Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/header.php on line 202
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum - Vid: Gloomy Sunday - Powered by XMB
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Vid: Gloomy Sunday
Rae Female
Lieutenant

Mood: Introspective

[*] posted on 1-4-2007 at 07:06 AM
Vid: Gloomy Sunday

Okay, just finished a vid that I've been working on for a few weeks. Here's the details...

Fandom: Atlantis
Spoilers: 3x17 Sunday
Category: Team/Carson
Song: Gloomy Sunday
Artist: Sarah McLachlan
Format: WMV
Length: 2.07
D'ld size: 10 & 22 MB

Located: Here

I cut the song and only used the relevant lyrics.

Sunday is Gloomy,
My hours are slumberless,
Dearest, the shadows I live with are numberless
Little white flowers will never awaken you

Not where the black coach of sorrow has taken you
Angels have no thought of ever returning you
Would they be angry if I thought of joining you
Gloomy Sunday

I wanted to make a video about the loss of Carson instead of a Carson video itself. I hope I succeeded.

"Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people." ~Spencer Johnson
tearful eye
Lieutenant

Mood: grklmbwgfsklmgwrl.

[*] posted on 2-4-2007 at 02:24 PM

very beautiful vid!

the episode was so sad & also your vid is sad, but there is also an element of hope in it (sounds stupid when i say it like this, but it's true) - the very slow pace matches the emotions & even though i like the vid very much i think it's good that you edited the song, because a too long vid in such a slow pace would be a bit boring.

the effect you used to edit the clips was something i had to get used to first - but now i think it's quite beuaitful, i even like how you edited the clip of the explosion & carson's death in a whole different manner, it marks the moment as different & special & a key moment for the rest of the vid.

only in the beginning, i think, the effect is a bit too strong - it's still beautiful, like a tableau being painted, but somehow a bit too much in my opinion, it was the only thing i could concentrate on

another thing i liked very much is that you used clips from all the different activities (zalenka playing chess, ronan & sheppard playing golf, ...) & in the second part used the same scenes with carson there - this gives a very beautiful effect, as if carson's everywhere & loved by all (which is of course true :)

again, a beautiful vid, worth to watch again & again
Rae Female
Lieutenant

Mood: Introspective

[*] posted on 4-4-2007 at 12:58 AM

Thanks for the feedback tearful eye!

The effects were a bit different for me because I usually make really simple vids with a few minor effects. But every clip in this vid had an effect of some sort. Mostly slowed to keep with the melancholy feel of the music but also extreme contrast was used to make the piece substantially darker. I wanted it to feel sleepy and bleak.

I wanted to capture the before and the after of Carson's death. Which is why I brought in the scenes of carson before the procession through the gate.

And the clip of the explosion had to stand out in my mind which is why I used a singularly different effect on it. I'm glad that you noticed and that it didn't seem out of place.

Thanks again for the feedback. I really appreaciate it. :)

"Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people." ~Spencer Johnson
Shenon Female
Lieutenant

Mood: busy as always

[*] posted on 10-4-2007 at 06:45 PM

First of all: I still can't believe that Carson is gone! :(
Great video! I love the song. You really done it well, that u showed like Carson is everytime with the others, I mean that u used the same clips without and with him. The effects are also matched to the mood. I keep this vid. :)

P.S.: HERE is an intresting information and HERE is the story about the song
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
Marky G
Lieutenant

Mood: For Scotland!

[*] posted on 11-4-2007 at 01:09 PM

Excellent video rae. The song was fantastic for the episode. I agree with Shenon, the effect that seemed to run through the entire video was bang on and added an atmosphere to the clips.

The only thing I would say and I'll really just mentioning this because sometimes its good to say something negative, is that some of the transitions between clips were a bit too fast for the pace of the song at that moment.

Just nit picking tho.

Nicely done.:P

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger

Go To Top