Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/header.php on line 202
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum - Aftermath: A trailer vid - Powered by XMB
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Aftermath: A trailer vid
Rae Female
Lieutenant

Mood: Introspective

[*] posted on 7-4-2007 at 08:49 AM
Aftermath: A trailer vid

This is a trailer for a fic that I'm writing that will be posted sometime this summer.

Fandom: SG-1
Story summary: Sam is forever altered after disappearing during a routine mission.
Pairings: S/J, Team
Music: Ascension from Moulin Rouge OST and Zombie by The Cranberries
Length: 2.35
Format: WMV
Spoilers: none
Size: 7 & 16 mb

Download here: eternaldevotion.com

I'd love to hear what you all think of it. Good or Bad. Thanks.

"Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people." ~Spencer Johnson
Helen
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 7-4-2007 at 10:37 AM

woot.. I'm interested in reading that fic!
the trailer was nicely done. even my sister who was doing something in the background stopped and watched the trailer, asking me after a few seconds which episode this was from. ;)
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

Mood: Coffee... need coffee!!

[*] posted on 7-4-2007 at 02:38 PM

Hey Rae - I thought the first 1:32 was perfect - perfect timing with the fade in/out with text and images. Perfect clip choice and timing with the music (I especially liked the section with 'yourself' and 'to get it all back' - worked really well with the change in music).

At 1:32 with the intro to the Zombie track I felt a little jarred - after going through the haunting, flowing first bit to sudden hard hitting beats. But besides that, it almost felt as if your images were too soft for the music. Maybe it's because I'm really familiar with Zombie 'cause I vidded it, but those beats are hard and demanding attention. But when watching it against slow or non-action clips like 2:00-2:04 it felt off. Your segue into the new music 1:32-1:35 was great - you hyped the cutting of clips with your music. But then your 'this summer' at 1:35 I think held on too long. It would have been fine with the slower music but with the quick beats, it felt like it should have been faster and maybe with a flash of white or something? I found this true with all of the text portions of this section. 2:07 to the end I thought was fine - cause your pacing of clips went with the music.

But overall - it's a good trailer... maybe I'm just picky, lol! I know how difficult these trailers can be. Good job. :)

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/after_thought_/MyBannercompletesmaller-1.jpg
Rae Female
Lieutenant

Mood: Introspective

[*] posted on 7-4-2007 at 03:06 PM

Thanks Helen. :) That really brightens my whole day! And that fic should be posted late June/early July.

afterThought: I totally agree with you. lol This vid was started on a friends computer and I left it there for nearly a year because I was going to add voice overs (which didn't work out). In the meantime, my friend hijacked my vid across the country to WA state and had to finish a few things on it for me. As I hadn't seen the video in several months and I feel that in that time I've grown some as a vidder a lot of the scenes seemed off to me. Even in the first segment of the video. But short of revidding the whole thing which I've already done twice, I just decided to let it go. I've decided to save my nitpicking ability for the actual story which I've lost and have to find. :$ So, yeah, totally agree with everything you pointed out. Who knows? I may end up redoing it at some point in the future but right now...I just grit my teeth and accept that which I cannot change.

Thanks again to both of you for commenting. It's my drug of choice.:love:

"Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people." ~Spencer Johnson
afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

Mood: Coffee... need coffee!!

[*] posted on 7-4-2007 at 03:09 PM

Ha, ha - no problem! Hope you find it - looks like you're gonna have people waiting for it! :)

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/after_thought_/MyBannercompletesmaller-1.jpg
ZiMarquise Female
Lieutenant

Mood: another wonderful day in the land of OZ

[*] posted on 16-4-2007 at 05:51 AM

I loved it...not really "qualified" to give constructive critizism, so it was a bangin' vid.

Go To Top