Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/header.php on line 202
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum - New Vid - "The Promise" - Powered by XMB
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: New Vid - "The Promise"
Hoodat Whatzit
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 21-11-2004 at 04:55 AM
"The Promise" - Jack/Sam

Finally got my desktop hooked back up so I can share my latest vid.

"The Promise" - Tracy Chapman

Jack/Sam shippy with spoilers up to and including Lost City.

Weighs in at a whopping (for me) 13.38 MB at 5:30 in length

You can find the vid at the bottom of my main music vid page:

http://www.hoodatlair.com/musicvids.htm

This vid was inspired by the last few minutes of The Lost City. I heard the song on the radio not long after the ep aired and knew I had to make the video. I actually found the music for the Abyss vid "Another Sun" because I was looking for the lyrics to this song.

There are many things I am extremely pleased with in this video and some things I was trying out - like referencing a specific scene many times. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it.

Hope you enjoy it!

Marky G
Lieutenant

Mood: For Scotland!

[*] posted on 21-11-2004 at 11:13 AM

http://www.hoodatlair.com/musicvids.htm

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 21-11-2004 at 11:31 AM

Hey Hoo

I'm not really a J/S shipper, but this one I really liked. Thought it was very sweet, rather than overly romantic/slushy, and I liked the clips you picked to fit the lyrics, most of which were spot-on ;) Lovely song too.
Overall, I think it summed up their relationship very well, and realistically.

BTW, couldn't get the link to work, so had to access the vid via your "www" link under the post....don't know why? Just thought you should know.

EDIT: I see MarkyG worked it out whilst I was watching the vid!
Hoodat Whatzit
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 21-11-2004 at 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Muppet
Hey Hoo

I'm not really a J/S shipper, but this one I really liked. Thought it was very sweet, rather than overly romantic/slushy

Thanks Muppet. That's my favorite complement with the shippy stuff when a non-shipper tells me it didn't make them gag. LOL :D

And Marky figured out I managed to leave the .htm tag off the url somehow (it was late for Hoo). Thanks Marky! I just edited my original post to fix it as well.

Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 21-11-2004 at 05:39 PM

I don't mind the slushy ones, just don't really watch them as I'm not a S/J shipper *ducks objects now being thrown by shippers* :D

I liked how yours was a realistic view of their romantic relationship, such as it is.
Hoodat Whatzit
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 22-11-2004 at 12:16 AM

Quote:
I liked how yours was a realistic view of their romantic relationship, such as it is.

LOL

You know there are shippers out there that throw stuff at me too because of that "realistic" viewpoint. ;)

I can't help it. I want it to happen but I don't see either of them throwing caution to the wind and ending the UST anytime soon. ::sob::

Doesn't mean I can't project with the best of them, though! :D

Deanie
Sergeant

thumbup.gif posted on 22-11-2004 at 07:08 AM

Wow... beautiful video... brilliant, even. The song just fits them so well...

I am a S/J shipper... and I seriously think this is one of the best S/J vids I've ever seen...

Deanie
Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 22-11-2004 at 08:04 AM

LOL - there you go, enjoyed by shippers and non-shippers alike! :D :D

Actually even though I'm a non-shipper, I would like to see them get together at the end ;)
Hoodat Whatzit
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 22-11-2004 at 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Deanie
I am a S/J shipper... and I seriously think this is one of the best S/J vids I've ever seen...

Gee...

::thinks about some of the vids she's watched::

Um... you know we are our own worst critics, right? I already look at it and see things I want to fix or do differently. LOL

Thanks for the kind words.

Hoodat Whatzit
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 22-11-2004 at 12:59 PM

Quote:
Actually even though I'm a non-shipper, I would like to see them get together at the end ;)

So does that make you a Finishipper?? :P

::steps up on soapbox::

Fandom would be so much more enjoyable if everyone could just be a "fan" and forget the labels.

However, vidders seem more comfortable playing across fandom "boundries" than most fans. At least so far... ;)

Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 22-11-2004 at 02:43 PM

Yeah, OK, I'm a "finishipper"! :P

I just like happy endings ;) I don't mind the labels, just the people who become so sterotypical about their point of view.
Muppet
Major

[*] posted on 24-12-2004 at 11:22 AM

I just read a post by someone on a West Wing forum, and they referred to themselves as a "finishipper", so I'm glad I'm not the only one in that weird category! :D

Go To Top