Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/header.php on line 202
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum - Season 3 Tribute - Powered by XMB
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Season 3 Tribute
Nebulan Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 29-4-2007 at 02:19 AM
Season 3 Tribute

Vid Title: Season 3 Tribute
Song Title: Lepcis Magna
Song Artist: E.S. Posthumus
Pairing/Character:
Category: Team Action Season 3
Length: 3:35
Size: 18.8 MB
Format: WMV
Link: http://mcweir.com/vids/Nebulan/lepcismagna.wmv (please right-click and save target as)
stream from livevideo

Spoilers: Biggest spoilers are for "Sunday" and "First Strike". I have clips from every episode (in season 3) but besides those two, other episode I have a lot of clips from are "Progeny", "Tao of Rodney" and "Return II"

Yay! It's done :) I'm not thrilled with how it turned out but hey it's done, lol. Last year I made a team/action vid for season 2, it seemed only fitting to do some for season 3. Made with good ol windows movie maker.

Now I'm gonna go watch everyone else's so far :D

yokiem
Sergeant

[*] posted on 29-4-2007 at 05:08 AM

Ooo... that was good! I loved the beginning part and throughout the whole vid you really chose the clips well for the music. And I love the use of that clip used when the singing first starts.
UhSir Female
Captain

Mood: Pretty good, thank you!

[*] posted on 29-4-2007 at 07:34 AM

Wow! I loved it! I won't list each detail that I love cuz I think "everything" will cover it.
My most favorites:
0:31 great shot, pan shot of Atlantis
1:24 another pan shot
1:35 nice timing
1:40 bad guys BOO wait, Jack's not a bad guy! :D
1:56 very cool, the three shots on beat
Awesome ending!! Very emotional.
Now this makes me want to start watching SGA again.

++++++++++++++++++
Vidding since December 2005.

Hardware: ASUS G73SW-A1, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M (4095 MB, DirectX 11, Shader Model 5), Dual 500 GB internal hard drives.

Software: Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows Movie Maker 6, DVD Shrink, Windows Media Encoder 9, Freemake Video Converter, Audacity.
Shenon Female
Lieutenant

Mood: busy as always

[*] posted on 29-4-2007 at 02:01 PM

Hey!
I liked your vid, there were familiar scenes to my video, the ending is the same too. :)
I very liked the starting (to 0.33), I see u also put here action scenes like I tried. :) Also liked the choir parts, good clip choices.
I'm glad u also made the video to the whole song.:) Good job.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
Nebulan Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 29-4-2007 at 06:58 PM

Thanks Yokiem *hugs*

UhSir, thanks :) yeah the bad guy section kinda turned into bad guys and other problems, lol. you should watch SGA! I love it. it took me a while to get converted over from SG1 but now I'm hooked :D

Shenon, I like how we did similar vids :D our endings are similar, but I like yours better!

Chayiana Female
Lieutenant

Mood: busy ;o)

[*] posted on 30-4-2007 at 07:49 AM

Hi,
that was a really great vid. And although the theme of it is pretty similar to Shenon's, IMO it turned out completely different.
Loved your choice of clips, especially when you showed almost each charakter of the third season, the good and bad ones.
And I really loved the nice shots of atlantis!
Great work!
plincessreia
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 2-5-2007 at 12:52 PM

I can't really add much to what people have already said, but I like it! I love how you give each character an appearance, even the "smaller" ones. And it does fit the music quite well.

Well done. :)
Korat
Lieutenant

Mood: sleep deprived.

[*] posted on 3-5-2007 at 12:18 AM

What an interesting Video, I loved how you broke it up into sections and vidded acordingly.

The first thing that I noticed was the amazing timing in the entire vid. I rather liked the missile firing up right on time at .12 and then the jumper breaking throught the wall at .17, coming out of the water at .20, Radek at 51, and the minor Character pointing his hand at 1.16. I really liked how at the begining of the singing section you placed the atlantis team staring in awe at the Atlantis city mimic. Then following it up with the Lights flicking on. These clips fit the music so well. The rest of the timing in this Video was also very good.

the atlantis transition clips were a good idea, but it felt rather sudden to me. I also noticed that durring the minor character section you did not take advantage of the cymbal crashes, Why not, they just scream for somthing to happen?

The timing in the singing section was exceptional, unfortunaly I have yet to watch that episode and well, was a little confused, Atlantis Flying, since when.

I really liked the bad-guy-and-other-problems section, it captured their scariness perfectly. my favourite clip was the guy disolving in front of the gate, way cool.

The next point of interest for me was the Becket fishing scene at 2:41, such good timing and a hilarious clip.

Then followed shortly after by the explosion sequence That was amazing, did it all happen at once in the actual episode?

I really like the perfectly synced explosion clip at 3:06, although the next explosion at 3:10 is not so well placed.

Aterward the tension builts so nice, but I have one Question, how can they be escaping through the gate when the city is flying?

I love the cliff hanger ending, all in all a vid well done.

ElizabethSH Female
Lieutenant

Mood: Lot of snow = me very crazy happy! :D

[*] posted on 3-5-2007 at 08:53 PM

Very good! I really liked your beginning, full of action, full of pictures, full 'tout bon' (french meaning 'all great') !! :)

And the scene at 2:06 was it taken from 'Vengeance'? I don't remember seeing it lately.

Love the down they have at 2:32-2:40. Very sad!

Great choirs opening with the city getting out from the water at 2:50. But I can't help but remember, when it gets out from the water (2:50) and then fly out (2:56) to then be submerged again (3:08), Rodney Mckay saying very annoyed "It is a city not a yo-yo"!! Don't worry it is not something bad, just a little joke :P

Good work and I wish you good luck!

http://elizabethsh.iquebec.com/images/banweir.gif
Image made by Helia SH.

"Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn ho to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen."
- John Steinbeck

http://elizabethsh.livejournal.com
Nebulan Female
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 7-5-2007 at 03:52 PM

Thanks everyone :)

Korat:
No, the carson explosion was from "sunday" and the weir explosion was from "first strike". I just felt like putting them together. yeah, I didn't really order the clips at the end to make sense.
Thanks for your comments :) Most of the timing you liked is probably from luck, lol!

ElizabethSH:
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it :D
yes, the walking through the field scene is from Vengeance. Lol, yeah, I probably should have planned that ending better ^^;

Go To Top