Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/header.php on line 202

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum - Powered By XMB Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum

Reporting Rippers
Gater - 2-4-2007 at 10:25 PM

This is the place to report suspected ripping.

Once it has been confirmed that the person has ripped off other vidders/vids they will be added to the Kawoosh! blacklist.

Please try to keep your posts here as factual as possible to help us identify these people. This is not a thread to air personal feelings about rippers, but a thread to identify and blacklist them.

Thanks!

Current Blacklist

* Resurection0 / Gaterocker
* NightStrider25 / shadowtalon25 / demonwolf25 / talen
* Tubg
* BudongChowBC

spacecadet - 1-7-2007 at 01:01 AM

Well, I was over at another list site and it was announced that someone was stealing J/D Fanfic and Manips and claiming them as their own.

So, I figured what the heck let's see if they have any vids that they are claiming as their own, and guess what...
Yup!

bri's "6 feet from the edge"
JayEm's "When you come back down"
Stacy L's "throwing it all away"

That's all that I got from the streaming, using dial-up, it's just a very slow process...

There are 13 vids in total... 12 are SG-1 and 1 is another show...

Theif's name is nightstrider25...

http://nightstrider25.deviantart.com/

click on the My Video's link ...or just go directly

http://www.putfile.com/nightstrider25

Ok Gater/Muppet, I'll leave the rest up to you...

brihana25 - 1-7-2007 at 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by spacecadet
There are 13 vids in total... 12 are SG-1 and 1 is another show...

Beth (Crash and Burn), JayEm (When You Come Back Down and My Own Prison), AussieMel (Everything I Do), Bria (All I Know), Dragonfly (What Hurts the Most), plantboy (With You), Meret and Anquet (Standing at the Edge of the Earth), StacyL (Throwing it All Away)

Two unknown:

Janet tribute - Hello by Evanescence
A Year Ago Today by (I have no idea...)

AND (and boy does this ever burn my ass) she's chopping the credits off. Mine are gone from Six Feet, Dragonfly's opening titles are gone from What Hurts the Most, but JayEm's name is still showing on When You Come Back Down. So either she just figured out how to do this, or she didn't want to chop the beginning of the vid off (which is weird, because she most certainly did chop What Hurts...)

spacecadet - 1-7-2007 at 05:24 PM

Hello...
He took the link down from his deviant art web page, but the vids are all still up at putfile...
To report vids you must register with putfile, and when reporting make sure to link the true vidders webpage addy...
I reported Bri's and Stacy's so far...
Anyone else want to jump in and help out???
I've got curriculum to plan for the week...
I shall try to do more later....

Muppet - 1-7-2007 at 05:26 PM

Gater and I have emailed NightStrider25 (aka: shadowtalon25 / demonwolf25 / talen) and informed them that they have now been added to the Kawoosh! blacklist.

We will also crosspost this thread in The Kawoosher.

brihana25 - 1-7-2007 at 05:37 PM

And here's his/her/its LJ - http://nightstrider.livejournal.com/

There's nothing there though. It doesn't look like it's been updated in almost 3 years.

brihana25 - 1-7-2007 at 05:39 PM

Ah... it is a girl.

http://tinyurl.com/2q4ep3 (This is a link to her MySpace profile)

afterThought - 1-7-2007 at 09:18 PM

And she's trying her best to get rid of the comments on her Deviant Art page by adding dummy posts so they get pushed down. To think that I was actually concerned and tried to sign up for putfile to send her a friendly 'heads up' that what she was doing was wrong. Now I see she blatantly knows what she's doing and it's enough to make me want to sign up for Deviant Art and make a post just to screw up her efforts to mislead others.

brihana25 - 2-7-2007 at 02:54 PM

nightstrider and her sock, offkcuf, have been banned from deviantART. However, PutFile has yet to do a damned thing about her.

So... where do we go from here?

spacecadet - 3-7-2007 at 01:07 PM

Guess who has a YouTube account....
There are 9 vids up here too......
http://www.youtube.com/user/nightstrider25

brihana25 - 3-7-2007 at 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by spacecadet
Guess who has a YouTube account....
There are 9 vids up here too......
http://www.youtube.com/user/nightstrider25

Well, I flagged them all, for all the good it'll do.

Aruna7 - 3-7-2007 at 04:33 PM

I have discovered that someone on youtube has ripped off 3 of my vids, though they are not SG, I hope I can post it here.

Youtube user is : tubg

* David Nolande vid "one thing you should know"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=n-0KR3mw-yU
original vid by me: http://www.beyondhope-aruna7.com/onethingyoushouldknow.html
Credits have been cut off, and comments by svala about it have been deleted

* Clara Sheller vid "we were meant to be together"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fcU6IjHlpWg
original vid by me: http://www.beyondhope-aruna7.com/weweremeanttobetogether.html
Credits have been cut off, and music changed

* Clara Sheller vid "shoop shoop"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MNgkFjqSDVs&mode=related&search=
original vid by me: http://www.beyondhope-aruna7.com/shoopshoop.html

Dragonfly - 8-7-2007 at 06:01 PM

I have written to every single person that left feedback on youtube for every single vid she stole and told them who the videos actually belong to and where to find them. nightstrider erased all of their angry comments afterwards and blocked our names. So we've been changing our names slightly to sign back in and repost. I think we'll be doing it in shifts now so we won't have to come up with so many user names. heh.

Gah is this person pissing me off.

"I have it saved on my computer and on my jump drive just in case it gets delete. I don't know where else I could up load it to. Thank you for such a good comment. Getting commets like these really touch me and I am so proud of this video.. :) "

"Thank you for such a kind comment. I am happy to hear that you think so highly of this video. And I hope to keep this work up and I heard this song and just had to do a video for it. I tend to be deep at times and those are the times that I do my best work. "

Permission to claw her eyeballs out.

Dragonfly - 8-7-2007 at 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aruna7
I have discovered that someone on youtube has ripped off 3 of my vids, though they are not SG, I hope I can post it here.

Youtube user is : tubg

* David Nolande vid "one thing you should know"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=n-0KR3mw-yU
original vid by me: http://www.beyondhope-aruna7.com/onethingyoushouldknow.html
Credits have been cut off, and comments by svala about it have been deleted

* Clara Sheller vid "we were meant to be together"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fcU6IjHlpWg
original vid by me: http://www.beyondhope-aruna7.com/weweremeanttobetogether.html

* Clara Sheller vid "shoop shoop"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MNgkFjqSDVs&mode=related&search=
original vid by me: http://www.beyondhope-aruna7.com/shoopshoop.html

*keeps pitchfork out and charges*

Red Phoniex - 19-8-2007 at 09:13 PM

picks up pitch fork too

Aruna7 - 20-8-2007 at 12:16 AM

Thanks very very much to both of you! I hope it'll do something in the end.... *hopes and crosses fingers*

jemo - 20-8-2007 at 05:33 AM

Well, I went and flagged all three vids as well as leaving comments on them. Let's hope it gets youtube's attention.

Red Phoniex - 11-9-2007 at 08:48 PM

sent a message to all her subribiners and lots of people who commented. got a few reply. hope it helps.

Aruna7 - 26-9-2007 at 05:35 AM

Thank you very much!!!!! *group hugs* This really means much to me guys!!!!

*crosses fingers*

Red Phoniex - 27-9-2007 at 10:06 PM

guys you have to watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL_RYAAEyyk

one of the people i got hold of who complimented nightstrider25's vid wasn't too happy when i told them who they really belonged too and has joined the fight.

dark_orion - 30-9-2007 at 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Red Phoniex

one of the people i got hold of who complimented nightstrider25's vid wasn't too happy when i told them who they really belonged too and has joined the fight.

This is absolutely fantastic!

Gater - 7-10-2007 at 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Red Phoniex

Wow, awesome!

Dragonfly - 25-11-2007 at 05:45 PM

*waves* Nope. I'm not dead. lol I've been a nomad for the last year though. lol *looks around* Wow... sooo many new people. *waves and offers cookies*

Anyway... hope it's okay I post this here..

It's been brought to my attention that there is now a SPN video thief on youtube. This is beyond frustrating, especially since nightstrider is still thieving away our Stargate vids. heeeheeehoooo

She's stealing whole vids, chunks of vids. She's even taking entire vids and putting them to OTHER songs.

ComBatKittie http://www.youtube.com/user/ComBatKittie

Keep a look out. One (or part of one) could be yours. She has stolen numerous vids from myself.

~dragonfly

Muppet - 25-11-2007 at 09:33 PM

Of course it's OK to post it here... thanks for letting us know =)

Beach Chick - 18-12-2007 at 07:49 AM

I didn't even know there was a place like this on here. I really think it is stupid when people take clips from other peoples videos and use them in there own. This happened a few months ago to me. Someone was posting videos with clips taken from my own videos, and my own water mark was on them. That is just dumb. Since I confronted the person, I haven't been able to find those videos again. Soooo...hopefully she took them down.

I want to help post comments to these people and join in the fight against these clips/video thieves.
-Chicky

Rae - 29-12-2007 at 06:41 AM

Okay, I've been notified that my clips were in another youtube video. Thanks again for the heads up Uhsir. You rock and it's great to know that other vidders are keeping an eye out for these happenings. So, back to the clip theft. I really want to get worked up with righteous indignation, and I did for like two minutes. Then I watched the other vids for signs of recognizable markings or editing and found the most horrendous "editing" in all of fandom. Seriously, everyone should go view these monstrous creations just for the shock value. I've seen some bad videos. Hell, I've made some bad videos but nothing I've ever seen compares to this. All I can say is, OMG! And yeah, you might want to look for stolen clips. Don't look too hard though, the bad editing may be contagious. I'm off to wash the crap off of me.

BarushDepp

My clips are in this vid: BlahBlahBlah
They're the ones that say Rae. *headdesk*

Red Phoniex - 8-1-2008 at 01:43 AM

nightstrider25 has disabled comments on her user info page on youtube and you can't see whose favourited the vids anymore.

Gater - 8-1-2008 at 07:24 AM

I've sent messages to both tubg and BarushDepp explaining that clip theft is wrong yada yada and if they do not do something about it within a week or so, they'll be added to the black list.

I'm really sorry for not doing this sooner, I just haven't been around - really sorry!

Gater - 13-1-2008 at 09:40 AM

Update

Barush Depp has commented on the Sam/Jack video and I replied - I want to wait for another response (if any) before taking further action.

Tubg appears to not have read my message yet and hasn't done anything about the videos. I'm going to add them to the blacklist.

Looking into ComBatKittie at the mo'...

Edit: ComBatKittie was resolved already - yay!

Chayiana - 24-1-2008 at 10:44 PM

Hi @ all,

maybe I'll need your help. I just found the most shameless ripper ever, I guess.

This Jackekob posted a vid on youtube which is in fully length my Rodney-vid for the "same song challenge" (gravity of love). He (or she) changed the music and guess what? He took the music of my Liberatio-vid instead, including the voice parts of Dr. Weir I put in it. And at the end he (or she) erased my name and put "made by sari" in.

Isn't that cheeky or what? I can't believe it!!! :mad:

I sent him a message but if he won't react I need your help. I can stand a lot of things but this is far too much!!

This is the link:

Tribute to Dr.Meredith Rodney McKay

spacecadet - 25-1-2008 at 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chayiana
Hi @ all,

maybe I'll need your help. I just found the most shameless ripper ever, I guess.

This Jackekob posted a vid on youtube which is in fully length my Rodney-vid for the "same song challenge" (gravity of love). He (or she) changed the music and guess what? He took the music of my Liberatio-vid instead, including the voice parts of Dr. Weir I put in it. And at the end he (or she) erased my name and put "made by sari" in.

Isn't that cheeky or what? I can't believe it!!! :mad:

I sent him a message but if he won't react I need your help. I can stand a lot of things but this is far too much!!

This is the link:

Tribute to Dr.Meredith Rodney McKay

Not that I didn't believe you, but I decided to watch both vids streamed side by side, and just could not believe that someone would do what this Jerk did....
What an absolute looser!
Most vid thieves don't go to the trouble of redoing front and back titles....
I am really pissed off with this guy!
I am also curious how you guys find these thieves on YouTube...
There are just vast amounts of videos over there that I am not sure that I would ever know if anyone stole any of my stuff, not that they would, lol....
I did see a vid over there one day that I swear had one of my clips from my "Memories" vid, but how could I prove a clip with no watermark, lol...
It was slowed down and B/W just like mine exact length too, but...
Oh well, sign me up to get this nut job...
I am on board!

tearful eye - 25-1-2008 at 10:39 PM

hmm, rippers make me http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/tearful-eye/smilies/boilinganger.gif

you probably already all know this, but there's this quite new LJ comm, dontstealvideos, which i think is prety good stuff.

Chayiana - 28-1-2008 at 08:59 PM

@tearful eye
Thanks for link ... it's bookmarked!^^
For the next time ... because this time it seems as if this jerk became reasonable ... he removed the vid from youtube. But don't believe that I get an apology or anything else ... nothing.

But thank you very much for your support anyway!!:)

Muppet - 29-1-2008 at 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chayiana
@tearful eye
Thanks for link ... it's bookmarked!^^
For the next time ... because this time it seems as if this jerk became reasonable ... he removed the vid from youtube. But don't believe that I get an apology or anything else ... nothing.

But thank you very much for your support anyway!!:)

There was a post about this site HERE which has a little more information, as well as a post on The Kawoosher which gives a little more information about that site and the site it was developed from.

susu - 7-2-2008 at 04:12 PM

I've just been notified by a friend that someone has uploaded one of my vids and claimed it as their own. It has my water mark on for gods sake: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWnPPTzBdkU&feature=user
He's taken the credits off the end replaced it with his own. I've left a message asking them to take it down. He calls himself Lonsdale Jnr. I know this has happened to others - well established vidders with fabulous videos behind them, but I never thought little old me would be a victim. No one's safe it appears.

Update: kjscififan just contacted me. Two of her vids have also been uploaded by this chap. He has disabled comments and ratings on her vids so he obviously knows. What can we do about it?

Gater - 7-2-2008 at 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by susuWhat can we do about it?

We hound the sucker! =P

I'm going to send them a message, explaining what they're doing is wrong, and let them know that we know what they're up to - basically put pressure on them.

I tell them about the blacklist we have and say they will be added to it for everyone to see.

I did this with Chayiana's ripper and while they didn't reply or seem to acknowledge any of my messages, they did remove the video. At least that was something.

Others respond apologetically, while others can get hostile.

Either way, you've done the right thing by posting about it here. Hopefully enough Kawooshers'll poke this lying turd and they'll think twice before messing with us. =)

susu - 7-2-2008 at 09:59 PM

Quote:

Either way, you've done the right thing by posting about it here. Hopefully enough Kawooshers'll poke this lying turd and they'll think twice before messing with us. =)

Ha! Don't mess with us Kawooshers bozo!

susu - 8-2-2008 at 11:10 AM

Good news - Lonsdalejnr took the videos down, both mine and Kay's. He was very polite - insisted though that he had edited them in part himself (not), and apologised for any offence. Thank you for all the help Kawooshers. A happy ending for this one.

Gater - 8-2-2008 at 03:24 PM

Yeah, he sent me a message saying he'll take them down! =) And yes, quite polite too!

He said that he didn't upload them to take credit but because he liked them and it was a quick way to show his friends when he's away from his own computer and can't access his favourites/bookmarks. Which I think is an interesting point, but don't get me wrong, he still should've asked permission and only uploaded them if he was granted that permission.

Aw yay, I do like happy endings!

Stef - 21-7-2008 at 05:37 AM

*sigh* I just found the third instance of someone ripping off one of my videos (it's almost always the same one!). Glad this thread and everyone here is working hard to stop this kind of thing :) I don't really know videos well enough to tell what segments are from what, but if I see any I'll be sure to let whoever is the victim know...cause I know from first hand experience how much this kind of thing sucks (I think I even had someone remake my video....using my clips/edits....to the same song...but out of order).

-Stef

Muppet - 21-7-2008 at 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stef
*sigh* I just found the third instance of someone ripping off one of my videos
-Stef

Is it the same person as before - someone who is already blacklisted - or is this a new person we need to check out?

Helen - 21-7-2008 at 01:55 PM

Might as well mention "TheGateKeeperdude" on youtube aka Resurection0/Gaterocker who uploaded mine and Chayianas videos. He hasn't uploaded any more for a few months though, but you never know. Been keeping an eye out for a few months now.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGateKeeperdude

Muppet - 21-7-2008 at 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Helen
Might as well mention "TheGateKeeperdude" on youtube aka Resurection0/Gaterocker who uploaded mine and Chayianas videos. He hasn't uploaded any more for a few months though, but you never know. Been keeping an eye out for a few months now.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGateKeeperdude

So that's the new name he's chosen to use - but he hasn't ripped off anyone else lately?

I'll check the link when I get home - thanks Helen =)

Helen - 22-7-2008 at 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Muppet
So that's the new name he's chosen to use - but he hasn't ripped off anyone else lately?

well, he has a 3rd video up there aswell, but it seems he made it himself.. but wouldn't be surprised if he took it as his own also.

Budong Chow - 24-7-2008 at 01:14 AM

not only did this person steal four of my videos as hers she stole my name http://youtube.com/user/BudongChowBC this is really pissing me off... that isn't me and I don't have a youtube account can someone please help me spread the word?

The person goes by BudongChowBC on youTube :mad:

Muppet - 24-7-2008 at 06:28 AM

I'll check this link out when I get home from work - so they stole your name and your videos?

Chayiana - 24-7-2008 at 06:58 AM

@Budong Chow
OMG! I think I really have to apologize, because I was wondering why "you" answered The GateKeeperdude with my vid the way "you" did. :o Now I know it wasn't you ... sorry!

Honestly, I still can't believe it how anybody can do this. This is just pathetic!!! Are you sure that this is the same person as The GateKeeperdude? Or just two friends?

I guess it won't take long before we are all gonna be blocked by him/her. It was the same with this "The GateKeeperdude"/Resurection0/whatever. He deleted all my comments and blocked me from sending any messages. What else can we do? It's really starting to piss me off :mad:

perkin127 - 24-7-2008 at 09:53 AM

i am sooo annoyed that they stole your whole identity! esp as i had subscribed *blush* people like that are evil!

Budong Chow - 24-7-2008 at 10:30 AM

Thats what bothers me more then the videos, he took my name and made other people, like Chayiana think it was me. I just hate that all these people were lied to and I hate that he ignored others simply because he didn't know the answer to their questions since he/she didn't make the video themselves.

Sorry Chayiana, I'm not sure what they said as far as the comment went but I'm sorry this liar hurt and offended you. This just kinda sucks. I'm starting to think that it can't be a coincident that the two are friends and that the only favorite TheGateKepper has on his site is one on BudongChowBC's and vice versa. We are probably dealing with the same person. Which is just sad.

Muppet - 24-7-2008 at 10:33 AM

Just to remind people of this thread I posted a while ago:

Stopping plagiarism

... hopefully it might be of help/interest to some of you who are dealing with the problem of people stealing your vids and passing them off as their own.

And also of this thread here on http://stat.livejournal.com/img/community.gif The Kawoosher:

Reporting rippers thread

... where you can also report rippers for the Kawoosh! blacklist.

I'll be checking out this BudongChowBC when I get home and the likelihood - as you say - that it's actually just another pseudonym used by TheGateKeeper.

Budong Chow - 26-7-2008 at 12:08 PM

Well... GREAT NEWS!!! BudongChowBC took my videos down. Now if only I can get them to recreate their account with a different name things will be awesome. Can you all keep an eye out for something like this in the future. The only places you should see my videos are here on kawoosh, my lj site, and dailymotion

Thanks everyone for their help :)

Muppet - 26-7-2008 at 01:46 PM

That really is great news - congratulations =)

Chayiana - 26-7-2008 at 02:50 PM

Congratulations, Budong Chow!! That's really good news! :grins:

Now we have just to convince him/her to change the name ... and convince this "Gatekeeperdude" to take down my and Helen's vids as well. That would be a real victory, wouldn't it?

Budong Chow - 26-7-2008 at 03:50 PM

Thank you, Gatekeeperdude is the next challenge... I'm sure we will get them, that is my current aim... I hope for the same result for you and Helen. *fingers crossed*

Helen - 26-7-2008 at 04:01 PM

That's great news Budong Chow! Congrats!
If only The Named One can come to his senses as well -_-

Budong Chow - 26-7-2008 at 04:23 PM

I tried leaving a comment on his page but I believed I've been blocked from leaving comments... I did however leave comments on the pages of all the people who have subscribed to gatekeeperdude's channel. I hope that helps some.

Valika - 26-7-2008 at 05:01 PM

Oh Budong Chow, you've won a battle, this is great. I'm afraid, that the war is not over unfortunately. Leaving comments to subscribers is a very good idea, it should help. Just a stupid question: is there any possibility to report to Youtube about your stolen name? Probably his account will be deleted.

Budong Chow - 26-7-2008 at 08:09 PM

I was going to look into that.... Hopefully there is something they can do about it :|

perkin127 - 27-7-2008 at 12:50 PM

yay im glad they took them down, congrats. it shows its def worth fighting

Budong Chow - 3-8-2008 at 01:08 PM

I would suggest going through the ThiefWallofShame on youtube. They helped me get BudongChowBC's account closed. They did it fairly quickly too, they might be able to help with Gatekeeperdude if you haven't looked into it yet.

Muppet - 3-8-2008 at 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Budong Chow
I would suggest going through the ThiefWallofShame on youtube. They helped me get BudongChowBC's account closed. They did it fairly quickly too, they might be able to help with Gatekeeperdude if you haven't looked into it yet.

Thanks for the link - I didn't know about that place =)

Chayiana - 22-9-2008 at 10:06 PM

There's once again a youtube user who causes trouble for me.

This one --> http://www.youtube.com/user/destinygurl2

Thing is, this user uploaded two vids of mine a while ago. When I saw it I asked him to take them down. he begged me to let them leave, I agreed under the condition that he'd give proper credits and that these two vids will remain the only ones.

A few days back he came again and asked to upload another vid of mine which I refused. Now he uploaded not one but two further vids without my permission, in fact, I've forbidden it. And then he sent me a mail asking me where would be my proof that I'm really Chayiana. (My youtube account is JulesVids). That's so cheeky!!!

And I sent another mail ordering him to take all my vids down immediately. Now he's getting really nasty. I just post the last two mails I got from him.
Quote:

1.take my name down
2.no ones gonna listen to ur sign thing
3.all ur vids have ur name at the end
4.theres nothin u can do to stop me so ill put as many of them as i want on
5.told all my ates ur site thier gonna uplaod them on youtube now.
6.shouldnt have put them on a uploadable site
7.dont tell me wot to do
Quote:
1.take my name down
2.they all have chayiaana at the end
3.dont tell me wot to do
4.no ones gonna listen to your sign thing
5.theres nothin u can do about ur vids bein on my page ill uplaod as many of them as i want
6.shpuldnt ave put them on a upload site
7.ur 37 get a life
They came back to back. And if you wonder why he's demanding to take his name down ... I left a message for him and everyone else in my vid archive (as well as a proof that I'm Chayiana *sigh*):

The youtube user "destinygurl2" hasn't got my permission to upload my vids on youtube. Is that clear?

The nasty thing is that he thinks he's got the right to upload them on youtube because I made my vids downloadable. Sorry, but how can anyone seriously think that?

For the moment I locked my vid archive, so that only my lj friends can download my vids. But that's not the way I wanted it to be.

Please, I'm not sure what to do now, help me! :(

EDIT:

Okay I made a deal with him ( I know, stupid me, but I'm tired of bothering and I surely don't want that all of his friends will upload my vids as well). So, he may leave the first two vids I already allowed him to upload (Pirates of the Pegasus Galaxy and Pinky and the brain), but everything else he has to remove and must not ever upload a vid of mine again.

But nevertheless, we should keep an eye on him.

Budong Chow - 23-9-2008 at 12:57 AM

I'm sorry to hear that.. It's good that he was good enough to at least cut a deal but it still isn't right and I'm sorry. I'll do what I can to be annoying and get him to take them down. :(

Valika - 23-9-2008 at 08:40 AM

I'm sorry to hear that, too. What a rude guy! Hopefully he will keep the deal at least. I really do not understand these people.

Muppet - 23-9-2008 at 09:00 AM

Chayiana - you could also point out to him/her that if he does renege on the deal and post any more of your vids, he will be highlighted on the Kawoosh! blacklist as someone who takes vids without permission, and also that he/she will be reported to the various sites/communites who deal with this kind of theft, and will therefore be blacklisted in a helluva lot of places.

Perhaps if they know there are other avenues open to you - and there is a lot of places for you to get support - they'll think twice before doing this again and take it a little more seriously.

Good luck =)

Budong Chow - 23-9-2008 at 10:43 AM

I sent a message to destinygurl2, trying to take the nice approach and appeal to their sense of right. I'm not sure it will work though but I thought, any little thing might help. I mean, she realizes it was wrong because all comments have to get approved first.

Anyway, this is what I sent her.

I understand that you love Stargate and I can agree with you there. Stargate is one of the best shows to make videos for. You also have great taste in vidders, the videos you have posted on your site are incredibly well thought up and executed. I'm all for showing your respect to other peoples hard work but to upload another persons video to your site without permission is not respectful. I know you are an intelligent person, you have to be to enjoy Stargate as much as you do so please get permission in the future. And you should really take the videos down you don't have permission to use.

Chayiana - 23-9-2008 at 05:58 PM

Thank you all for your support and sympathy. It's good to know that here's always someone to help with these ****.

@Budong Chow
Thanks so much for sending this really nice message. Hopefully he/she will respect our work from now on, at least a little bit. For the moment everything is solved. We've got our deal and he/she removed the other vids from youtube. Hopefully it stays that way ...

So, just to make it clear:
I allowed him/her to upload "Pirates of the Pegasus Galaxy" and "Pinky and the brain" (but nothing more). As long as these both will remain the only ones everything's ok. :)

@Muppet
Thanks so much for your support. It's good to know that there're even more measures I could take if I had to. And I definitely keep that in mind if he/she or someone else will try it again. :cool:

Muppet - 23-9-2008 at 06:14 PM

You're more than welcome, I can oonly imagine how very frustrating and upsetting this is and anything I can do to help, I'd be glad to =)

RodneysGirl - 18-11-2008 at 06:47 PM

Hi!

As I was told that I could write about my problem here, I registered to tell you about it.

When I got a friend invite on YouTube, I checked out the users' videos and found one, that contains clips from various of my own fanvideos!
---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6eKIf_snRM

here you can find the video, this user took most clips from:
---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRTRIHSBMTI

but you can also find clips from my "Rodney McKay as James Bond" and I think one scene from my latest video "Revolutionary".
---> http://www.youtube.com/roddysshadow
that's my second account and he also took clips from my two "A New Hope" trailers.

he even cut off my boarder with my nickname. but still you can see that the clips are the same.

when I told him, that those clips belong to me, he just answered that he don't know how to copy videos from YouTube and that he takes all his scenes from the episodes. Soon after that, both comments were deleted.

what can I do now? there are now two comments stating that his video contains some of my clips (thank you again, chayiana!). is there anything else I can do?

would be great to get an answer

Valika - 19-11-2008 at 10:11 PM

Welcome here on Kawoosh forum, RodneysGirl! *waves*
I'm so sorry to read about this clip theft. You can do a lot of things, but I really don't know, if this will be enough effective as to persuade him to take down the vids from youtube. I recommend you to send messages to this guy's subscribers, friends and people who commented the vids containing your clips as to inform them about the clip theft. I would also suggest going through the Thief Wall of Shame on youtube. Hopefully they could help. If you read through this topic from the beginning, you'll find some other good ideas for sure. And don't forget to ask Gater or Muppet in pm to add this thief's name to the rippers' blacklist on Kawoosh. Good luck!

Muppet - 20-11-2008 at 09:18 AM

I second everything Valika has already said. Definitely comment - lots - on any examples you find of him stealing your vids, and make as many people aware as possible that he's doing this. Often this can be enough just to shame someone into taking them down. Also try to contact him directly explaining that what he's doing is wrong - try not to be too antagonistic at first as often just having it explained to someone as to why it's wrong will be enough to stop them. I'll check out the links you've included when I get home and try to contact them also.

Definitely check out the Thief Wall of Shame on YouTube as Valika suggested, and another really good place to try is Son't Steal Video which is an LJ community:

http://community.livejournal.com/dontstealvideo/profile

They'll look into instances of vid theft and follow them up, and once proved will also add them to their rippers list.

Can I ask - who pointed you in the direction of this thread and who's been helping you up to now - just so I can maybe contact them too and find out what they've done to help you so far so I don't just repeat everything already done?

RodneysGirl - 21-11-2008 at 03:20 PM

thank you for your answers!

I've PM'ed with him again, but he still says that he didn't take the clips from my videos. now I've submitted a comment in the LJ community "Don't steal Video", but that has yet to be approved.

does the thief wall of shame also accept Stargate videos? I've read somewhere that they don't, but I could be wrong. I have no experience with all that.

@Muppet I've talked with Chayiana and she also gave me the link to this forum ;-) well... until now she gave me the thief wall of shame site and the LJ community.

Muppet - 22-11-2008 at 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RodneysGirl
@Muppet I've talked with Chayiana and she also gave me the link to this forum ;-) well... until now she gave me the thief wall of shame site and the LJ community.

Okay - well let us know how you get on with the other suggestions that have been made and we'll see what happens next =)

Helen - 22-11-2008 at 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RodneysGirl

does the thief wall of shame also accept Stargate videos? I've read somewhere that they don't, but I could be wrong. I have no experience with all that.

they accepted my stargate video (only one there atm) so they probably will. :)

Korat - 28-3-2009 at 08:06 PM

I don't know if this counts or not, but this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgr7Oi3aGNQ
obviously does not belong to JulianneNG, they are smart enough not to claim it as their own work but it still doesn't change the fact that the actual vidder (Melanie, a fellow kawoosher) probably doesn't want it on youtube. I can't leave comments on youtube so I though I'd bring it up here incase anyone wants to take action.

Holdt - 9-5-2010 at 05:01 AM

Reposted from VampireOutlaw @ Vidders.net:

These videos are NOT stolen from me, but I notified the thief that they should credit the rightful makers or take their thief uploads down, and they said "i will ok i am sorry if i hurt anyone's feelings ok i didn't know Please forgive me of what ever i did wrong thanks !!".

It's been 3 WEEKS and they've done nothing EXCEPT blocked me from commenting on their uploads! Lying, spineless piece of sh*t! GAH! I'm really surprised they haven't deleted my comments.

They also said: "the reason why i put it on again is because i love what the creator did for this video it is amazing i hope i can make one of these videos with u someday !!!"
Which makes absolutely no sense. Especially as the original uploads are still available.

THIEF upload of "Peter Pan - Two Worlds": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99kvYT3V7D4
>> THE ORIGINAL upload:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGqYLpXlCAY

THIEF upload of "Peter Pan & Wendy Darling - My Heart Will Go On": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejJPFTLssQ4
>> THE ORIGINAL upload:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syarPYIKl1k

THIEF upload of "Peter to Wendy - I'm Here Without You": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-upvF92KPBA
>> THE ORIGINAL upload:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIUy1daFQuU

I've also notified the rightful owners about the thief but I don't know if they've got the messages as they haven't replied nor reacter at the thief. It seems they have not been online after I sent them the PMs.

Addendum: I contacted the "Two Worlds" theif, and met the same passive-aggressive M.O. as VampireOutlaw. Placation, then blocked. Really truly shamelessly uncool.

Couldnt get in contact with the original vidder(yet), but I figure just because they dont know about the theft is no excuse for inaction. :)

Help?

UhSir - 13-5-2010 at 01:48 AM

:( Oh man, is this crap still going on?

Holdt - 13-5-2010 at 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by UhSir
:( Oh man, is this crap still going on?

Yes! Still!

EDIT: These videos have finally been removed by uploader. Thanks everyone!

Holdt - 30-9-2010 at 07:50 PM

Reposted from SVU via VampireOutlaw,

"CAUTION! Do not comment on this thief with your actual accounts because this one will just attack your uploads, steal them and claim them theirs, if they happen to like them. Look into their channel description - they literally say they don't give a damn if they do something wrong or if people don't like it.

One of Kristin Harris's videos has once again been stolen and REALLY stolen: They don't credit her in any way, they have added their own production intro and cut off Kristin's end credits and the description clearly implies they claim they themselves have made that.

THE THIEF UPLOAD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fsq_WOQwCw

Of course, they've done the same with many other videos from many fandoms and vidders.

Hence, what this little sh*t says in their channel description I'm gonna assume it takes extra large and active anti-thief attack to have it stop. If even that'll help. "