounds a little crazy" - Daniel jumping around in a circle - haven't seen that episode, either, but the clip made me smile

Oh, and you dedicated it to your mom? That's so sweet!

Thanks for the entertainment!

:-)
-Pansy Chubb

P.S. I showed it to my friend who is not into Stargate AT ALL (she's kind of anti-sci-fi) and even she liked it! -P.C.
jemo Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 6-7-2007 at 05:04 AM

Awww. Thanks so much, you guys! Your comments made me so happy after our lame 5th of July fireworks show(we got rained out last night).

PansyChubb, I'm glad it entertained you even though SG-1 isn't your favorite. ^_^

dkwilliams
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 6-7-2007 at 06:09 PM

Gosh, I wish that life worked that way! And I loved the Jack/Daniel vibe in this.

http://diana.slashcity.com/images/sgavid1.jpg
jemo Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 7-7-2007 at 04:50 AM

That would be nice, wouldn't it? ^_^

And, heavens no! Jack and Daniel are BFF! *laughs*

cabenson
Sergeant

[*] posted on 8-7-2007 at 04:14 PM

This is just wonderful! Too many delightful parts to detail. Very well done!
jemo Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 9-7-2007 at 04:47 AM

Thank you! ^_^

destinyksofsb
Airman

[*] posted on 15-7-2007 at 10:14 PM

very nicely done!!

Go To Top