biggrin.gif posted on 29-9-2006 at 06:13 PM
Salvation About Meridian - trailer

Video Title: Salvation About Meridian
Song Title / Artist: Salvation by Themes for Orchesta and Choir
Category: A Trailer to the episode Meridian

The length: 2.27
size: 15.7MB
Link to tripod page: click here
or go to my site, stargate vids then episodes page.

This was going to be in the Trailer Challenge as my video, but instead put up my Moebius Trailer.

enjoy :$

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/3653/30114.png
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/edr/Banners/lovedbymanycopy.jpg
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
Cole J
Lieutenant

Mood: Happy to be here!

[*] posted on 30-9-2006 at 08:43 PM

What a lovely Meridian trailer! The music was so moving and the dialogue was such a nice addition to the video.

A few thoughts?

?The meter and beat of this music is extremely hard to find and keep track of most of the time (and I have a degree in music), but I wish that you had tried to space your opening titles and some of your clips in a way that more closely followed the musical line. It looks like you timed the titles in ?seconds apart? rather than according to the music. However, in all fairness, what I am suggesting would be a daunting task and I?m probably the only one who notices those sorts of things in a piece of music this complex! (Picky, picky?I know?but you?re such an experienced, talented vidder, so I thought I?d throw it out to you.)
?0:25 ? You got the drop of the bomb?s contacts right on the heavy downbeat of the music. Nice!
?0:46 ? Janet?s mouth moving while Sam is talking is distracting because it?s so obvious.
?1:32 ? I really like your scene titles, but I wish that you had placed them slightly lower on the frame. At this particular point, the title cuts across the center of Jack?s face and it looks awkward. Besides, why wouldn't we want to see handsome Jack?s face in its entirety? ;)
?1:41 ? Wow! So moving when Jack says, ?Jacob, stop,? and the music suddenly pauses after building to a climax. Very nice!
?1:59 & 2:05-2:10 ? The first flash of Daniel?s ascension and the subsequent character flashes were timed very well to the musical line. I love to see that! The quick clips were comfortable to watch and transitioned nicely.
?2:14 ? Daniel disappeared through the wormhole exactly on a cymbal crash ? perfection!
?2:21 ? I really liked that you let Jack linger a moment and then fade out after the music had finished. It gave me time to react to what I had seen in the company of a friend doing the same.

Again, this is a beautiful Meridian tribute. I think you picked the best of the episode?s video and audio clips and coupled with very expressive music to create a complete, moving story. I never tire of good trailers made from this episode?bravo and thanks for sharing! I did, indeed, enjoy your work!!!
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
Mycenia
Sergeant

[*] posted on 1-10-2006 at 12:52 AM

Wow. The audio and music mesh beautifully. I'm going to echo Cole J's comments, except the music part, the only thing I know about meter is that it hangs out with centi and kilo a lot.

:25 - awesome
1:41-1:46 - the music stops with Jacob asking "Are you serious" *shivers*
The entire ascension sequence and beyond. Beautific.

My suggestions stem from the mind of a creative writing major. Feel free to completely ignore anything I suggest.

When it comes to title flashes, you want to make their words flow as wonderfully as your video and audio.Two things to consider (in my opinion):

The shorter, the more dramatic. Wordiness takes away from the overall effect.

Avoid adverbs like "even", "seem", "barely", "likely" ect. They are weak words.

A few example suggestions. Most fall within the two statements above, so I'll just leave a possible alternative:

"When SG-1 go off world" - I imagine the next line to say "they get in a lot of trouble". This title would do well for a series or season trailer (for someone who hasn't watched before). But as a episode trailer, I think something like "Next time..." would show more familiarity.

"Will end up sacraficing" - "Will sacrafice..."

"That's not even his own" - "That's not his own"

"And this time it seems" - "And this time"

"No one can save him." - kill the period, you didn't use one anywhere else

"Daniel asks Jack one last favor" - "One last favor.." Keep it informal. You show Daniel asking Jack (beautifully), no need to say it as well.

"Jack must let Daniel go" - "Let him go" or "It's time to let him go" Ditto the above comment.

I hope I didn't overstep myself. I get all heady when ot comes to wording sometimes. If so just let me know and I'll leave well enough alone next time.

Overall a lovely, lovely job!!
starlover
Lieutenant

Mood: happy

[*] posted on 1-10-2006 at 11:25 AM

okay i review...my review isn't as detailed as the other ones but still i give you mine...

i really love youre vid...i like that you sometimes would let daniel/jack or someone else talk...i really like this sort of music!

a beatiful meridian tribute(even if its not one of my favorite episodes, i'm not a big daniel fan)

keep up the good work! :)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b15/wyattrulezz/Sigs/sjparadiselostcopy-1.jpg
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
EDR_Emz
Major

Mood: busy bee

[*] posted on 1-10-2006 at 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cole J
What a lovely Meridian trailer! The music was so moving and the dialogue was such a nice addition to the video.

A few thoughts?

?The meter and beat of this music is extremely hard to find and keep track of most of the time (and I have a degree in music), but I wish that you had tried to space your opening titles and some of your clips in a way that more closely followed the musical line. It looks like you timed the titles in ?seconds apart? rather than according to the music. However, in all fairness, what I am suggesting would be a daunting task and I?m probably the only one who notices those sorts of things in a piece of music this complex! (Picky, picky?I know?but you?re such an experienced, talented vidder, so I thought I?d throw it out to you.)

me talented? :D yay
hehe, don't know what to say to the rest of it:S lol

Quote:
?0:25 ? You got the drop of the bomb?s contacts right on the heavy downbeat of the music. Nice!
?0:46 ? Janet?s mouth moving while Sam is talking is distracting because it?s so obvious.

0.25 - i tried to time this right,
0.46 - i didn't even notice this until u pointed it out, it is a bit annoying isn't it?!

Quote:
?1:32 ? I really like your scene titles, but I wish that you had placed them slightly lower on the frame. At this particular point, the title cuts across the center of Jack?s face and it looks awkward. Besides, why wouldn't we want to see handsome Jack?s face in its entirety? ;)

it was at one point over his eyes! i was able to get it down a bit, but not that far, movie maker should get better titles.

Quote:
?1:41 ? Wow! So moving when Jack says, ?Jacob, stop,? and the music suddenly pauses after building to a climax. Very nice!
?1:59 & 2:05-2:10 ? The first flash of Daniel?s ascension and the subsequent character flashes were timed very well to the musical line. I love to see that! The quick clips were comfortable to watch and transitioned nicely.

1.41 is my favourite part! that just went so nicely to the music!
i always tried my best to match everything to the music/beat/lyrics i think it makes the video better if you do this.

Quote:
?2:14 ? Daniel disappeared through the wormhole exactly on a cymbal crash ? perfection!
?2:21 ? I really liked that you let Jack linger a moment and then fade out after the music had finished. It gave me time to react to what I had seen in the company of a friend doing the same.

Again, this is a beautiful Meridian tribute. I think you picked the best of the episode?s video and audio clips and coupled with very expressive music to create a complete, moving story. I never tire of good trailers made from this episode?bravo and thanks for sharing! I did, indeed, enjoy your work!!!

thank you so much! *hug*
i never get tried of trailers, i love them!

EDR_Emz
Major

[*] posted on 1-10-2006 at 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mycenia
Wow. The audio and music mesh beautifully. I'm going to echo Cole J's comments, except the music part, the only thing I know about meter is that it hangs out with centi and kilo a lot.

:25 - awesome
1:41-1:46 - the music stops with Jacob asking "Are you serious" *shivers*
The entire ascension sequence and beyond. Beautific.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mycenia
My suggestions stem from the mind of a creative writing major. Feel free to completely ignore anything I suggest.

When it comes to title flashes, you want to make their words flow as wonderfully as your video and audio.Two things to consider (in my opinion):

The shorter, the more dramatic. Wordiness takes away from the overall effect.

Avoid adverbs like "even", "seem", "barely", "likely" ect. They are weak words.

A few example suggestions. Most fall within the two statements above, so I'll just leave a possible alternative:

"When SG-1 go off world" - I imagine the next line to say "they get in a lot of trouble". This title would do well for a series or season trailer (for someone who hasn't watched before). But as a episode trailer, I think something like "Next time..." would show more familiarity.

"Will end up sacraficing" - "Will sacrafice..."

"That's not even his own" - "That's not his own"

"And this time it seems" - "And this time"

"No one can save him." - kill the period, you didn't use one anywhere else

"Daniel asks Jack one last favor" - "One last favor.." Keep it informal. You show Daniel asking Jack (beautifully), no need to say it as well.

"Jack must let Daniel go" - "Let him go" or "It's time to let him go" Ditto the above comment.

I hope I didn't overstep myself. I get all heady when ot comes to wording sometimes. If so just let me know and I'll leave well enough alone next time.

Overall a lovely, lovely job!!

no it's ok, i like any feedback, good or bad.
i see what u mean, i never really thought about shortening the sentances.
may try that later on.
i get so use to explaining everything! :P

thanks for watching and feedbacking, it's nice to see new faces on kawoosh! ;)

EDR_Emz
Major

[*] posted on 1-10-2006 at 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by starlover
okay i review...my review isn't as detailed as the other ones but still i give you mine...

i really love youre vid...i like that you sometimes would let daniel/jack or someone else talk...i really like this sort of music!

a beatiful meridian tribute(even if its not one of my favorite episodes, i'm not a big daniel fan)

keep up the good work! :)

not a big daniel fan :o

u alright? u unwell? *checks your forehead* lol

thanks for the feedback, doesn't have to be as detailed as Cole J's or Mycenia's.
just popping by with a few words is all i need! :D

tho the long feedbacks are fun to go through. :P

Gater Female
Supreme Commander of the Kawooshers

Mood: busy, as usual

[*] posted on 9-10-2006 at 02:26 AM

Ohhh, I've been meaning to review this vid for aaages!!! I haven't watched an instrumental vid in a while, I'm starting to get withdrawl symptoms!

:D

I was reading what Mycenia suggested about the words and I think I have to agree.

"What happened?" - I thought the opening was excellent, and with that one question already fills the mood with curiosity, which I think is important for a trailer.

Niiice crescendo for when those things prod into the... thing and you see the blast wave as you learn "there was an accident".

With the "Now Daniel's Dying" line, I always prefer to not have character names within text on trailers because I think it's unnecessary and I don't want to make it too obvious. I think you can get away with "Now He's Dying", and viewers might think, "Who? Him? Who's that?" and ask more questions and would be focused on the trailer, trying to see if they can find out anymore answers.

I really like the audio clips, very appropriate and very well placed. I especially liked Sam's little speech with the "I could make things worse" line. Then Jacob's on the scene with "we'll do our best", very cool, very slick editing too.

Lovely montage to end with Daniel talking to Jack... "Jacob, stop"... *silence*
...ohhh, that was genius! That was so cool. In a way, I wanted the trailer to end there, I didn't want to know anymore, to keep the suspense. But then the music picks up on "it's what he wants" and ooh, tingly!

I didn't want to see the ascension, because it being a trailer I didn't want to see too much, I didn't want to see it being given away. But despite that, the next sequence was just brilliant. Crescendo when Daniel turns into the energy-jellyfish with lovely captures of everyone's expressions.

*bam* Daniel walks through the puddle, cymbals crash, glowy-jellyfish is gone, cue Jack, fade to black... lovely!

This is a great video, absolutely frickin' cool! Well done!

Happy vidding!

(",) Gater

Kawoosh! Stargate Music Videos
http://kawoosh.co.uk

Gater on LJ
http://puddlejumping.co.uk

I don't read. I vid.

Have you read the forum guidelines?

Oath's suck. *rofl*
EDR_Emz
Major

[*] posted on 9-10-2006 at 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gater
Ohhh, I've been meaning to review this vid for aaages!!! I haven't watched an instrumental vid in a while, I'm starting to get withdrawl symptoms!

:D

LOL

Quote:
I was reading what Mycenia suggested about the words and I think I have to agree.

"What happened?" - I thought the opening was excellent, and with that one question already fills the mood with curiosity, which I think is important for a trailer.

Niiice crescendo for when those things prod into the... thing and you see the blast wave as you learn "there was an accident".

With the "Now Daniel's Dying" line, I always prefer to not have character names within text on trailers because I think it's unnecessary and I don't want to make it too obvious. I think you can get away with "Now He's Dying", and viewers might think, "Who? Him? Who's that?" and ask more questions and would be focused on the trailer, trying to see if they can find out anymore answers.

I really like the audio clips, very appropriate and very well placed. I especially liked Sam's little speech with the "I could make things worse" line. Then Jacob's on the scene with "we'll do our best", very cool, very slick editing too.

next time i do a trailer i will try and not do too many words/add names.

glad u liked the opening with jack and daniel's voice overs.

Quote:
Lovely montage to end with Daniel talking to Jack... "Jacob, stop"... *silence*
...ohhh, that was genius! That was so cool. In a way, I wanted the trailer to end there, I didn't want to know anymore, to keep the suspense. But then the music picks up on "it's what he wants" and ooh, tingly!

i do love this part myself, and *looks around to see if anyone's listening* the part where it went silent i didn't mean to do. hehe

don't u love them kind of mistakes! :D

Quote:
I didn't want to see the ascension, because it being a trailer I didn't want to see too much, I didn't want to see it being given away. But despite that, the next sequence was just brilliant. Crescendo when Daniel turns into the energy-jellyfish with lovely captures of everyone's expressions.

*bam* Daniel walks through the puddle, cymbals crash, glowy-jellyfish is gone, cue Jack, fade to black... lovely!

This is a great video, absolutely frickin' cool! Well done!

i always show too much in trailers. it's how i do them, oh well. *shrugs*

so happy u think this is 'frickin' cool!' lol
i always love it when u feedback ;)

thanks for watching and the great detailed feedback :$

afterThought Female
Challenge Manager

Mood: Coffee... need coffee!!

[*] posted on 12-1-2007 at 06:51 AM

You really can't go wrong with Meridian! :) Liked the opening at :25 with the 'crash' in the music - good compliment. Some sections, especially near the beginning like :27-:34, the footage felt it was moving too fast for the music - not in the sense of transitions but in the sense of motion. The music felt flowy, whereas the footage was hastened - I found the two to be at odds. Some of the vocal overlays at 1:17 on become difficult to hear with the rise in music - the two are competing. Maybe if the volume of the music could be lowered a little, not so much to diminish the fact that there was a rise in intensity of the music, but enough that it isn't overpowering. Really loved the effect and timing of the pause at 1:41 - perfect place to put it. 1:58 was also another perfect moment with the peak of the brightness of Daniel's ascension coinciding with the rise in music. From here to the end was great. :) Good job.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/after_thought_/MyBannercompletesmaller-1.jpg
EDR_Emz
Major

[*] posted on 12-1-2007 at 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by afterThought
You really can't go wrong with Meridian! :) Liked the opening at :25 with the 'crash' in the music - good compliment. Some sections, especially near the beginning like :27-:34, the footage felt it was moving too fast for the music - not in the sense of transitions but in the sense of motion. The music felt flowy, whereas the footage was hastened - I found the two to be at odds. Some of the vocal overlays at 1:17 on become difficult to hear with the rise in music - the two are competing. Maybe if the volume of the music could be lowered a little, not so much to diminish the fact that there was a rise in intensity of the music, but enough that it isn't overpowering. Really loved the effect and timing of the pause at 1:41 - perfect place to put it. 1:58 was also another perfect moment with the peak of the brightness of Daniel's ascension coinciding with the rise in music. From here to the end was great. :) Good job.

wow, i posted this a while back. had to get the vid back out to remind myself which one it was! lol

0.25 yeh i really tried to time that right as i thought it went in well.

0.27 - 0.34 you know what, i didn't notice that until you said it! :D

1.17 - one of the most annoying things is, when you want to add audio but it has background music, you have to play around to try and make it so you can hear both the audio and ur music but not there's

1.41 - think that's my favourite part of this video, *looks back at old feedback* yeh i did think this was the vid where that was a mistake! LOL
oh well, i love mistakes like these.

1.58 - ok this could be my favourite too.
this part wasn't a mistake, i got it to brighten at the same time as the music.

thank you *bows* please come again hehe
sorry in weird mood.

Go To Top